The online racing simulator
María de Villota found dead
(45 posts, started )
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Becky that's only because your feather and have the experience

I just found a seventh LFS Kart Meet trophy hiding behind another one...

I'm not light, I'm not even fit anymore. I'm a middle aged former junkie who drinks, smokes too much and never exercises. I've put on a bit of weight since we met too.

But my point is, whatever advantage you perceive me to have - I am simply supplying proof against the point that women can't race by highlighting that out of the races held amongst members of this very forum - it's a woman who's won the most trophies.
Quote from Becky Rose :...

I'm not light, I'm not even fit anymore. I'm a middle aged former junkie who drinks, smokes too much and never exercises. I've put on a bit of weight since we met too.

You make that sound like its a BAD thing.
Too bad you're a sexually disoriented left-winger and I'm a hypocritical right winger that's married and a few thousand miles away. We'd a made a great couple!
Women in Racing.......
Hmmm... you know there are quite a few women race car drivers. And they do pretty good for themselves. Especially drag racing. My theory as to why this is so, may be to weight. A woman with the same driving abilities as a man generally weighs less. I dunno. There might be other factors as well, but I'm not a research scientist. ...
you know, it's really hard to comment on this as I'm trying to type and entertain my grand daughter at the same time.

Here. I'll let her comment on this:
cvvcvbbvbv b b
Words to live by.
Quote from Becky Rose :I am simply supplying proof against the point that women can't race by highlighting that out of the races held amongst members of this very forum - it's a woman who's won the most trophies.

I don't mean to be indelicate, but isn't your physiology that of a man? If so, then your argument is disingenuous...
Quote from amp88 :i don't mean to be indelicate, but isn't your physiology that of a man? If so, then your argument is disingenuous...

hahahahahhahahaha
I really meant my post above as a serious point. I wasn't trying to make a joke.
Quote from amp88 :I really meant my post above as a serious point. I wasn't trying to make a joke.

Maybe that's what's funny.
Women have legs, arms and eyes so of course they can race.

However, my mind is always drawn back to the 1992 F1 Season Review video, which when introducing the drivers showed a clip of Giovanna Amati touching up her lipstick in the cockpit. Of course, that probably says more about the editor of the review although to be fair they didn't get much footage of her driving that year.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :although to be fair they didn't get much footage of her driving that year.

There wasn't any. She failed to qualify consistently.
Quote from BlueFlame :There wasn't any. She failed to qualify consistently.

So they don't drive during practice or qualifying? Mug.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :So they don't drive during practice or qualifying? Mug.

In those days they didn't televise practice sessions and they rarely televised pre-qual.
They were still filmed though, even if it was never broadcast.
Quote from tristancliffe :They were still filmed though, even if it was never broadcast.

Wasn't filmed either. That's my point. In those days you only got shown on tv or even followed by cameras if you were good.
Except that during practice and pre-qualifying, the cameras filmed what was coming. Much like in the races - the cameras are filming even when it isn't being shown, which is why replays exist. There exists footage of Amati driving taken from track side cameras in both practice and pre-qual.
Quote from tristancliffe : Much like in the races - the cameras are filming even when it isn't being shown, which is why replays exist.

Well of course but to an extent it's not filming in a permanent sense if you have no intention of showing it.

In those days they wouldn't bother showing the drivers at the back. There's almost no footage of LIFE car, or the Coloni flat-12 subaru for instance. They just didn't care about it.

Even for the races where they qualified they'd much rather show Mansell or Senna at the front than Oscar Larauri dithering at the back in a euro brun. Even if he'd had a massive crash.

I mean the footage they have of Ratzenberger is dire compared with the Gilles Villeneuve footage for instance. Two drivers in qualifying, but one in a Ferrari and one not.
Thats the same now, skewed because there are simply more cameras (by about 20 times) at events than there were. But there isn't much footage shown of Caterhams in comparison to Red Bulls or Benettons.

And it's still filming even if it wasn't broadcast on TV at the time or uploaded to YouTube 20 years later.
Quote from tristancliffe :Thats the same now, skewed because there are simply more cameras (by about 20 times) at events than there were. But there isn't much footage shown of Caterhams in comparison to Red Bulls or Benettons.

And it's still filming even if it wasn't broadcast on TV at the time or uploaded to YouTube 20 years later.

Well my point is Villeneuve when he crashed in Qualifying in 82 was deliberately filmed where as Ratzenberger some 12 years on was barely even caught on camera seemingly by accident. It was some shitty cctv camera that by luck, captured SOME of the tragedy.

Now-a-days if action surrounds a car it gets televised and that's great but in those days they barely gave a shit unless you drove a Ferrari or your name was Gehard Berger.
Quote from BlueFlame :where as Ratzenberger some 12 years on was barely even caught on camera seemingly by accident. It was some shitty cctv camera that by luck, captured SOME of the tragedy.

The entire Ratzenberger accident (i.e. from the car leaving the track to the track workers arriving at the car) was captured and shown during the broadcast from the normal trackside camera at the Tosa hairpin. When it actually happened live only the 'end' of the accident was shown (i.e. after the car had hit the wall and before it came to rest), but the full accident was replayed seconds afterwards. The full extrication was shown live from a helicopter overhead.
Quote from amp88 :The entire Ratzenberger accident (i.e. from the car leaving the track to the track workers arriving at the car) was captured and shown during the broadcast from the normal trackside camera at the Tosa hairpin. When it actually happened live only the 'end' of the accident was shown (i.e. after the car had hit the wall and before it came to rest), but the full accident was replayed seconds afterwards. The full extrication was shown live from a helicopter overhead.

Where is this footage?

Not seen it before. Although if that's the case then the trashes my shit up like Pink in a hotel room.
Quote from BlueFlame :Where is this footage?

Not seen it before. Although if that's the case then the trashes my shit up like Pink in a hotel room.

It was broadcast on the world feed at the time. I have it from the Eurosport footage, but any other broadcaster covering the qualifying would have access to the same footage. It's currently also available on YouTube here (warning: fatal accident footage). The accident starts with the usual wide shot then zooms in after the contact. You can clearly see this was captured by the normal trackside camera.
Quote from amp88 :It was broadcast on the world feed at the time. I have it from the Eurosport footage, but any other broadcaster covering the qualifying would have access to the same footage. It's currently also available on YouTube here (warning: fatal accident footage). The accident starts with the usual wide shot then zooms in after the contact. You can clearly see this was captured by the normal trackside camera.

Wow.. that's like watching the crash for the first time all over again

There was only the one angle I'd ever seen of this incident, which was the one I mentioned before. I honestly thought that was teh only angle... After years and years of seeing the video in related on youtube etc there was only ever the one angle.

María de Villota found dead
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG