The online racing simulator
My day karting
(37 posts, started )
My day karting
right dudes i know most of u dont care but this is seriously the most flukey and luckiest thing that has EVER happened to anyone. EVER.

right, my day started off badly when my engine fell off in practise.

1st heat i got bollocked big time for fighting in parc ferme.
2nd heat.... now, this is mad.

karts are fast machines, and the starts are crazy, side to side and back to back, 30 karts filled with testosterone filled teenage lunatics. anyway the race started and i passed about 3 people around the outside. so, i tried to cut back in to the inside for the next left half way up the massive straight. sum1 just tagged me and spun me round as i changed lanes. so i spun, and when u spin in a kart your engine stops.

so i was facing 20 karts all doing 60mph with me sitting there facing them with my engine stopped doing 0mph. Lots of them shit themselfs and swerved to avoid me, but 1 guy didnt see me. he slammed on the brakes and went sideways and hit me at about 50mph. my head went right up facing the sky and i closed my eyes. as my head returned and i opened my eyes, i found myself FACING THE RIGHT WAY AND MY ENGINE WAS RUNNING!!!!!! WTF!!! it takes 2 grown men (or women) to start a kart engine from the grid!!! so i laughed and carried on. i looked back and the guy who hit me was travelling along the track WITH HIS KART ON TOP OF HIM!!!! HAHAHA!!! my kart got a crack which got worse throughout the day (kart is now a write off)

3rd heat i got a good start then got involved in a bit of push and shove and lost a few places, so started to make my way through again. passed some guy and he didnt back off and give up his line, so my rear went over his front and i crashed. looked at his kart at the end of the race and his kart was written off. HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! he did it in the heat before and took someone off so, meh... he deserved it. wasnt my fault anyway.

in the final i almost rolled in a 65mph corner but with a totally knackered kart was only 0.3 secs slower than the winner HAHAHAHA!

Then had a barbeque from a really rich person with massive motorhomes and 10 engines. BRILLIANT!!!!!

so all good fun. and none of it my fault!!

PS AHAHAHAHAHA
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :
1st heat i got bollocked big time for fighting in parc ferme.

fighting isn't cool.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :
WTF!!! it takes 2 grown men (or women) to start a kart engine from the grid!!!

what type of engine do you have? i've got a Parilla ICA 100 engine and i can start it alone, though in a race i'll have one guy push to make sure it fires.

speedfreak227
Say, aryton, are you drunk?

(AHAHAHAHAH!!! :drunk:)
If thats how your races go, im glad you dont race TKM anymore!

I'd be very afraid illepall:Eyecrazy:
seriously i think that i mgith have done a bit of damage to my head. ive got a massive head ache and everything does litterally feel like im drunk. my neck CANES. i think ill take a trip to the docs tommorow.

but like i say, none of it was my fault!
Yeah, better get that checked :ouch:
Damn Senna, I don't know what you race but I'm glad it's not like that over here, with people like you racing.
this is a pic of me (28) and the guy who i had a fight with was number 20
Attached images
DSC00248.JPG
Where were you racing?
whilton mill
Sounds like you need bottomless pockets and a disregard for your own life, to race with you guys!

And I just thought the insane racing in LFS was down to it being a game, where nobody is hurt and hardware isn't damaged.
#12 - wE1l
dude I hope you're ok. is it very difficult to race cleanly in a kart? you sound very good at it of course.
i was clean, it wasnt my fault! it wasnt brilliant that day, 1st heat setup was crap coz i didnt do praccy, 2nd heat i smashed my kart and it wasnt ever the same!!

very good fun tho, i thought i was gunna get some broken bones tho!!
I always thought you had to take part in practice at MSA events to prove you were capable of driving to the clerk of the course.

bah TKM hate them things and got pictures to prove why

Keiran
#15 - wE1l
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :i was clean, it wasnt my fault! it wasnt brilliant that day, 1st heat setup was crap coz i didnt do praccy, 2nd heat i smashed my kart and it wasnt ever the same!!

very good fun tho, i thought i was gunna get some broken bones tho!!

I knew that Senna, you said it was not your fault and I believe in you.

Question is tho, since I haven't raced against others in a kart so I wanted to know if collisions are ubiquitous there.
@kieran, i didnt get a chance to practise because the event started 30 mins before i thought it did lol, so the kart wasnt ready!!!

@we1, collisions always happen LOADS of times per race, some worse than others, i have just learned to accept it, and in a strange way, enjoy it LOL. The starts are violent, any LFS driver would have kittens.

put it this way, if theres a collision ahead and u slow down, the person behind will ram u because they dont want to loose time!!

its really good fun if you think about it in the right way, if u know what i mean.
Starts can be mad at some tracks since it's rolling starts (or for most classes). Lucky for me I've only had one bad smash at a start others have been minor.

Was TKM at Crail and we were heading flat out down to T1 when the guy on my left kept squeezing me, I decided to keep my foot in thinking he'd yield but he didn't. We hit a couple of times and eventually when we reached the braking zone and I started to brake he caught my rear wheel. He hit my hand with something (never been sure what hit my hand), bent the front panel covering the steering column down to my knee and gave my front bumper a new mould

Got a black/orange flag and had to pit to carry out some quick repairs before taking part again. After the race the clerk of the course wouldn't let me carry on for the day unless I went and saw the people at the ambulance to get my hand checked over :/ I only shaked my hand a few times afterwards because of the inital sting but by the end of the race it wasn't that bad. All this health and safety

Senna were you sent to the ambulance people ?

Keiran
nah man, luckily im too stupid to worry about that, i got checked over today and i have a cracked rib, so if i got checked over yesterday i wouldnt have been able to continue the meeting.

2 people rolled in one meeting, after my final i was watching the juniors and a fella went FLYING!!
heres a vid of a tiny bit of all the video, i got in trouble for the 2nd one, but i wasnt looking for the flags, just for the gap. he didnt slow down either, he got in trouble with me.
the next lap the stupid idiot left the gap open AGAIN... almost as bad as some LFS drivers!
Attached files
Overtaking.zip - 1.9 MB - 158 views
Starts are always mad, you always get at least one collision - most of the time only minor. Then you get T2 accidents as well, these are usually minor too. You get accidents all the time, people sliding off, people spinning each other, etc, you get used to it.

@will: any chance you could upload the full video to google or youtube?
Will you let the person back through anyway ... thats kind of stupid that you got into trouble for it.

I remember one meeting when my TKM let go on a stright and sent me spinning around god knows how many times. I ended up facing the wrong way in the center of the track, two karts went either side of me down into the harpin and the guy on the inside passed the guy on the outside while doing so. He nearly lost his pole position for accidently taking the position while avoiding me, shouldn't have gone for the inside according to the clerk of the course ... :/ How are you supposed to know where a kart is going to go while it's still moving :s

Unlucky about the cracked rib that will probaly hurt trying to drive a kart. Looks like a good track from that video.

Keiran
#22 - wE1l
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :heres a vid of a tiny bit of all the video, i got in trouble for the 2nd one, but i wasnt looking for the flags, just for the gap. he didnt slow down either, he got in trouble with me.
the next lap the stupid idiot left the gap open AGAIN... almost as bad as some LFS drivers!

the vid is brilliant, looks like it's tons of fun and not as scary as you described. sorry to hear about the broking rib tho. what's the top speed on that course? do you guys qualify?
the top speed at that track is about 72mph, which feels like quite alot when u are so close and theres so much noise

hang on a sec ill show a vid of the starts

done.. notice how EVERYONE goes to the inside, not like LFS where everyone still keeps the normal racing line.
Attached files
Heat 3 Start.zip - 1.3 MB - 133 views
Heats are the qualifying. You are given a random grid slot which usually works out so you are roughly starting at the front in one, middle in another one and at the back for another heat. Your finishing positions over the 3 heats are added together to give you a score and the lowest score gets pole etc.

Top speed would very much depend on the class. I think Snr TKMs are capable of 60-75mph, but not sure

Keiran

edit// btw I don't think Will describes anything scary towards that video clip it's when you have a kart heading for you and you can't do nothing but watch it hit you it gets a bit scary it's part of the thrill I suppose
#25 - MR_B
I never had a rich daddy to buy me a go-kart, the van/car to take me to a race, or a flash arai crash helmet... But with people that want to get into fights...

I'm glad I'm going into Race car aerodynamics...

My day karting
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG