The online racing simulator
Best GFX Card for £60/70
(46 posts, started )
Best GFX Card for £60/70
I got a GTX 650 ti boost just over that price range. Don't think there's anything proper for under the $100 mark. Try a bit higher so you won't need to upgrade in the future.

Frankly I bought a GT 6 something to replace an old GT 240, and it was worse...

Still have the GT240, and it runs LFS brilliantly and even handles iracing tbh. Not sure how much shipping to UK would be, if you wanted it cheap. Let me know.
Oddly enough i was looking at an Sparkle GeForce GTX650Ti Boost on eBay, Manufacturer Refurb
Quote from djgizmo68 :Oddly enough i was looking at an Sparkle GeForce GTX650Ti Boost on eBay, Manufacturer Refurb

it can handle iracing near max graphics. Think I have the 2gb though.
Quote from Bmxtwins :it can handle iracing near max graphics. Think I have the 2gb though.

So it can handle NR2003?

Not a massive achievement.
Dawes, it also handles ac pretty comfortable from what i can see
I'm GTX650Ti here! So good!

Fixed: GTX650Ti = GTX295 (Dx10) = GTX560 > GTX470 > GTX640 = GTS450 > GTX275.

GTX650ti price is 115€-124€, 90£-95£, 500pln.

Budget now upped to £140.

Currently looking at a "2GB MSI GTX 660 GAMING, Twin Frozr IV"

Unless anyone knows of anything better for the same price? (Still dont want AMD)
i NEARLY just bought that card, But it requires 2 x 6pin PCI-e Power connectors. My PSU Only has 1... Cant afford a PSU Upgrade aswell!
Giz, what sites have you been looking at? a 7 series card might be a better bet (if you can afford it). My GTX 760 (which I'm sure is above your budget) is quite amazing, and only required 1 6 pin power connector.
Asus GTX 660 DirectCU only needs one power cable aswell.
Well that card seemed to be best bang for book (Me being a Newb is just looking at which has got the highest specs)

Looking on any UK Site. Overclockers, CCL Computers, Ebuyer, Ebay etc.
Quote from djgizmo68 :(Me being a Newb is just looking at which has got the highest specs)

If you mean looking at just the clock speed and memory capacity, please excuse me for a sec.

<facepalm>

Generally, video cards with the same GPU perform about the same.

Given equal GPU's, your only major choices are between one or two memory capacities and a stock or custom cooler. More memory can help with higher resolutions, but only to a point. A custom cooler may be quieter than a stock one and/or perform better. Your final minor choice depends on the level of factory overclock to the GPU and memory clock rates, which can offer a minor boost in performance.

Also, please refer to this, an updated version of the article I posted earlier:
http://anandtech.com/show/7703 ... buyers-guide-january-2014
Was looking more at the Memory Frequency, Current one is 1200mhz, Onces im looking at are hovering around 6000mhz.

looking for DDR5 Ram, 2GB, Core Clock around 1ghz, Memory around 6000mhz

My Current HD5770. 1ghz, Core clock is around 960mhz, 1gb DDR5 Ram, Memory @ 1200mhz/

Bought 2nd hand and i think its been damaged by overclocking by the previous owners (Slightest OC results in the BSOD) and i get flashing artifacts on the screen (even when browsing)
You can't really compare anything anymore by clock speed (unless they're the exact same processor).
Guess thats where im going wrong then!

Thats why i enlisted the help of the LFS Community!
Quote from djgizmo68 :Gigabyte one only requires 1 x pci-e connector.

What gave you that impression?

Only differences are:
- Gigabyte is a better-known brand and may have a better cooler
- the Inno3D card is clocked higher

EDIT: Oh, I see you, mean one PCIe power connector. GTX660's TDP is only 140W. The PCIe slot itself supplies 75W, and each 6-pin connector supplies another 75W. I suppose it's possible the Inno3D requires two plugged in due to the higher overclock, but it may be able to get by with just one. Alternatively, there are adapters to take your 4-pin peripheral connectors and turn them into PCIe connectors.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb ... express%20power%20adapter
Cant afford a PSU Upgrade (Unless i compensate for a Cheaper Card - But that makes no sense)
Where did I say you need a PSU upgrade?
What im saying is. Is the Inno3D One worth it over the Gigabyte one?

Best GFX Card for £60/70
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG