The online racing simulator
should i buy ?
(34 posts, started )
should i buy ?
hi

i want to buy the g27 wheel next month because i think its time to move on from using mouse as a wheel

is there any news on new wheel from logitech? because it will suck if a new wheel will be released right after i buy the g27

after i buy the wheel , can i change to a bigger steering wheel + shifter ?
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :hi

i want to buy the g27 wheel next month because i think its time to move on from using mouse as a wheel

is there any news on new wheel from logitech? because it will suck if a new wheel will be released right after i buy the g27

after i buy the wheel , can i change to a bigger steering wheel + shifter ?

Quote :after i buy the wheel , can i change to a bigger steering wheel + shifter ?

Not without modding and losing warranty.

Haven't heard about any new wheel comng out from logitech.

And soon Bose will come saying that logitech is crap and you need to get fanatec.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Not without modding and losing warranty.

Haven't heard about any new wheel comng out from logitech.

And soon Bose will come saying that logitech is crap and you need to get fanatec.

Well, Logitech indeed is lacking quality a bit lately, atleast in joystick segment Logitech is far from being the best.

If it will be you first wheel, you might aswell start from something simpler, like DF GT wheel.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :logitech announced that they wouldn't make wheels anymore. fanatec has the gt3rs wheel wich is very good and also not to expensive (250 euro's)

http://eu.fanatec.com/Bundles?product_id=158

porsche wheel , i dont know feels weird to hold porsche wheel and drive other cars :s

also i forget to ask , is there option to quick realese and change to f1 type of steering wheel ? i saw a guy do that in youtube video . looks cool and i want the option to change to a squar wheel when iam driving formula cars.

i found this amazing looking wheel but again , the badge is killing it for me as i am not a bmw fan :\
http://eu.fanatec.com/RacingWheels?product_id=570
i don't see the problem in having a wheel with a different badge on it..
don't know about you, but i barely look at the wheel (at least when driving)

and worst case scenario, you can just change the sticker with a fiat or lada one

about the quick release, it still involves modding, buying a quick release hub (i imagine, never tried really), and invalidating the warranty
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :porsche wheel , i dont know feels weird to hold porsche wheel and drive other cars :s

also i forget to ask , is there option to quick realese and change to f1 type of steering wheel ? i saw a guy do that in youtube video . looks cool and i want the option to change to a squar wheel when iam driving formula cars.

i found this amazing looking wheel but again , the badge is killing it for me as i am not a bmw fan :\

no, that's only with the fanatec clubsport, wich is pretty expensive
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :porsche wheel , i dont know feels weird to hold porsche wheel and drive other cars :s

You won't notice badge on your wheel when you drive. If you will, then your driving would be far from perfect.

Do you have a car? I'm asking because I used to have G25 wheel and raced quite a lot until I got a car. Racing games became uninteresting to me after that, besides FFB and shifter were way far from real life (especially the shifter) so I sold the wheel quite soon.

So if you do have a car you might be dissapointed, and spending quite a sum of money on a top wheel might not satisfy you. I'd buy some midrange model and see what will happen later.

I used to start with a gamepad, then I advanced to Logitech Drive EX, then I used another broken wheel and made a 3 pedal system out if it. Only some time later I advanced to G25, but after a year of use I got a car and then it became unneeded.
Quote from [RF]-art555 :You won't notice badge on your wheel when you drive. If you will, then your driving would be far from perfect.

Do you have a car? I'm asking because I used to have G25 wheel and raced quite a lot until I got a car. Racing games became uninteresting to me after that, besides FFB and shifter were way far from real life (especially the shifter) so I sold the wheel quite soon.

So if you do have a car you might be dissapointed, and spending quite a sum of money on a top wheel might not satisfy you. I'd buy some midrange model and see what will happen later.

I used to start with a gamepad, then I advanced to Logitech Drive EX, then I used another broken wheel and made a 3 pedal system out if it. Only some time later I advanced to G25, but after a year of use I got a car and then it became unneeded.

you play lfs in your car?
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :you play lfs in your car?

I don't play LFS because it became boring to me after I got myself a car.
Quote from [RF]-art555 :I don't play LFS because it became boring to me after I got myself a car.

do you race irl?
I'm a little late but;

logitech is crap and you need to get fanatec.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :do you race irl?

How about you stop being picky and read the point of my post: Consider buying a less expensive first wheel if you don't want to spend a lot of money
Nothing makes sim racing look boring like driving 30mph to the supermarket for your shopping.
Not sure if serious.
Quote from Bose321 :I'm a little late but;

logitech is crap and you need to get fanatec.

if i could get an explenation on why fanatec is better then logitech i'll be very grateful :]

anyway , the main thing is still a changble steering wheel for me to switch to square when ever i want and with not that much complications .

thank you for all comments :]

edit:

omg , g27 looks really lame after watching this 0.0 , dat bmw wheel i want it! i dont care about the badge anymore , but dose it come as a set of wheel+pedels+shifter?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iI0_JDgkLg
If the CSW and BMW rim are within your price range, go for it.

Just to clarify: the link in this thread to that BMW wheel is JUST the rim, not the 'base'. You might be a little shocked if you look at the total price. But it's totally worth it. And if you don't like BMW, just put a sticker from Honda on it or whatever.

The wheel is just so much better. It's like saying "Let's compare a Lada and a Rolls Royce. They both get you from A to B in a game, but the Fanatec wheel just does it better, and it looks (okay, this is subjectable to someone's tast) eand feels better.
Quote from Bose321 :If the CSW and BMW rim are within your price range, go for it.

Just to clarify: the link in this thread to that BMW wheel is JUST the rim, not the 'base'. You might be a little shocked if you look at the total price. But it's totally worth it. And if you don't like BMW, just put a sticker from Honda on it or whatever.

The wheel is just so much better. It's like saying "Let's compare a Lada and a Rolls Royce. They both get you from A to B in a game, but the Fanatec wheel just does it better, and it looks (okay, this is subjectable to someone's tast) eand feels better.

ya i checked the price for base + bmw wheel + pedels + shifter , and the price is 1200$
thats alot of cash ! + cant buy this in israel so i have to order this , only wheel i can buy from fantech is the gt3rs and gt2 , which are just alittle more expensive then the g27 .

dammit i wish i never saw this ,
There are also some bundles I believe that are cheaper than a G27. At least with the prices over here.
Judging by iR's FFB test results, CSW and T500RS are the best two you can get for now.

The charts also tell us all sim wheels are terrible though.
Sorry, but what does this actually mean? I miss some kind of legend. Looks interesting though.
I think that is the timeline for S3 release.
Quote from Bose321 :Sorry, but what does this actually mean? I miss some kind of legend. Looks interesting though.

In that test, the program gives a fixed torque signal for a specific time, then switch to the opposite, and after the same delay switch again (The orange square wave is the input, and the curves are rotation recordings of each wheel):

An idea wheel system with unlimited power, perfectly linear torque output and no resistance should behave like this:

While the T500RS appears to be somewhat better in the last one, it's not looking good in the linearity test:
Quote from CheerioDM :I think that is the timeline for S3 release.

If it was, the purple line must be the best estimation.

should i buy ?
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG