The online racing simulator
Well.. I take up that challenge on SO4 where i had a very bad set, race and no practice. And i bet Marus will even more.

BUt i am not talking about SO4 really.

The point is.. that the current track was not fair if we would leave it originally. Simple as that easy to prove. So Marus, Jati, Doji and me have all been working to try to get the times of the FZ5 and the Rac as close as we could.

I've been driving it and Marus did and many others did. Look at Marus' best two times.. for a long time he was faster in the FZ5. For me i was also equally fast with the RAC and FZ5. Untill i started developing a set and didnt do any laps in the FZ5 anymore.

So we thought it was fair. We had about 6 different versions of a chicane in on the straight and many helped on building the best one. Now i have often said that I'd like to hear feedback or what so ever to improve. And i also said on TS last week that we would probably need a chicane there. Now forgive me on missing out posting it here on the forum. But it's been a very busy week for me too i got more things going on here than only LFS. And probably the same counts for the others.. so sorry to say.. but as i've often said already.. pls feedback instead of saying nothing at all.. ragequit after the race... Not really the attitude which is nice for others who are trying to keep it honest and put effort in.
#77 - troy
Where did I rage quit? I didn't say anything after the race, just when you had to make your "It was perfectly balanced" point in TS I couldn't resist and laugh a bit at that. It clearly wasn't balanced in the race, I agree on the qualifying it was probably close but there is just no way you can do that pace in race trim, as I said you're welcome to prove me wrong on that.

Regarding the TS comment, how should people know about that? I never knew anything was discussed about chicanes until tonight.

So to continue that argument; are you now going to give the RAC engine restriction for the FE4 race? because it's not balanced! If you start with stuff like that it just never ends, you should chose tracks to balance cars, not try to even out stuff in the middle of the running series.

FZ5 was quicker on AS5, FE3 RAC, KY3 RAC slightly faster, SO4 RAC, KY2 FZ5, FE4 RAC and AS7 I don't know yet, I don't see how FZ5 is dominant anywhere but AS5, KY2 would've been a tough one already with slight advantage to FZ5. The rest of the tracks RAC is clearly faster in the race. I would like to think I know my roadcars, I did plenty of 12 and 24 hour races in both RAC and FZ5 including countless leagues running 1 hour races.
I totally disagree with you about the tracks to which you say the RAC has an race pace advantage and i know marus says the same. I think especially in race trim the FZ5 has been the quicker car almost everywhere except for FE3 so far. Let me put it this way; FE3 is the only track where the RAC had a clear advantage in race pace.

Besides that, in the first races i publicly asked for people to come and post or tell me directly any feedback. The FZ5 has a bigger fuel tank and we weren't aware that the RAC had to take fuel during its pitsstop.. filling up took a long time as we saw! We weren't aware that the tyres or the RAC don't last that long. Besides the RAC has no ABS or tractin Control. I think the first races really were in advance for the FZ5 and overall the FZ5 is an easier car to drive. Of course this has been everyone's personal choice, but some aspects weren't there yet in the occasion as this is the first championship.
What im trying to say is that I not only think the FZ5 has an advantage often in racepace but that the FZ5 often had an advantage to other aspects that came look around the corner for ex. a race where the RAC had to fill up and the FZ5 didnt.

If i noticed it right.. cause i didnt watched the replay yet.. I also have my thoughts about last race. I saw you doing a lap of 03.77 which was only about 0.25 slower than my best lap? most of my laps were somewhere in the 04 and often enough in the 05. In the first part of the race you could follow quite well.. untill you suddenly dropped away a couple of times (mistakes i assume?)

Anyway.. im not sure of course.. i could be wrong here.. but i know i got a very good pace on that track in the rac. I don't think there would be a single change in the finishing results if the chicane wouldn't be there. As yes no prob for me if you want to try that out.

And then i heard people saying something about the rear tyres of the FZ5. Yes hey might burn peacefully to heaven.. but that's not much different with the RAC. It's quite hard to build a race set for the RAC which is fast and sustainable on its tyres in every way.. normally you lose a lot of race pace with the rac. But i've driven 80% of the race with overheated tyres and could manage them not to overheat too much. Storm does have less problems which is easy to explain if you drive with 2 degrees less camber.. impossible to be competitive.

The thing is that the general advantage the FZ5 has here over the RAC, was simply too big. Simply look for how long the FZ5 has about 30km/h more on that oval part. RAC drivers wouldn't stand a single chance there and on other sectors as well.. that's why we thought this wouldn't be fair. And as i said i've driven the FZ5 as well with booty chicane... and that chicane wasn't harder for the FZ5 as it was for the RAC. Braking point was the same even though the FZ5 entered the booty chicane with about 20 km/h more. KY2 is quite a stretched track with long corners not a place where the RAC had an advantage.

Not sure what others have done.. as far as it goes for server activity, but marus, jati, doji! and me practiced before the events.. maybe that made a difference, cause once again.. i still think it was quite honest.

Anyway... when you can clearly show that the FZ5 doesnt stand a chance to the RAC next track like we could, then im willing to talk about trying how to make it more equal... although be aware of the time it costs. Cause don't expect me to do this once again trying to get people to getting.. different drivers and different cars to keep on testing and see what exactly has to be done. Even though someone puts some effort in.. it's a tough job to keep everyone satisfied..

Remember the only thing we tried to bring down on KY2R was the enormous speed advantage over the straight to basically devide the oval section in two parts and still the FZ5 had a speed advantage of 20 km/h in the first oval part and i haven't measured yet in the second part but im sure it's close to 20 kp/h there as well. So basically.. i think if you think this was unfair.. the track without a chicane would still be unfair for you as i don't expect you to to pass me or marus on that track. Ifthis track would have been unfair to the FZ5, Storm would have taken you down in his RAC in qualy and if the RAC had a better race pace than in the race.. but that didnt happen at all.. even when you made the mistakes.

About the rage quit.. i called it rage quit.. anyway.. it's not the behavior normally shown.. indeed the only words i've heard from you on TS was after i made that comment. Which differs also with your normal behavior. Quitting right after crossing the finish line i saw as rage quit whatever name it should be given... anyway I don't say you have to speak or anything of course.. I respect your professionality in this, and i get it somewhere.. but we've put work in that to sort it out rightfully and a lot of drivers thought it was good also FZ5 drivers. Think this was just making too much of a fuzz for nothing..

And once again.. it should have been announced on the forum. Agreed on that. Just forgot about it, quite a busy daily life.
*Points are up*

Tonight's second to last race on Fernbay could be decisive for the championship!

Is Troy going home with the Title? Or can Marus still pull some tricks?!

Come and see it tonight at 20.30 CEST ON Corse Motorsports!
LFS username Rocketeer88
Race name Gumball Rocket
Team name Gumball Racing
Car choice RAC
Driver number 88

Sorry for my bad english, and i d ont ave ts (probleme microphone...:really

My statut change in lfs, the team is : [MRc] and Tech3r. MRc is principal in LFS world.

+++++ Chrislap

The Corse FZ5&Rac Challenge has ended! Everyone from Corse Motorsports would like to thank every participant! We had a lot of fun organising the event and it was very good to see it has been a succes!

We had great battles on track and in the championship.

To see the results go to the Corse Motorsports webpage:
Corse Motorsports FZ5/Rac Cup championship results

To download the replays of all 8 races, click the following link:
Season replays

Thanks alot again! And we hope to see you soon with the upcoming events!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG