The online racing simulator
Fern Bay Rallye Stage
(44 posts, started )
Pff, aliens
First time I've been called an alien :throwrose:alien2:
Just need to transform this speed to racing/track speed.....
Was doing my first layout, when the text pop uped and said "too many objects" .. lol .. Had to clear all, very funny ..:boing: :bigeyes2:
Wheeeeee

E: and it still has potential for ~2 seconds improvement. In this run I was slower in the first two sectors than I had managed before (3:02.xx on second sector, compared to the 3:03.xx I did here) and then I also screwed up on the doulbe hairpin, costing me half to a full second again.

I really wished the knobbly tyres were faster here, but you simply lose too much time on the few tarmac sections :/
Attached files
RallyeAXPv2 449150.spr - 122.1 KB - 254 views

Had once 3.03.33 from 1.39.42 first split so at least 2s is possible to drive faster and this lap has so much contact to walls and stuff that prolly lost second after all because of them, maybe 3s faster is possible?
Attached files
rallye44881.spr - 99.1 KB - 275 views
Yup, I managed a 1:38.3x once with the 3:02.xx following.

But geeez, driving one successful stage is much more demanding, both physically and mentally, then a typical 10 lap race. Atleast for me

Even though most of the speed is up to the driver, how does your setup look like? My suspension is generally pretty soft with a 43% torque split and double clutch pack LSDs at 80/15, combined with a viscous at 20Nm. The hybrids are around 170kPa. Actually I have no idea how a good rallye setup looks like, I never bothered messing with them in RBR, other than making the gears longer for some stages.
Here's the set

I would say you need to lower that 20Nm quite a lot to make your car turn better

Agreed, one mistake and you lose sooo much time that no need to continue that lap anymore

You're same than me then, with RBR I never changed anything else than steering lock to max Default set felt good enough
Attached files
RB4 GT_RACc.set - 132 B - 983 views
Thanks for the set. I just went to the BHM - RBR forums and read a bit about setups, and just now I start to understand the use of the central diff
Meh, screwed up this one too, could've easily been 4:46 :/

I made some heavy changes to my setup and it's much much easier and more controllable to drive.
Attached files
RallyeAXPv2 447700.spr - 119.8 KB - 260 views
Enough for tonight, managed 1.37.15 first split but crashed it

Btw damn hard with mouse I'm too afraid to use my old broken momo for this kinda moving so have to drive with mouse
Momo have to serve me still until G25 comes
Attached files
rallye44775.spr - 98.6 KB - 232 views
That is a good track. I like that alot.
Quote from (FIN)Eza :Btw damn hard with mouse I'm too afraid to use my old broken momo for this kinda moving so have to drive with mouse
Momo have to serve me still until G25 comes

Ohh, you drive with a mouse? Atleast that spares you the arm-aches following a heavy session. I wonder how people with the DFP in 900° mode would cope? Flailing arms everywhere, I suppose.
Quote from AndroidXP :Ohh, you drive with a mouse? Atleast that spares you the arm-aches following a heavy session. I wonder how people with the DFP in 900° mode would cope? Flailing arms everywhere, I suppose.

Yup, 4.53.30 was made with momo and as you can see, driving is LOADS of cleaner but then got lazy and mouse it is

Can't even imagine with 900 mode
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
#42 - Vain
Less driving, more stage-making!

Vain
#43 - uiop
got 6.23.01, the poorest lap time on this layout
5:05.27
I think if i cut some hairpins that will give me 1 sec or 2.
still under 5 mins is waiting for score for me.

But really after racing on wide track im amazed how can lfs be so precise...

...so look at my stage in separate thread
Attached files
Androids FE4R Rally 50527.spr - 74.8 KB - 256 views

Fern Bay Rallye Stage
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG