The online racing simulator
LFS dedicated server running on Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
Recently our team has changed ISP's and while we used to run our servers on a Windows XP (x86) machine, we are now running them on Windows server 2008 R2 (x64).
Since we moved them, we have run into a very nasty issue of having micro stuttering every 15 minutes for three very short moments.
At xx:00 , xx:15 , xx:30 , xx:45 the screens on all clients are freezing for a split second, run on and then freezes two times again.
After that, the car is still at the same position as when the freezing started, so it's not caused by lag.
After having turned our new main server upside down, we haven't found anything that could cause these freezes.
No spikes in CPU use are noticable, no sudden memory spikes, no scheduled tasks that run every 15 minutes.
We tried using the old dedicated server, as well as the latest version and it won't make any difference.

After a lot of communication with our current ISP, they told us that LFS is probably incompatible with Server 2008, while our feeling is that something happens on the main server (all ISP's use shared hosting these days) or that one of our neighbours has something going on every 15 minutes.

Main questions now are:

- Is LFS dedicated server incompatible with Server 2008 R2 (x64)?
- Does anyone else run an LFS server on Server 2008 R2 (x64) and has seen any of these issues?

We are now considering to move to another ISP, but if we would then run into the same problem, it wouldn't help us.
Any help, thoughts, etc. are highly appreciated.
Hello,

Ive got a Dedicated Server Windows 2008 R2 64 Bits since more than 1 year now. Never had issues with lag spikes, freezes or anything else. Its totally compatible.

What are the specs of the server?
Are you running a normal LFS Dedicatded .exe or are you running DCon.exe?

Also, are you running the servers using the command line? Using the remote desktop ( running them at the desktop ? ) Or are you using a game panel / web panel which runs the servers on the background?

~Frozen
We have tried both the dedicated.exe as the Dcon.exe, but it doesn't make any difference.
We run the server from RDP and we have also tried it with TeamViewer, but that doesn't make any difference either.
We even tried not to run TeamSpeak and not to run LFS Lapper, but still no succes.
It really isn't lag, it are just 3 short freezes and once they are over, the cars are at the same position they were before the freeze started.

Specs:

2 Cores
4 GB memory
150 GB Harddisk
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise
Max 5000 GB datatraffic
Well, actually I can't just think about a CPU / RAM Problem which is causing this. A easy way to simulate that freezes is if you drag the window arround your desktop for more than 5 - 10 seconds, causing so a "HOST - TIMER BOUNDED".

If you want I can show you a server I'm running at a Windows 2008 R2 Machine, so that you see it's not a Windows problem.

~Frozen
I believe the problem is either on the machine hosting our VPS or one of the other VPS's causing a disturbance.
Sadly the technical department of our current ISP isn't willing to look any further into the issue, but now that I know that Server 2008 isn't the cause, we will move on to yet another ISP.
Thanks for your help.
Well I wish you good luck with the new ISP. Would you need any further help / or would you like suggestions about a new ISP feel free to contact me.

~Frozen

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG