The online racing simulator
TOCA 2 Touring Cars pc EVENT
(31 posts, started )
TOCA 2, what is it?

TOCA 2 is quite an old game, it was released in the year 1999 and was available for the PS1 and PC.

With thanks to Kristi, I was able to get this game up and running again on my pc.

This has given me a thought to host an event, if anyone does own a copy of TOCA 2 Touring cars for the PC and would like to join the event, feel free to.

I am hosting the server on the internet, not modem or serial...the server will be called " TC2 2014 " (without quotes), I haven't decided what cars and tracks will be in the event, but I will let people decide that on the chat in the game.

Make sure you first click Network Session, then type in the server name ' TC2 2014 '. I will be called E TURNER (since that is my name). Any questions, pm me.

The event will be held today at 19:00pm GMT+1 .
#2 - lfsrm
Great!, that was my first sim ever, I played toca 2 at 6 years old and never forgot how the cars feel ( first time i played this game the cars spinning on every turn especially with formula ford because i wasn't used with sim ) and I had a lot of fun with it .
sad that i can't joint your server, I lost my copy long time ago.
It was my second sim ever I think, when I was 4 or 5 years old. I'm installing it and I'll try to join when done.

@LFSRm, I don't think ToCA2 has any Formula Ford, that's Toca Race Driver 2, which is qutie different.

EDIT: Disregard that, I just remembered the special events with the Fiesta and Ford stuff.
I remember having some TOCA 3 on Playstation. Was quite fun back then with pretty big variety of cars,also was able to race on tracks I haven't seen anywhere else (like Toronto,Vancouver for example).
I have Toca 2, but wait, damn, I need to find it

Fordie
Toca 2, bringing back those memories
Found it, now installing....You have to do Snetty Eddy
Quote from Fordman :Found it, now installing....You have to do Snetty Eddy

Will do! I don't know if the server even works yet since no one has connected
Quote from Kristi :It was my second sim ever I think, when I was 4 or 5 years old. I'm installing it and I'll try to join when done.

@LFSRm, I don't think ToCA2 has any Formula Ford, that's Toca Race Driver 2, which is qutie different.

EDIT: Disregard that, I just remembered the special events with the Fiesta and Ford stuff.

isn't that a formula ford ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CXrEmriT9I

lol when i saw this video the graphics are very similar to lfs but with low textures .
I have tried everything and nothing works. I just get the little blue spinning circle next to mouse point, and then it stops, no error's nothing. Compat mode, all modes, run as Admin, you name it....nothing

Fordie
What about a GT Legends Server or a GTR2 (Power and Glory ) server for a difference. you can dowload the British tracks, as I have them.

I can host a server one night...Anybody up for that

Fordie
What a blast from the past. Had a amazing soundtrack as well. EZ-Rollers correct?
+ still the best intro ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUzey4gMnaI

Everytime I fired up the game and watched this I felt like I am gonna be next Schumi.

Btw. If anyone's interested - you can find one of the best mods for Race 07 on racedepartment.com and this mod covers up Toca 2. It's basically a conversion of this game into a modern engine with lots of added content, as this is only one season and the guy has done almost whole 90s decade.
Quote from Fordman :What about a GT Legends Server or a GTR2 (Power and Glory ) server for a difference. you can dowload the British tracks, as I have them.

I can host a server one night...Anybody up for that

Fordie

I'll be up for that, I just need to dl gtr2 with the P&G mod :P
It's all about TOCA 1

I remember waiting for 5 hours to download the 55MB demo on a 56K dialup
Quote from Crashgate3 :It's all about TOCA 1

I remember waiting for 5 hours to download the 55MB demo on a 56K dialup

But isn't that Toca 2? The mondeo had a different livery than compared to the '97 car
Is it?

Meh, it was 1am, my Google-fu was beginning to fail
I installed and tried, but the game just won't work. It freezes when the track should load. Damn it Looks like others have the same problem.
Quote from Mysho :
Btw. If anyone's interested - you can find one of the best mods for Race 07 on racedepartment.com and this mod covers up Toca 2. It's basically a conversion of this game into a modern engine with lots of added content, as this is only one season and the guy has done almost whole 90s decade.

I could not find it on there, so done some digging around and found this, plus he has updated in this year, in January.

You will need Race 07 ( which is cheap as chips on Steam)

Super Touring Mod

Super Touring Update

Tracks:
Donington
Silverstone
Croft
Knockhill
Oulton Park
Rockingham
Snetterton
Brands Hatch
Thruxton

There are more (Cadwell Park, Mallory Park )

So anybody up for some BTCC in Race07?

Fordie

PS - I think you are only limited to so many download's per 24hrs on nogrip website. I think I already have all the tracks, so if I can ZIP them up, could somebody host them somewhere if anybody is having problems?
Hi Guys,

I have the patches and I also have all the tracks listed above already. The download limit on nogrip is only 100mb, so you won't get much in 24hrs.

If people are interested in having a fun race / maybe championship in the BTCC on Race 07. I have a hosting place, so can upload files

What's your thoughts

Fordie..

PS - Race07 is £2.49 - http://store.steampowered.com/app/8600/
I have uploaded all the tracks and the Mod's to a public space, if anybody is interested?

Fordie

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG