The online racing simulator
Serious lag on four different VGA!!!
Motherboard Name: Asus P5S800-VM S755
RAM: Blitz, 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (@ 200 MHz 3.0 - 4 - 4- 8 )
CPU: Intel Celeron D 326, 2533 MHz (19 x 133)
VGA: Club3D ATI Radeon 9250 128mb 64bit PCI
Sound: Realtek ALC655 @ SiS 7012
HDD: Maxtor DiamondMax9 7200 80GB 8mb SATA/3gb
CD/RW: NEC NR-7800B

This is the original setup!!! The first thought was that the VGA was giving seriuos lag, so we tried 3 various VGA's (nVIDIA Geforce Ti4200 128 MB, nVIDIA Geforce FX 5500 128MB and a nVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 128MB), but no result, the same with the three other cards! Afterwords we thought tha maybe the psu was making the problems becous its a noname 420Watts, so we switched it to a another one with 300 W (a good one). But again no result! What do you propouse to do??? Oh, and one more thing, the LAG comes up only when there are more than one cars in the sight of view!!!
You tried 4 equally crappy cards, and you're suprised they weren't different? Honestly, sell all 4 cards and buy a decent one. :P
Were all of those PCI? If so, get an AGP or a PCI-E card (your motherboard needs to support them too). You won't get good performance out of anything that sits on the standard PCI bus.
What do you call a serious lag? Do you mean FPS drop? What FPS do you get when you are alone? Whats the difference between "alone FPS" and "gridded FPS"?

We need more info about your problem. Some FPS loss is a common issue when there are some cars on grid - guess why... LFS uses very complex physics that loades CPU a LOT. When there are more than 16 cars on the grid my FPS drops forom usual 100+ on 25 and I have P4E 3.2GHz.

Your Celeron D 325 isnt too powerful CPU - the Celeron D architecture is completely wrong IMHO - just by the way...

So give us some more info about your problem and I think that we will be able to help you....(you can post a replay too)

EDIT: Heh, NotAnIllusion is right about the PCI. PCI card is a C R A P - squared stuff......
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :You tried 4 equally crappy cards, and you're suprised they weren't different? Honestly, sell all 4 cards and buy a decent one. :P

ohh yeah, i think your not quite compitent in hardware! n00b!!!! illepall

Quote from NotAnIllusion :Were all of those PCI? If so, get an AGP or a PCI-E card (your motherboard needs to support them too). You won't get good performance out of anything that sits on the standard PCI bus.

No, the three other cards were on AGP8x!!!

Quote from MadCatX :What do you call a serious lag? Do you mean FPS drop? What FPS do you get when you are alone? Whats the difference between "alone FPS" and "gridded FPS"?

We need more info about your problem. Some FPS loss is a common issue when there are some cars on grid - guess why... LFS uses very complex physics that loades CPU a LOT. When there are more than 16 cars on the grid my FPS drops forom usual 100+ on 25 and I have P4E 3.2GHz.

Your Celeron D 325 isnt too powerful CPU - the Celeron D architecture is completely wrong IMHO - just by the way...

So give us some more info about your problem and I think that we will be able to help you....(you can post a replay too)

EDIT: Heh, NotAnIllusion is right about the PCI. PCI card is a C R A P - squared stuff......

sorry, mixed up[ the LAG an the FPS! its about FPS!! when theres only one car on track the FPS is about 20, but when more then one it drops cruitualy to about 5-7 FPS!!! and the stupidest thing that on my freinds celeron 1.7, 512mb RAM, nVIDIA Geforce FX 5200(the one i tried), there are no FPS drops, well not as much as mine! well i hope you got the point, what i was trying to say to you!!!
AI cars have a serious hit on FPS, as your computer not only has to calculate the physics for your car, but theirs too. And bear in mind that LFS tyres have more physics calcs that a whole rFactor car (thanks for the quote Kid ), then it's easy to see why.

As for low fps when it's just you, it's mainly down to a not great CPU and four rubbish graphics cards. They are rubbish, don't have a go at people who think the same.
There is something DEFINITELY BAD!!! on your system. On the CPU that you have you should get about 80 FPS when alone.... Well, there is a "HVS" option in LFS Options>Graphics. Make sure it is turend ON!!! And also make sure you have DISABLED the "Simple Track" - enabling it causes FPS drop and ugly graphics
Quote :CPU: Intel Celeron D 326, 2533 MHz (19 x 133)

The problem here is the word "Celeron". Although it's got glossy advertising on TV it is a budget chip that cronically underperforms, especially when playing games, because of the absent features of the chip. To put it politely, it's utter rubbish. This combined with a generally quite old system is likely the cause of your slow down (which isn't lag btw, lag is something else entirely).

You could try minimising your display options and trying various graphics cards and what have you, but at the end of the day you have a 133Mhz system bus, compare that to mhy 880mhz bus and you get an idea... Your system is around 8 or so years old.

That's not to say it can't be made to run games though and LFS is suprisingly tolerant of older systems, but it isn't going to do it with medium or high graphics settings.
Quote from doubleD :ohh yeah, i think your not quite compitent in hardware! n00b!!!! illepall

I'm sorry, but the facts are that all 4 cards are on the same(crappy) level when it comes to performance. Also that Celeron's not exactly helping you :P
ok! everyone's talkin about that celeron sucks, but check out my second post after the last quote :chairs: : and the stupidest thing that on my freinds celeron 1.7, 512mb RAM, nVIDIA Geforce FX 5200(the one i tried), there are no FPS drops, well not as much as mine! well i hope you got the point, what i was trying to say to you!!!

so how can you explain that???

Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :I'm sorry, but the facts are that all 4 cards are on the same(crappy) level when it comes to performance. Also that Celeron's not exactly helping you :P

ok im not saying that they are like the best thing on the market(no its not like that becous all of them ar old), but dude, look at what i said earlier!!! illepall
Quote from Becky Rose :
but at the end of the day you have a 133Mhz system bus,

There is no 133Mhz FSB, as same as the P4s have, the bus is quaded so it is running on 533MHz.... P4 bus real speed is 200MHz. Multiple it by 4 and you get 800MHz.

But yup, Celeron D is a crap, because it is based on Prescott core. It uses the 31-step pipeline and that means HUGE performance loss on branch prediction mistake or a "bubble" in the pipeline. P4s eliminates it by a 1MB L2 CACHE(it can quickly fetch needed data from CACHE), but Celeron Ds has just 256kB and THAT IS the MAIN problem....

However, 2,53GHz Cel D is not supposed to work at 20 FPS in LFS. My friend has a OLD Duron 1,3(thius is what i would call an 8 year old system) and he has approx. 50FPS on the bumper view when alone.

Im with you, DoubleD, your system isnt the top-grade but pretty suitable for LFS - what the world, I was playing the S1 on and 700MHz notebook....... guys who says you need and Athlon FX-60 to run LFS smooth are a little disinformed about the HW performance(i dont want to offend anybody by this.. Im alos not a HW guru)
I explain it by saying your PC is configured badly AS WELL. Probably bloated with rubbish and magazine demos etc. Don't get annoyed because we can't help much given the limited information you've given other than tell you that both PC's you've tried it on are past it.
I can't afford much either mate, but at the same time I don't complain that my old stuff doesn't get good fps.
so you got a celeron processor, onboard sound and a pci gfx card, seriously what did you expect? it prolly should give more fps but it is a celeron and this is most likely due to drivers or windows thing than lfs' fault, check updated drivers for mobo, sound, gfx, ide drivers and all of those, and try to put the windows factor apart by formatting or cleaning up the hd.
Regarding the fact that it works fine on your friend's PC, I'd suggest you check and close all unneccessary background processes before playing.
Quote from Barroso :so you got a celeron processor, onboard sound and a pci gfx card, seriously what did you expect? it prolly should give more fps but it is a celeron and this is most likely due to drivers or windows thing than lfs' fault, check updated drivers for mobo, sound, gfx, ide drivers and all of those, and try to put the windows factor apart by formatting or cleaning up the hd.

Without looking at it myself and performing some testing, I would have to agree with Barroso on this one. Do any other high-end games or benchmark utilities exibit dismal framerates on the system? If you have a spare hard drive you could try a fresh OS and not loose your configuration on the current drive, although it sounds like it may not be much of a loss in this case as far as gaming is concerned.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG