The online racing simulator
PC build help
(13 posts, started )
#1 - teczr
PC build help
Hey guys, I need help on building a gaming pc, I have a £450 budget, no need for keyboards,mouses & monitors, that sorted, I'm no computer wiz, and im looking for a build that will run LFS, & rFactor on maxed out settings.
Any help will be appreciated!
do you need windows as well, or do you have it (in any way)
Well LFS will run maxed out on quite a cheap machine.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Well LFS will run maxed out on quite a cheap machine.

Indeed but he stated he wants a PC to run rFactor maxed out as well. I can tell from my experience, the early days of my simracing, LFS ran well maxed out, just some lagspikes here and there but rFactor only worked with the lowest settings to play properly.

The PC was very poor, a pre-built office PC from 2003, still used in 2011
Thank god I have this decent gaming PC now.
Basic outline of the system:

An Ivy Bridge-gen Core i3 processor with a compat. small form factor motherboard
AMD Radeon HD 7770/90
8GB DDR3 RAM (of course that's the least you can go for today, though an overkill. 4GB might do as well.)
500-600W power supply
A fitting case which will fit your motherboard if you need one

With those suggested, you can go around looking for the specific price or brand you like that will fit your budget. (That is if my suggestions do even fit the budget lol)
Quote from hiroshima guy :Basic outline of the system:

An Ivy Bridge-gen Core i3 processor with a compat. small form factor motherboard
AMD Radeon HD 7770/90
8GB DDR3 RAM (of course that's the least you can go for today, though an overkill. 4GB might do as well.)
500-600W power supply
A fitting case which will fit your motherboard if you need one

With those suggested, you can go around looking for the specific price or brand you like that will fit your budget. (That is if my suggestions do even fit the budget lol)

I think it's better to get an AMD processor for budget gaming. Price/quality is way better
#7 - teczr
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :do you need windows as well, or do you have it (in any way)

Yes, I have Windows 8.
Quote from teczr :Yes, I have Windows 8.

then I would suggest this:
AMD FX-8350 cpu 182 euro's/156.53 pounds
Thermaltake Contac 39 cpu cooler 36 euro's/30.96 pounds
ASUS M5A78L LE 54 motherboard 54 euro's/46.44 pounds
LEPA N500-SA-EU 500W power supply 42 euro's/36.12 pounds
XFX HD7790 Core Edition (FX-779A-ZNJ4) video card 128 euro's/110.09 pounds
GeIL 8 GB DDR3-1333 RAM 57 euro's/49.02 pounds
then you have 26 euro's/22.36 pounds for a case

Those prices are dutch, so I don't know how the prices are in the UK. Also shipping/montage is not included in all this.

As for performance, this has a better cpu and video card than me, and I play everything at highest settings. Also there will be more and more games who will support 8 core rendering and such with the new consoles comin gout (don't know if you ever play such games).
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :then I would suggest this:
AMD FX-8350 cpu 182 euro's/156.53 pounds
Thermaltake Contac 39 cpu cooler 36 euro's/30.96 pounds
ASUS M5A78L LE 54 motherboard 54 euro's/46.44 pounds
LEPA N500-SA-EU 500W power supply 42 euro's/36.12 pounds
XFX HD7790 Core Edition (FX-779A-ZNJ4) video card 128 euro's/110.09 pounds
GeIL 8 GB DDR3-1333 RAM 57 euro's/49.02 pounds
then you have 26 euro's/22.36 pounds for a case

Those prices are dutch, so I don't know how the prices are in the UK. Also shipping/montage is not included in all this.

As for performance, this has a better cpu and video card than me, and I play everything at highest settings. Also there will be more and more games who will support 8 core rendering and such with the new consoles comin gout (don't know if you ever play such games).

great, but for me i prefer to replace the HD 7790 by an 7850 or GTX660 for 160€.
Quote from lfsrm :great, but for me i prefer to replace the HD 7790 by an 7850 or GTX660 for 160€.

budget mate
I'd recommend checking out the FX-6300 CPU; it gets good reviews as a budget gaming CPU & is very cheap. The money saved could go towards a HD7850 GPU, although I quite like the HD7790 too.

If I were building now I'd go for something like that.
-
(RandomnessInside) DELETED by RandomnessInside : blind...

PC build help
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG