The online racing simulator
Stolen Repsol skin
(22 posts, started )
#1 - tonix
Stolen Repsol skin
Almost a year ago i made Repsol XFR skin and posted it to the old RSC forum (http://forum.racesimcentral.co ... 2468426&postcount=257). Today I spotted a thread about Team Repsol and followed the link to their website, where I found "their" team skins ripped from my skin :yikes:. Without any permission they erased my name and signature and edited the graphics. Not to mention how crappy the skin quality is (512x512 resized to 1024x1024).

Their admin even claims that he made the skins himself:
Quote : Updates:
i lost the old ones .psp file a while ago, and i didnt want to mess w jpgs for the new members' skin, so i made a new one. basically its the same, but decals on hood r much hgiher res, michelin logo on rear wing, some new decals, and so on. check it out

http://repsolracing.net/viewtopic.php?t=30

In attachments you can see my original skin file and one of the ripped skins from their team skins pack.
Attached images
XFR_repsoltonix.jpg
XFG_REPSOL_REV2.jpg
What do you expect from someone that can't even write proper senteces. Shame that stuff like this happens, but you can't really make anything against that. Make a post in the other thread about this issue, that'll give them a nice reputation as a team.
Ugh, he even put "Got NOS?" on the back..

It's a pretty blatant rip
#4 - herki
but I have to say, I really like your original skin - especially the carbon texture

Sad thing, that some people can't respect other people's property
funny stuff
Gotta love it (well not really) when people paint over it and try to make it look like their own

I had a Repsol skin that was victim of this too back in S1, but I won't go into that... dumb story.

And yes, nice job on your original
Well its a compliment that someone like your skin so much that they are using it. But its crap that they are claiming your work as their own.
As said nothing you can do about it though, but i agree should post it on the teams forum lol.
#8 - Jakg
posted a link to this thread in their recently revived thread. looking forward to an answer!
Man, that is so lame. That team lost all respect that I had for them (which was none to begin with).
hey. i got this skin from the team leader, he sent it w some ugly decals on it (put them on himself), so i cleared it, and started it from a plain one. im really sorry, i didnt know it was urs, it didnt had any credit on it, maybe he erased them. we change the skin if u dont want us to use, and sorry again..
lol.. safe to say team leader got what was coming to him.
Yeh it sux when people take your hard work and claim it as their own. Its a shame theres not really a lot we can do about it either. All the skins would need to be encrypted or something, which would probably be a bad idea anyway.

What I don't understand is when people download a skin with your name on, and the only thing they do is remove your name and race with it. I mean wtf?
Your skin is like Corn Flakes..."The original is still the best".
i attached the skin i started to edit. i asked hunter where he got it from, and said it as in a skin pack. sorry again, never really thought of stealing it
Attached images
XFG_repsol.jpg
It's definately the original ripped. With this image, it clearly shows. That s*cks . Oh well.
The Team Repsol skin here is barely editing from the original at all. It's quite sad it's presented as somebody elses work.

When I make a skin I use an existing skin as a base. I will freely admit that my Fox skins are based on the rather excellent Martini skin, it's in all new colours with completely remade decalling, it looks like a new skin, but if I didn't use another skin as a base it wouldn't look half as good as it does.

I saw another excellent skin not so long ago, and have been tempted to make a new skin using that as a template too.

My skin has had some compliments, and I dont consider it a rip of the Martini skin that was used as a basis for its design, but is this practice also stealing anothers work?

I'm at work right now so cannot do a good picture, but the white, blue and pink car here is my practice skin and the white, orange & grey skin is my race outfit: http://www.bansheestudios.com/img/FeG1.jpg
i used the scavier pro helm as a template to do my own helmet. shall i tell you how i didnt actually edit the original?

i inserted the image as a layer, then i made it 50% opacity, then i didnt use the layer when i saved the original....

i really needed to do this to get the lines right around the helmet, plus i needed to get the visor mounts right and the vents.

is that ok? i think my helm looks totally different though
Attached images
scavierhelm.jpg
my helmet.jpg
helmet_WIP.jpg
I don't think the devs care if you work over the skins that come with the game. Infact, they'd probably want you to enjoy trying to make something. If it was someone else's public work, for some reason people will get all worked up about it....
If you asked the original artist of that skin for help developing a new team skin I'm sure he would.You would be surprised what a nice group of racers this community brought together thanks to LFS.
I'd agree with that, when I asked Gobby if it was ok to use parts of his FO8/BF1 skins to make the toro rosso for my FOX F1 skin pack he gave a great quality picture he'd done of the big red bull insated. That made things much, much better for me and made that skins loads better.

Everyone is willing to help, just have to ask.
richy,

i don't think they would care if you took the skin and remade it a little. It looks really nice.

The Respol team skin looks so poorly made, you can see the PAINT artifacts on it. The original looks really nice.
Pity things that have happened to me, happen to others ( stealing a skins )
Try to contact them and clear things out.

Stolen Repsol skin
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG