The online racing simulator
The Racing Music Thread!
(47 posts, started )
#1 - richy
The Racing Music Thread!
Ok, im not sure how many of you play music while racing, i do, so i thought i would open a thread about it. heres what you have to do, its quite hard to think about them all especially if you have lots of music to choose its difficult ... doesnt have to be any particular type of music!

My top 10 singles that I love to race / drive to:-

1) The Ramones - Blitzkreig bop
2) Be your own pet - Damn damn leash
3) Sublime - Burritos
4) The Rakes - Terror
5) The Stooges - No Fun
6) The Kinks - All day and all of the night
7) The Kinks - You really got me
8) Tom Vek - Nothing but green lights
9) Bob Dylan - Hurricane
0) Radiohead - High and dry

My top 5 albums that I love to race / drive to:-

1) Jimi Hendrix - The Ultimate Experience
2) The Shins - Chutes too narrow
3) System of a down - Toxicity
4) Led Zeppelin - Houses of the holy
5) Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

.... wow that was really hard to choose, and i still havent got all i love in there.

Have a try!
i have a playlist has 79 songs in it of the stuff i like best, and yeh just shove that on when im driving, it has disturbed, trapt and linkin park mostly
#3 - Lible
I don't listen to any music in LFS. Haven't heard about a radio in a racing car.
Italian lessions. :P

No, I don't listen to music while driving. I either listen to music or I drive, not both.
Quote from Darkone55 :Italian lessions. :P

Do you allso sleep upside down, and does your breath smell like magnesium?
#6 - shim
Quote from Lible :I don't listen to any music in LFS. Haven't heard about a radio in a racing car.

one of the racing drivers here has a sterio in his V8 car, and he listens to music while driving.. saw a onboard cam in his car and saw him singing along to music..

cant remember who it is tho
My top 3:

1) FOX engine
2) XFR engine
3) UF1 engine

#8 - richy
we do have road cars in LFS, plus there is a stereo graphic i find music motivates my driving. if you dont listen to music no need to respond spoil sports
#9 - Thill
Quote from zeugnimod :My top 3:

1) FOX engine
2) XFR engine
3) UF1 engine

lol nice one I am used to driving with a pilot in rl so its hard to listen to music when trying to concentrate on him and the road :P So i guess thats why i dont listen to music in lfs.

BTW wee I got my license
Paul Oakenfold - Ready Steady Go
Metallica - Fuel
I remember that fuel song. It was the song used in the intro on Hot Wheels: Turbo Racing for PS One. Ah the good ol days of me being 8.

Anyway I downloaded song converter or something and I can covert WMA files to OGG files. So They come on randomly whilst i drive. I have:
Feeder-Just a day
Hard fi-Living for the weekend
and my ultimate fave
Overseer-Supermoves (awesome driving song.
I might put some Muse in there later though.
Fear Factory - Cars
Rush - Red Barchetta
The Prodigy - Speedway, Full Throttle
Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane
Megadeth - High Speed Dirt
GZR - Drive boy, shooting
Therapy? gets my juices going, but I don't like distractions during racing so no music when the lights go green.
A random few I listen to while driving:

3 Doors Down - Ticket To Heaven
3 Doors Down - Dangerous Game
Coldplay - Speed Of Sound
Kaiser Chiefs - I predict a riot
The Killers - Mr Brightside
Stereophonics - Pick a part thats new
Goldfinger - 99 Red Balloons
Goo Goo Dolls - Slide
Puff Daddy - Come with me
The Lost Boys - Ain't Nothing Gonna Stop Us Now
Prodigy - Breathe
Kutless - Your Touch
Rammstein - Adios

All depends on the mood really. On single seaters I'm too focused to have music on, but with road cars I feel more relaxed with some on.
months ago i tried sometimes with back in black of ac/dc very cute, but i discourage music in lfs because music will excite you and make you belive you can rush into someone else's line at full speed and thatyour tires will stand a 10g lataral force...once you will be into the other poor guy/gal line it's too late when you realize that exciting music can make your tires stand 10g of lateral force...but unfortunately it does nothing against make you roll out the corner taking the other guy/gal with you...

remeber guys: music affect only tire grip not all the phisic variables
Quote from Honey :months ago i tried sometimes with back in black of ac/dc very cute, but i discourage music in lfs because music will excite you and make you belive you can rush into someone else's line at full speed and thatyour tires will stand a 10g lataral force...once you will be into the other poor guy/gal line it's too late when you realize that exciting music can make your tires stand 10g of lateral force...but unfortunately it does nothing against make you roll out the corner taking the other guy/gal with you...

remeber guys: music affect only tire grip not all the phisic variables

i can play back on black on the guitar (not while im racing tho ) what a cool tune that is, should of had it on my list.
Quote from richy :Ok, im not sure how many of you play music while racing, i do, so i thought i would open a thread about it.

I have an acoustic guitar, and I'm not very good at it. But I find it really hard to play while I'm racing. Perhaps it would be much easier with an electric guitar as I've seen folks play strictly with the fretboard hand without plucking the strings. Then I could use one hand to play and one hand on the steering wheel to drive.

Perhaps I should dig out the kids little keyboard. It's small enough to put beside the wheel on the desk and could play that while I'm racing.
I dont listen to any music because I always forget to open winamp, when I remind myself while playing LFS I dont feel like listening anymore. If I wouldnt forget, I would listen to Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Boney M, Man without Hats and some other single songs.
Dimmu Borgir - Kings Of The Carnival Creation,
Power race - Mastery
Hourglass - Lamb Of God

And much more...much much more.
#20 - SamH
I do enjoy listening to music while I'm cranking out the laps. The volume's usually lower than the engine, but it's there and I can headbang to it.
  1. AC/DC - Thunderstruck
  2. Aerosmith - Dude Looks Like a Lady
  3. Aerosmith - Pink
  4. Lynrd Skynrd - Freebird
  5. Def Leppard - Let's Get Rocked
  6. Green Day - American Idiot
  7. Incubus - Pardon Me
  8. Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl
  9. Joni Mitchell - Paved Paradise
  10. Kinks - Lola
  11. Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
  12. Ram Jam - Black Betty
  13. Stiltskin - Inside
  14. The Who - My Generation
  15. The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
  16. Lenny Kravitz - American Woman
  17. Guns 'N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle
  18. Extreme - Get The Funk Out
  19. Sweet - Ballroom Blitz
  20. Led Zeppelin - Dazed & Confused
That's my top 20. There's a whole bunch of others, of course, but these are the ones that typically are playing when I get down to some seriously competitive driving.
good playlist there sam, ballroom blitz. what a classic!
no particular order, LTJ Bukem , Goldfrapp, Cooper Temple Clause, DJ shadow, Depeche Mode, Rage against the machine,Adam Freeland, Black Rob , The Cure, Plump DJ`s, Lamb , Photek, Josh Wink, George Michel, Foo Fighters and many many more.

Favourtie racing tracks From some of those Listed above

LTJ Bukem - Daemons Theme
Goldfrapp - Let it take you/koko
Cooper Temple Clause - Panzer Attack/Lets Kill Music
DJ Shadow - GDMFSOB
Depeche Mode - Its no good
Black Rob - Like Woah
Rage Against Machine - Bomb Track
Adam Freeland - Nowism
The Cure -Accuracy/ The Forest (all mixed up)
Lamb - Angelica
Josh Wink - Sweat/boombox
Foo Fighters - Hero/good greif
Quote from Michel 4AGE :Metallica - Fuel

Good call

The Four Horsemen does it too
Yes Four horsemen is great .

Cant beat a bit of ACDC for burning rubber though

and then there is Manowar
Quote from Darkone55 :Italian lessions. :P

No, I don't listen to music while driving. I either listen to music or I drive, not both.

Oh you stig, you!!!

The Racing Music Thread!
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG