The online racing simulator
Getting Boring...
(78 posts, started )
71,000 from North America seems very high. The last numbers I remember people figuring out was about 36,000 "licenced" LFS users (globally).

This was a few years ago, so growth would be expected, but considering North America has always been fairly weak for LFS (due to time zones and no organized racing in our evenings for a long time) for that population to be 70,000 strong seems really really crazy (and incorrect).
So, organize a north american league and see how it goes
Quote from markantonio :You see, comparing Lithuania and Germany, Germany is 50x richiest, and actually its the richiest country in the Europe. Not everyone can afford an S2 license in Lithuania.

Really? The bill to pay for your Internet, electric etc will be much more then £24 a month so you really can't complain.

Each month alone I pay £250-300 for electric and at least £100 for my phone/Internet line.

So if you're saying you can't afford a £24 LFS license it might be time to upgrade from the what £10/H McDonald's job
To those who claim they can't afford S2:

If you own a computer of your own capable of running LFS, you should have no problem buying MANY licenses of LFS and throw the keys around like you're snowball pushing creepers away in Minecraft.
Quote from tbofram :So if you're saying you can't afford a £24 LFS license it might be time to upgrade from the what £10/H McDonald's job

Earning 10 pounds per hour back in Baltic countries sounds like a dream job!
Quote from Eclipsed :Earning 10 pounds per hour back in Baltic countries sounds like a dream job!

+1. I had a part time job where I god paid around 12 pounds a day and I think that was quite a lot (take note it was my first "job" and I may be wrong on what's a lot and what's not)
Quote from Eclipsed :Earning 10 pounds per hour back in Baltic countries sounds like a dream job!

10 pounds/hr for a fast food job sounds like a fantasy to me lol. It's more like 3-4 pounds/hr here! 10 pounds/hr (averaged) jobs are usually for fresh grads.
Quote from Shotglass :to quote my lebanese colleague while he was trying his best to piss of a lithuanian
"3 million people? and you have a coutnry for that? thats a village where im from"

Lebanon has a population of 5 million people. Its capital is smaller than Lithuania's. Even if it was, I don't see a point why it should piss someone off
Quote from tbofram :Really? The bill to pay for your Internet, electric etc will be much more then £24 a month so you really can't complain.

Each month alone I pay £250-300 for electric and at least £100 for my phone/Internet line.

So if you're saying you can't afford a £24 LFS license it might be time to upgrade from the what £10/H McDonald's job

In my last job I've earned 3 pounds/hr. It was considered to be a good place to work with salary above the average. I guess I need to find a job at McDonalds.

BUT THE BEER IS CHEAP HERE, F**K OUTSIDE WORLD!!!
I never realized how terrible parts of Eastern Europe were for that stuff. Our minimum wage here in BC is about 6.5 GBP. That is literally going and working at McDonalds or any other "fast food" restaurant.
Minimum wage in Latvia is 200Ls (~290€) per month minus taxes,which in most cases are almost 1/3. And there are a lot of people working for that money. Government are planning to raise it to 240Ls (almost 350€),which is still pretty miserable. And that coupled with quite massive unemployment problem. So basically there are no doubts,why I'm not living there anymore...

PS. And that is a cause,why people from even worse situated countries are coming to Latvia for work...
Quote from Kandis :Lebanon has a population of 5 million people. Its capital is smaller than Lithuania's. Even if it was, I don't see a point why it should piss someone off

its what he does
and it had the desired effect as she told me sheepishly that lithuanias capitol was tiny
I make €7,5 at one job and €15 at my other for 1 hour each morning making a total of around €224 for a week.
I'm at around 500 EUR per week. Before taxes, which brings it down to about 400 EUR after taxes.
I make 0
You guys make me wanna move to murica
in Croatia top job you can get as student is like 2-3 € per hour, and people are happy with it. what I'm doing atm gets me about 400 € per week (not by hours, but work done) keep in mind I'm well educated
It's all relative though. out of about $2100 CAD, $900 (at least) would be to rent (if I didn't live at home). About $70 a week for gasoline (transit where I live is basically useless). Then probably $100 a week at least on groceries. $100 on internet. $100 on cellphone bill (Our tri-carrier monopoly at its finest -- they're technically not a monopoly, but they effectively price fix as a trio, eliminating any true choice).

We make more, but everything is very expensive. Mind you, I'm not educated past high school.
I make a few dollars while driving on a cruise server. I also have some cash on the bank where I get a lot of invest. Really a smart thing to do.
So every person that ever made an account, especially now that demo requires a true "user account" as well. That number is EXTREMELY inflated because demo drivers have a user account. People create duplicate accounts (in case 1 gets banned) and a bunch of other stupidity.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :So every person that ever made an account, especially now that demo requires a true "user account" as well. That number is EXTREMELY inflated because demo drivers have a user account. People create duplicate accounts (in case 1 gets banned) and a bunch of other stupidity.

Quote from Mountaindewzilla :
I imagine that a pretty big fraction of registered users only played LFS once or twice, but the fact remains that 40 people is a drop in the bucket.

If the number is 36000, then about .1% of the registered users were online. Just saying.
That's still 36000 world wide licenced users. It still doesn't change that "sunday evening" in PDT is still the middle of the night for the majority of LFS users.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :That's still 36000 world wide licenced users. It still doesn't change that "sunday evening" in PDT is still the middle of the night for the majority of LFS users.

Nah, man. I thought you meant 36000 in North America. That's a touch more than half of what LFSW says. If we're talking global, and your estimate is accurate, the number would have been around 1.3% online.
Your estimate is over a million users off from what LFSW says.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove here, other than the same thing that I am trying to prove.

I'd be interested to see some "real" stats, but you know how Scavier is.
Quote from Neon145 :i mean that demo has 1 boring track and 3 boring cars...

Why you don't going play Real Racing 3 with over more then 60 Licensed cars, Real Tracks and a awsome Real Players with Time-Shiffted-Multiplayer! You should try that, then your bored level will alot lower than now!

Getting Boring...
(78 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG