The online racing simulator
GT World Series 2014: Round 4 Broadcast (Now on YouTube)

Round 4 of the 2014 GT World Series, the 12 Hours of Aston Grand Touring.

After a rather clean race last round at South City, ending with a chaotic GT2 finish set up by a late-race Safety Car, the GT World Series heads to the longest track on its calendar, the 8.002 kilometer log Aston Grand Touring circuit. Conquest Racing took the win in GT1 last time out after vortex.eu was penalized due to a technical infringement, and Iron Club took the win by less than a car length after the dominant Team Vires car rolled with 4 minutes remaining in the race after an attempt to overtake a slower GT1 car failed.

Unlike the previous two rounds, Aston is all about speed on its long, wide straights, but also a compromise in setup for the fast, sweeping corners in the north section of the circuit. Teams will generally run a mid- to low-downforce setup for speed on the long straights that dominate this circuit. The first sector has three slow-speed corners which bring mechanical grip into play, but almost all of the other corners are aero-dependant.

Defending GT1 champions ineX Racing make a return, and take pole doing so. Nitor Velox start alongside, and championship contenders Genuine Racing and Conquest Racing make up the second Row. New team Rest of the World take pole in GT2, and the GT2 championship contenders start in the top half of the 19-car GT2 field.

Inter-Class lapping should be fairly easy, with the GT1 cars able to use their speed advantage on the long straights to easily overtake the slower GT2 class, but care will still be needed in the slower corners where the cars are equally matched.

The 12 Hours of Aston will see half-points awarded to the running order after 6 hours elapse, then again as normal, full points at race finish, effectively making this a 1.5x points round. The method of awarding the points will encourage consistent running, and favor those who run up top all race.

ineX Racing Manager Isaac Price says, "Looking forward to the race, happy to be on pole after a fairly long absence from endurance racing. Hoping to be able to have a good race and fight for the win in GT1 against the best drivers in LFS despite the long absence from driving LFS for Mathias Wentjärvi and Simon Cattell and to generally just see how we compare to the best LFS has to offer and savour the return to multiclass endurance racing."

Rewatch all the action on NDR's YouTube Channel! Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8

12 Hours of Aston Spotter's Guide by Bean0
GTWS Tracker
GTWS Server on LFSRemote
GTWS Forum
#2 - Sobis
Yes! Thank you for spotter's guide, Bean0!
Good Morning. Less then 1 hour 30 minutes 'til the start of the race. Hope to have you with us on this simrace.tv endurance day (parallel there are the 24 hours of Bathurst and 4 hours from the Nordschleife, both in rFactor)
Hopefully I can do everything before the stream starts, as I just woke up. :dopey:

It shows 13:00 on the bloody computer clock yet the stream isn't bloody working!
stream starts in 1 minute - sorry for the 2 minutes we're behind the schedule
Is it me or stream is not live 3 mins before start?

Edit: Ah nevermind
Quote from TFalke55 :stream starts in 1 minute - sorry for the 2 minutes we're behind the schedule

2 minutes... Thats not so late as i thought but still its a miniscule time late.

Edit: 10 minutes... is there a streaming issue? I get a "stream finished" screen.
Well I guess we're gonna be missing the start since they are on the pace lap already. Great.
Crap. We need someone to fix the bloody stream!
Quote from bogdani.cojocaru :Well I guess we're gonna be missing the start since they are on the pace lap already. Great.

Stream is delayed by a few mins so the info from the lfsremote stuff will be off-set by the stream.
We do have a problem with the stream... actually we're shown the message that we're streaming BUT the stream does not appear on the video platform for reasons we don't understand yet - so we actually do our best in the background...
Good luck NDR getting that bloody stream fixed!
I'm out.
Quote from bogdani.cojocaru :You may have misspelled half hour.

When I first joined that bloody stream it wasn't half-an-hour. It was about a quarter of an hour!
We are doing commentary as if we're live; parts will be uploaded to youtube as soon as possible after we cut them.
Quote from dekojester :We are doing commentary as if we're live; parts will be uploaded to youtube as soon as possible after we cut them.

"LIVE" We need a bloody live stream! Fix asap.
We'd fix it if we knew what the problem is. We have not found a way to contact the manager of simrace.tv. Everyone else scheduled on simrace.tv seems to be undergoing the same issue; we're trying to reach the simrace.tv guy.
Quote from dekojester :We'd fix it if we knew what the problem is. We have not found a way to contact the manager of simrace.tv. Everyone else scheduled on simrace.tv seems to be undergoing the same issue; we're trying to reach the simrace.tv guy.

Good luck with that deko. Imma get myself a drink during the bloody stream drama happening right now.
12hr is a long time, hopefully it will be fixed later on
Finally stream started.
-
(TFalke55) DELETED by TFalke55 : problem solved
Thanks for fixing stream, but please dear commentators, don't scream at your viewers, it is bloody awful...
Quote from TypeRacing :Thanks for fixing stream

we didn't do a thing to be honest - that's why we were so surprised
Omw @ #96 having clutch burned

inb4 SC

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG