What Wheel + Pedals
(29 posts, started )
What Wheel + Pedals
Hi All,

I thought I would ask the community here the age old question.

Currently I have the Logitech Momo (Black One) and 2 sets of pedals. They all work fine, but feel after 50K Miles Offline and online I think its time for a change.

Now before you all say Fanatec Fanatec, I am not sure throwing over 400 Euros is ideal, but I am open to your suggestions.

Looking forward to your reply

Fordie
Fanatec Fanatec
G27 or T500 RS when it goes on discount.
What about the fanatec csr sets? wheel, pedals, shifter for 249 euros or wheel and elite pedals for 259? Puts them in a similar price range as a g27

Not sure what they are like so this is also kind of a thread hijack as I was looking at these.

link : http://eu.fanatec.com/index.php?route=module/configurator

Edit : just seen the postage is 37.53 euros.
That sounds like a steal to me.
I still am using my G25. Works fine for me
#10 - Be2K
I'm actually searching for a new wheel too.

My good old DFP is still working flawlessly after 6 years of Racing .

Every Wheel Comparison Forum Thread / video / review is nearly the same statement, if money isn't the question then get the T500RS ! It's often mentioned to get the CSW Pedals don't know why...

Meanwhile its cheaper since it was released in 2011. All of the experience are, even the Driver which using Fanatic Wheels are saying that the T500RS is the God Father of all Wheels.

There are some rumors on the internet that there will be a new Thrustmuster Wheel in the near future. Many Reseller didnt get the T500RS on Stock again because it isnt manufacture anymore (this is the rumor!!)

So I'm still waiting a bit more to get the T500RS for around 300€ where it was early 2013 Or there we get a new T500RS V2 or something like that. The only thing that I don't like on the actual T500RS is that the Shifterpedals are static mounted... Its not a disadvantage actually, many drivers mentioned that it's a bit of habituation.

If you can only offer a mid-high End Wheel -> GT3 RS V2 Wheel or G27 Logitech.
Dont ask me anything about Fanatic i dont like the layout of it... Only the ClubSport Wheels would be my choice but... its a High End Wheel and dose cost more then the T500Rs
Quote from Be2K :It's often mentioned to get the CSW Pedals don't know why...

You should give both pedals a try and you will understand. The Thrustmaster pedals are slightly better than the G25/G27 ones, but still rubbish.
Quote from Be2K :
All of the experience are, even the Driver which using Fanatic Wheels are saying that the T500RS is the God Father of all Wheels.

You mean the opposite? Which wheels do they have?
Quote from Be2K :Dont ask me anything about Fanatic i dont like the layout of it... Only the ClubSport Wheels would be my choice but... its a High End Wheel and dose cost more then the T500Rs

Your loss, but the wheels are totally worth it. But hey, if you want to buy a Thrustmaster that's your choice.
#12 - Be2K
Quote from Bose321 :You should give both pedals a try and you will understand. The Thrustmaster pedals are slightly better than the G25/G27 ones, but still rubbish.

I've compared the T500RS Pedals with the CSW (Fanatec) Pedals. Dont know why they are prefferd. But upgrading from a Momo to a T500RS / G27 / Fanatec wheel its an improvement on nearly everything

Quote from Bose321 :You mean the opposite? Which wheels do they have?

They using Fanatec Wheels and tested the T500RS

Quote from Bose321 :Your loss, but the wheels are totally worth it. But hey, if you want to buy a Thrustmaster that's your choice.

Yeah true I'd like to give my point of view to make a clear point on my decision

The T500RS has a better Bit resolution on communictation between Wheel and PC so you will get smoother/faster movement Ingame
Quote from Be2K :I've compared the T500RS Pedals with the CSW (Fanatec) Pedals. Dont know why they are prefferd. But upgrading from a Momo to a T500RS / G27 / Fanatec wheel its an improvement on nearly everything

Which pedals do you mean? There's no such thing as CSW pedals.
Quote from Be2K :They using Fanatec Wheels and tested the T500RS

Which one? There are loads of them, some not as great.
Quote from Be2K :The T500RS has a better Bit resolution on communictation between Wheel and PC so you will get smoother/faster movement Ingame

It only has more degrees of which you can turn the wheel, which means it's slower, but more accurate, yes.
#14 - Be2K
Quote from Bose321 :Which pedals do you mean? There's no such thing as CSW pedals.

ClubSport Pedals (V2) was often mentioned. (didnt found the Thread so fast )

Quote from Bose321 :Which one? There are loads of them, some not as great.

Uhm, Fanatec GT3 RS (V2)

It only has more degrees of which you can turn the wheel, which means it's slower, but more accurate, yes.[/QUOTE]

Force Feedback:
  • HallEffect Accurate Technology System (H.E.A.R.T)
  • 16-bit-Resolution! (65536 Values )
  • Force Feedback with Industrialmotor (Torque 150mNm, 3000rpm, 65W, Ø 52mm)
  • Plug motor drive.
  • Mechanc with to big Belts
  • 1080° Degrees
The HEART Technology was developed by Thrustmuster only it it reproduce every Feedback from the Game to make it more realistic.

Here is a longer Discussion about every wheel - http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=187961
Pretty much none in that thread, just like here, has no experience with a Fanatec wheel and are thus just grasping at straws. I just find it interesting that people like the Thrustmaster wheel so much. Especially the pedals! The wheel, is a matter of taste I guess, but the pedals are just no where up to par with the CSP from Fanatec.

It's funny I think. When I was invited to England to Leo Bodnar's office, I got the chance of playing with all kinds of wheels on a rig. We also tried a lot of pedals with that. We brought a set of CSP from Fanatec to them because they didn't have those yet. They were fairly impressed by the pedals (compared these pedals), and they then asked me to try the TR500 wheel and pedals. The first thing that I noticed is that they're just horrible, even when inverted. They just feel as sumpy and lifeless as the Logitech pedals. Preferring the TM pedals of the CSP's is just plain wrong, unless you're really biased. I haven't come across a single person that actually liked the TM pedals more.

Those specs of the TR500, that's just marketing. The optical sensor used in a Fanatec wheel have proven to be just as good. The only strange thing of the TR500 is that the sensor is mounted on the engine. That means that the slip from the belts in the future will be neglected.

To be sure you get a better wheel than the TR500, get a Fanatec CSR or CSW. They cost a a little more, but are totally worth it. They are completely new from the inside and outside and they beat any wheel that is available right now. The TR500 is extremely steep priced for what you get too, I think.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :http://www.youtube.com/watch?f ... mp;v=RRIsYEd-o0w&t=82

What about spin rate. The T500 is seriously impressive at how fast it can spin. Can the Fanacrap match that?

It's just silly to make it calibrate that fast, or whatever it is.
Quote from Fordman :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcn4Dpwq5wY

Whats with all the degree's of movement, look above, on-board lap with Matt Neal...he doesn't need 1000+ degree's of turning

Fordie

It's simply useless. I already limit my CSW to 720 or less because in practise it's just not gonna work.
Well, if you're going for realism, the spin rate of the wheel would matter so that it can accurately reflect what state the wheel should be in.

Or have I found another thing that Fanacrap can't do well, so you need to downplay its importance?
I didn't say that is not important. Reading may help. But then again, you like the Turdmaster for some reason.
Actually, I still think my G25 is a fine wheel. I just think that (if) I were to ever get a replacement that wasn't Logitech, I'd pick Thrustmaster.
Quote from Fordman :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcn4Dpwq5wY

Whats with all the degree's of movement, look above, on-board lap with Matt Neal...he doesn't need 1000+ degree's of turning

Fordie

I'd say vast majority of street cars have a steering lock around or above 1080 degrees.

Anyway, if you want realism, you should forget using anything less than 900 degrees.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well, if you're going for realism, the spin rate of the wheel would matter so that it can accurately reflect what state the wheel should be in.

Or have I found another thing that Fanacrap can't do well, so you need to downplay its importance?

Spin rate is good on my gt3rs, same as my g27 from what i can feel. But the fanatec allows you to adjust this by manipulating the drift mode.

I know someone who has tried the CSR elite's Clubsport v2 and g27 pedals and he prefers the cs pedals but found the brakenwas a bit stiff for his braking and he liked the csr elites brake a lot. He has the regular csr wheel and loves it as well, and he traded his logitech for it.

Forget anything with a brake potentiometer if you want to go to the next level.
On the otherhand the guy that bought my g27 (new in box) hasn't paid yet. If it doesnt go thru ill let you know.
Quote from Bose321 :feel as sumpy and lifeless as the Logitech pedals

I can agree on that now Bose.

And yes, the T500rs wheel is quick in calibration, nice wheel to race longer with if u like endo´racing.
Tho, Its belt driven, 1 engine from some factory. And, well atlest me. Got the feelin that it has "deadzone" in middle but it dont.

yes, i have a T500rs.
fanatic wheel synchs in a heart beat. Worst thing ive seen is pedals not full synching so u just have to reboot wheel or unplug the usb if its standalone. But you gotta check before u race anyways

What Wheel + Pedals
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG