The online racing simulator
Calculating vector velocity speed
we taking datas from game over the outsim. we adjusted the heading, pitch and roll. But we cannot calculate vector velocity. We have 3 float vectoral values. How can we calculate exact speed value.

we are trying this formula : speed = square root( x^2 + y^2 + z^2 ).
But we thing this formula is wrong...
The vector is likely in m/s, and thus so will be the speed you obtain from calculating the length of the vector. If you are comparing to mph or km/h, then you just need to scale the value in order to get it to match. There should be no need to re-orientate the vector for heading, pitch and roll for the purposes of speed location.

Without more details as to why you think the numbers you are getting are wrong, that's my best guess.
The formula is correct. Use sqrt(x^2 + y^2) for ground speed or sqrt(x^2 + y^2 + z^2) for total speed including the vertical part.
Quote from Bob Smith :The vector is likely in m/s, and thus so will be the speed you obtain from calculating the length of the vector. If you are comparing to mph or km/h, then you just need to scale the value in order to get it to match. There should be no need to re-orientate the vector for heading, pitch and roll for the purposes of speed location.

Without more details as to why you think the numbers you are getting are wrong, that's my best guess.

Yes, we controlled again the mph and km status. We adjust the selection of speed as km. We cannot obtain the right value. While we are playing the game, for instance we are driving with 40km/h but we are receiving 60km/h or more. We multiplied with 3.6 for change in m/s to km/h. and also tried to divide with 1.6 to make sure that if something wrong with the km/h and mph issues.
Looks like your game displays speed as mph and the vector results in either m/s or km/h. In that case the values are correct as 40 mph = 64 km/h.
Hey I want to simply be able to get the datas (ax,ay,az,vx,vy,vz and etc.) from LFS but I have no idea how to do it...
Can someone help me please?
where should I write a code and where should I get started to finally be able to write the code...
I've been struggling about 16 hours between these forums LFS programming manual INsim and Outsim but I wasn't able to connect to LFS nor with outsim nor with insim and I really want to do it...
where should I start what should I read/learn please help me please Frown
Quote from pbbolt :Hey I want to simply be able to get the datas (ax,ay,az,vx,vy,vz and etc.) from LFS but I have no idea how to do it...
Can someone help me please?
where should I write a code and where should I get started to finally be able to write the code...
I've been struggling about 16 hours between these forums LFS programming manual INsim and Outsim but I wasn't able to connect to LFS nor with outsim nor with insim and I really want to do it...
where should I start what should I read/learn please help me please Frown

Start with Hello World InSim (Indep. Lang or lib) then get positions from IS_MCI packets. Documentation is perfect in most library.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG