The online racing simulator
GT World Series 2014: Round 3 Administrator's Notebook
Didn't see much need to write one following Round 2, as it was well behaved. Some more issues have popped up during Round 3, so you get another Notebook.

Multiclass Lapping

South City is obviously notoriously hard to overtake at, even when all the cars are even in pace. It still needs to be remembered that all cars must be willing to give and take equally to avoid collision while lapping. The last two rounds of the season are at considerably more open tracks, so here's hoping things go easier at Aston and Kyoto.

Slow GT1s / Slow Anyone / 103% Rule

The tracker being down during the race did not help us in being able to quickly ascertain what the pace issues were with any cars. However, the only real thing we'd do is request the GT1 car to change to another driver who we know can run consistently fast. A GT1 will rarely, if ever be given a blue flag because of being as fast as the top few GT2s. I probably won't put a specific percentage time limit on during a race in the rules, but will always reserve the right to park / swap out drivers who can't mantain a reasonable minimum pace.

GT1/GT2 Grid Sizes

It's bordering pathetic that almost 2/3rds of our field are GT2. This is the GT World Series, not the GT2 with a pinch of GT1 World Series. I really do want to see some take a risk if they think they can to field a GT1 car instead of a GT2 car. The more competition we can have to get into a class, the better off the quality of the field should be. I encourage some of you to look at going to GT1 for the remainder of the season if you think you are ready for that challenge.

One-Off Entrants / Participation

It is very disappointing that the first two rounds were won in GT1 by teams we've not seen again. Fortunately, they're not at the top of the GT1 points table, but this team-hopping business is getting ridiculous, and should probably taper. The current LFS environment really isn't conducive to the old IGTC-style rule of having to be in the team you're racing for, and would probably need some tweaks to deal with team-hoppers, but on the other hand, teams need to be active to be well and participate.

Sometime between Christmas and the New Year I'll update the rules books as necessary to try to define policy related to these topics as well as other items. Your thoughts on what could be updated are welcome here.
Why not force all newly registered teams that havent raced a round yet to race GT1 by mandatory. For example, Rest of the World.

Just cap the GT2 signups for now.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Why not force all newly registered teams that havent raced a round yet to race GT1 by mandatory. For example, Rest of the World.

Just cap the GT2 signups for now.

Depend who are the drivers of that teams. If there are newbies that is better they start with GT2 to gain experience and prevent situation where top gt2 are faster than slow gt1.

In the end experienced drivers shouldn't be allowed in gt2. That should actually be like an AM class where line up should include only "AM" drivers and max one "PRO". (i know vires is having an all pro line up but we were supposed to have also a strong gt1 line up)
Quote from MoMo92i :In the end experienced drivers shouldn't be allowed in gt2. That should actually be like an AM class where line up should include only "AM" drivers and max one "PRO".

Either cap GT2 or limit the amount of cars in GT2 that a team can have, I mean LLM, Vires and WCL to mind all have 3 GT2 entries.
Quote from BlueFlame :Either cap GT2 or limit the amount of cars in GT2 that a team can have, I mean LLM, Vires and WCL to mind all have 3 GT2 entries.

that will just make the gt2 field smaller, but will not make the gt1 field bigger. Since our gt2 cars have drivers who can't drive gt1. They are all not experienced enough for gt1, and unlike some gt1 cars, we start off in gt2 to build up experience.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :that will just make the gt2 field smaller, but will not make the gt1 field bigger. Since our gt2 cars have drivers who can't drive gt1. They are all not experienced enough for gt1, and unlike some gt1 cars, we start off in gt2 to build up experience.

Well it's not directed at LLM specifically but the fact is theres at least 2 teams there fielding 3 GT2 cars.
Technically we have 4 GT2s
Quote from BlueFlame :Well it's not directed at LLM specifically but the fact is theres at least 2 teams there fielding 3 GT2 cars.

Sure, no worries, we'll pull two of our cars and along with LLM halve the GT2 grid size.
Quote from vipex123 :Sure, no worries, we'll pull two of our cars and along with LLM halve the GT2 grid size.

Well like I said. There's FACT. 3 cars for at least two teams in GT2. You can get butthurt about my open minded suggestion if you wish but you can't ignore facts.

Although on a side note GT1 is, or was [before IMOL was banned] at least, more competitive in-terms of outright speed with the aliens involved in GT1.

GT2 [to me] just seems like an easy option for some who didn't want to battle IMOL and Dennis.

:twocents:
*Calls LLM's and Vires' name in first post*
*Assumes that the statement is not aimed at LLM*

Logic is far off from any of your posts dude. Also, I don't think people didn't want to enter GT1 just because of 2 drivers. Then nobody would actually race in any of the leagues, just because they can't win for 100% of the chance. Anyways, I might've missunderstood your posts, because your innovative English language authorizes you to call team names without being specific or say impossible on something and mean difficult.
mister copper, that is not called butt hurt, he just gave why it would not work. As I said before, we went to gt2, because not all the drivers in the 52 at least has drivers with almost no gtws experience.
#13 - CSF
Quote from BlueFlame :Well like I said. There's FACT. 3 cars for at least two teams in GT2. You can get butthurt about my open minded suggestion if you wish but you can't ignore facts.

Although on a side note GT1 is, or was [before IMOL was banned] at least, more competitive in-terms of outright speed with the aliens involved in GT1.

GT2 [to me] just seems like an easy option for some who didn't want to battle IMOL and Dennis.

:twocents:

Why don't you try Gt2 then?
In defense of LLM, vires, wcl
All of our teams were entered when there were still 15 gt1's and out gt1 is still racing
Quote from CSF :Why don't you try Gt2 then?

Because I want to battle the fastest drivers in the fastest cars.

To me GT2, just like driving XRR it's just like ezmode. Sure enough I respect anyones taste to drive whatever they want, but to me everything else other than GT1 FZR is just too easy to drive.

Lets not go off topic though which I'm guilty of more than anyone. The fact remains that theres two teams in GT2 with 3 cars and not even two cars for one team in GT1.
Quote from CSF :Why don't you try Gt2 then?

Because he would get lapped too many times
Quote from Mustangman759 :Because he would get lapped too many times

Look at my average lap from the last round. bear in mind there was a lengthy safety car period. Yea. Then sit down and shut up.
Quote from BlueFlame :but to me everything else other than GT1 FZR is just too easy to drive.

why don't you own all of the WR's except FZ1's then?
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :why don't you own all of the WR's except FZ1's then?

Because I'm not good enough or dedicated enough for ultimate 1 lap pace.

I won't drive any other GTR car. That's just who I am and my style.

I can set WR splits here and there but hotlapping doesn't appeal to me. I just know I'm faster in an XR than I am in FZ.

But I don't care that others are faster than me driving their XR's, I have fun in my FZ with it's superior traction and braking.
Quote from BlueFlame :Because I'm not good enough or dedicated enough for ultimate 1 lap pace.

That's like saying oh you like the band the Rolling Stones, WHY DON'T YOU HAVE EVERY SINGLE ALBUM OF THEIRS AND POSTERS ALL OVER YOUR WALLS!?

I won't drive any other GTR car. That's just who I am and my style.

I can set WR splits here and there but hotlapping doesn't appeal to me. I just know I'm faster in an XR than I am in FZ.

That doesnt make the xrr easier to drive than the fzr. It's just your preference.
Mastering how to use a turbo is a different skill than an fzr's engine
-
(BlueFlame) DELETED by BlueFlame
Quote from BlueFlame :Because I'm not good enough or dedicated enough for ultimate 1 lap pace.

but if it's so easy for you then it shouldn't take too much effort from you, should it?
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :but if it's so easy for you then it shouldn't take too much effort from you, should it?

I feel taking a piss is easy, doesn't make me a world champion at it though does it?
don't be so sure about that, you look like the best pisstaker in this forum

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG