The online racing simulator
LFS Oculus Rift review video
(67 posts, started )
rift dk2 implementation is great for LFS & the rift
also great for the developer(s)

I know about 6 people who are buying LFS when their rifts arrive
( as I did)

actually impressed with LFS in general & the speedy dk2 implementation was a totally great move

thanks to the dev(s)
And I garantuee that you will love it ! :-)

LFS with the Dk2 is just a different experience. Made a small Video today. Race start and one lap in Aston with a heavy driving error just before the end ;-) I am not the best Driver :-))))

http://youtu.be/tk1NztKIt7o?list=UUTRoLLEwoD-c_mbPjMNCYIg
That video actually does great justice. Really smooth compared to other people's head movements, plus showing both lens allows us to see how they are slightly offset.

And it's actually quite fun to watch cross eyed.
nice vid thanks

I'm getting great results too

but how do we get the visual on the monitor as well ??

I tried and it worked in clone mode but it messed up when I switched back
in extended everything worlds great, but no LFS image on monitor

????
Clone mode doesn't really work on the DK2, because of the orientation issue. You can't select a compatible resolution, because cloning can't deal with a rotated display.

Quote from Oculus_Developer_Guide :
B.4.3 Observing Rift output on a monitor

Sometimes it’s desirable to be able to see the same video output on the Rift and on an external monitor. This
can be particularly useful when demonstrating the device to a new user, or during application development.
One way to achieve this is through the use of duplicate monitor mode as described above, however we don’t
currently recommend this approach due to the vertical sync priority issue. An alternative approach is through
the use of a DVI or HDMI splitter. These take the video signal coming from the display adapter and duplicate
it such that it can be fed to two or more display devices simultaneously. Unfortunately this can also cause
problems depending on how the EDID data is managed. Specifically, with several display devices connected
to a splitter, which EDID information should be reported back to the graphics adapter? Low cost HDMI
splitters have been found to exhibit unpredictable behavior. Typically they pass on EDID information from
one of the attached devices, but exactly how the choice is determined is often unknown. Higher cost devices
may have explicit schemes (for example they report the EDID from the display plugged into output port one),
but these can cost more than the Rift itself! Generally, the use of third party splitters and video switching
boxes means that Rift EDID data may not be reliably reported to the OS, and therefore libovr will not be able
to identify the Rift.

My youngest son tested yesterday and was leaving the seat without taking the rift off :-)
He felt like getting out of a car.

So , I had an idea and did the opposite.
Starting in the pit, looking around (outside the car), taking a seat and then qualification and race.

Only a few minutes, hope you like it ;-)

http://youtu.be/npvQkmQy9dE

Regards
Sven
nice vid -how did you record the video ?

you managed clone mode?

(I can't display the rift feed on my monitor without everything screwing up)
Hi, thanks.
I am recording with MSI Afterburner and only the Rift View is recorded.

Unfortunatly the clone mod isnt working, meaning for others it is quite boring to watch :-(

regards
Sven
You should be able to clone the Rift display with OBS in to another monitor, but it will come with a performance cost.
thanks,I see now, you select which screen for it to record -it's not displaying on your monitor

thanks
Hello Adrian,
yes, correct, but MSI Afterburner does it automatically. I didnt had to choose the screen to record.
Quote from MandulAA :5th GamerMuscle LFS video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpKuGGvWI_o

Loved his enthusiasm that he's shown in all his videos!

Left a comment asking if he could do a video for either South City or Fern Bay, as they might look better to him in 3D than Blackwood, and would be nice to hear what he thought of these.

LFS Oculus Rift review video
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG