The online racing simulator
Triple Monitors and Car View
(9 posts, started )
Hi All,

Just a question. I have recently been blessed with using 3 monitors with LFS, what a difference and I use the SOFTTH. Now only now using this, and playing around, LFS doesn't save your view's for every car, as they are different ( XFG to FXO for example) is this correct, or am I doing something wrong.

So for each car change, I think have to amend the view when required...

Is this right

CHeers

Fordie
Yes,that's right! Check LFS\data\views - you'll see,that each car has it's own file!
I saw that, but it doesn't seem to save each view for each car.

For example, I set a view for XFG, then come out of XFG, and go into FXO, but then FXO has XFG settings. Do I need to come out of LFS then go back in to set each cars view?

Cheers

Fordie
Although you cannot see it, the FXO cuts off the left side mirror, so I have to move the screen setting.

see attached, same setting but different cars
Attached images
fxo.jpg
XFG.jpg
Quote from Fordman : Do I need to come out of LFS then go back in to set each cars view?

Cheers

Fordie

don't think so for me it works like Eclipsed said, each car remembers the view settings you gave for it. is it possible the fxo setting just happened to be like the new xfg setting?

edit: jealous
#6 - Nilex
Some settings, like FOV (pov), are shared between all cars. Theres no way around that as far I'm aware of. There could be more that are shared but don't know which.
And theres those that are separate for each car, like custom view setting. Not sure if there are more tbh.
Hi

I am the proud and very satisfied owned of a triple screen setup as well. It really makes the game(s) a lot better.

Regarding your issues, I can tell you that FL!P has made an ingenious little program. I think it should solve your troubles, dude. Give it a try.

FlipCams it's called.
https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25674

I use it there's some 6 years now.

Hats off to the frenchie.
Quote from Nilex :Some settings, like FOV (pov)

Oh will you please drop it, its was a typo :ices_rofl and one that I don't think will ever live down

Quote from meanie :Hi

I am the proud and very satisfied owned of a triple screen setup as well. It really makes the game(s) a lot better.

Regarding your issues, I can tell you that FL!P has made an ingenious little program. I think it should solve your troubles, dude. Give it a try.

Will give that a try when I return home

Cheers

Fordie
Quote from Nilex :Some settings, like FOV (pov), are shared between all cars. Theres no way around that as far I'm aware of. There could be more that are shared but don't know which.

You can alternate the FOV and some more settings for each car via scripts (data/script/car.lfs).

/fov [degrees] - field of view
/ff [0-200] - force feedback strength
/axis [axis] [function] - e.g. /axis 2 throttle (see below)
/invert [0/1] [function] - e.g. /invert 1 brake (see below)
/button [button] [function] - e.g. /button 5 shift_up (see below)
/key [key] [function] - e.g. /key Q handbrake (see below)
/head_tilt [degrees] - 1g head tilt
/lateral_shift [m] - 1g lateral shift
/forward_shift [m] - 1g forward shift
/vertical_shift [m] - 1g vertical shift
/hidetext [yes/no] - hide or show text (SHIFT + F)
/showmouse [yes/no] - show or hide mouse (SHIFT + Z)
/say [message] - same as typing a chat message
/echo [text] - show text only on local screen
/ctrlf [num] [text] - change text e.g. "ctrlf 1 hello"
/altf [num] [text] - change text e.g. "altf 1 bye"
/wheel_turn [degrees] - specify turn angle of controller
/press [key] - simulate key press (see PARAMETERS)
/shift [key] - SHIFT + key
/ctrl [key] - CTRL + key
/alt [key] - ALT + key
/autoclutch [0-1] - turn autoclutch off / on

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG