The online racing simulator
¡Yay México! (It's in Spanish)
(14 posts, started )
Hello kids, since you've been cool starting threads about countries and their embarrasing issues, I'll go ahead and start our own Mexican thread to show you all (and I encourage you to share this as well) how the country I live in is functioning.

Some images are R rated. (The video is in spanish but it has english subtitles.)

The link above tells a story in approximately 7 minutes, it will let you know what is going on in Michoacan, a state controled by drug cartels and violence and that recently has been freed by its own civilian citizens. The bad news are that the federal goverment (if it can be called that) has now turned its attention to the problem and so they began to try to fix it but instead they're making it worse.

The soldiers are killing people (you can see it in the video, the man who was shot was doing nothing but to be where he was at the wrong time in front of the biggest garbage of all), they're taking the guns from the people that is actually doing something for the wellfare of the state.

I live next to Michoacan, and I've driven many times across that state always wishing that I don't come in front of a convoy of gunmen who would be very happy to steal from me or worse, kill me.

It's just sad, but I think people should know.
Don't be sad my friend, I'm sure victory will come.
We used to go to Nuevo Laredo for weekend getaways. I seen a death metal concert there. We'd stay in a very nice hotel and get T-bone Steak and eggs for breakfast. For poor people from Texas, this was great. It was also the SAFEST big city I had ever been in. Not so much anymore. My co-worker is from Guadalajara. He used to be able to drive there from Houston over the Christmas holidays to see his parents. Now he and his brothers have to fly them in.
A good friend of the family used to be a cop in Monterrey. He has to live here now. And there's still no guarantee of his safety here.
In another thread you posted a nice quote from Nietzsche.
Well I got one for you.
"Power comes from the barrel of a gun." - Mao Zedong.

Get rid of your gun laws. It totally works against the security of the people.
But your video sort of proves that. So I guess my quote is a little late too.
Oh yeah, it's better to have them fly instead of driving the whole way through those states, I was going to drive to Austin for F1 and driving through Nuevo León feels like a thrill hehe.

The quote is a little late, but it is very true.

It's odd that we're not allowed to have a gun legally but many many people have guns at their house (We don't have any though), it just needs to be formalized
Quote from Racer Y :"Power comes from the barrel of a gun." - Mao Zedong.

A little surprising to see you lionizing a commie.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :A little surprising to see you lionizing a commie.

Yeah... Weird... But true. Why do you think the first thing he did when he took over was grab everyone else's guns?
I think your country needs international help. Absolutely shocking .
Quote from anttt69 :I think your country needs international help. Absolutely shocking .

No way.
Problem is that the international community thinks every part of Mexico is like that, right now only two states, maybe 4, are like these, we have 31 states in Mexico.
Only small parts of my country are in a "war", yes it's bad, but not everything in Mexico is bad, that's what people from outside don't think and that's why international tourism has decreased; every country has it's problems as Mexico does. I hate that this articles make a bad reputation for my country
Quote from chanoman315 :Problem is that the international community thinks every part of Mexico is like that, right now only two states, maybe 4, are like these, we have 31 states in Mexico.
Only small parts of my country are in a "war", yes it's bad, but not everything in Mexico is bad, that's what people from outside don't think and that's why international tourism has decreased; every country has it's problems as Mexico does. I hate that this articles make a bad reputation for my country

Know what scares me the most in Mexico? No not cartels. We got those ****s here too. No. What's the scary thing in Mexico are the buses. Where do Mexican bus lines get their drivers from? Mental hospitals?
City buses are just as crazy, but I'll admit more efficient than here. Going at those speeds, they can't help but be efficient. Someone I know got nailed by a city bus in Monterrey. He's like partially paralyzed. The car he was in was totally destroyed.
Bus drivers are dicks, can't say anything else about them... Normal drivers are dicks as well, everyone is dumb.

(Looks like I'm fed up, right?)
Quote from Blas89 :Bus drivers are dicks, can't say anything else about them... Normal drivers are dicks as well, everyone is dumb.

(Looks like I'm fed up, right?)

...Normal drivers are dicks as well...

Once we were in Nuevo Laredo. Ever been there? Any ways there was this plaza and everyone parallel parked on the streets surrounding it. These people would put the cars bumper to bumper to bumper to bumper. I don't know how they did that. Well this woman leaves the plaza and gets into her car. the cars parked in front of and behind hers is right up against her car's bumpers. She honks her horn for a couple a minutes. No one shows up to get their car out of the way. Not like they could anyhow seeing that all the cars were right up against each other. So she starts slamming into the cars behind her and in front of her car, back and forth until both cars were mashed in enough so she could pull hers out and leave.
Man, I miss going down there. Until Calderon had to stir up the cartels, that was the safest big city in North America that I've ever been in. Laredo, on the Texas side, was the crappiest of the two cities. Now ... no Laredo is still a crappy city .

Yeah. We've got the cartels here as well. They are slowly making inroads and I have seen their expansion. And it is pretty impressive to a degree. Only the crap they pull down there don't fly too good here. When they say, "plato o plomo" here, we answer back with a silver bullet and then take their silver. Most of them are just half-wit nacos with a gun. Once they run out of bullets, they're still just a half-wit naco. And Lord help them if they get put into our prison system. We have plenty of well established fraternities in those places that will be more than happy to point out to them that they are just that.
But the stupid drug war my government just had to create and your government's willing participation helped to put these walking birth defects to where they've gotten to now. From Salinas on up the drug war for them has been ARRRIIIBBBAAA! $$$$$ GRINGO CASH GRAB BAG $$$$$.
And what has this stupid drug war actually accomplished besides making ZETA a house hold name?
On a positive note, while the cartels are now growing weed and cooking meth on THIS side, thanks to Colorado and Washington state, the price of hydro has dropped into range where it can compete with the Mexican weed.
I predict this price drop to increase even more so once those two states get fully in gear. LOL that means we American Stoners will no longer be dealing with Mexican cartels. We'll be too busy trying to score from the Vietnamese gangsters instead.
And the Cartels are left with only the meth addicts to do business with. American speed freaks that live in double-wides are the most dangerous people on Earth.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG