The online racing simulator
T7R Racing Server - S2 License Only
Hi All,

If anybody is interested was going to bring T7R Racing Server up tonight, dedicated and running Airio. It will be a XFG/XRG class, with a 2% restriction on the XRG to make it closer.

To compensate this restriction, I will be using slightly larger tracks which should make for close racing, i.e

FE Gold, Aston Grand Touring, Westhill, KY national, SO Long.

Server will be public shortly, just making a few more tweaks.

Hoping to get the "fun" back in to LFS with a close class racing throughout the field, paint swapping that is allowed to a certain degree and the good old fashioned banter

Hopefully see you there

Fordie
Probably isnt the best night for it with Cargame S2 also doing STD Saturdays, if youre looking for a big grid.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Probably isnt the best night for it with Cargame S2 also doing STD Saturdays, if youre looking for a big grid.

Hi Isaac, I am not looking to compete against Cargame, as they are established, always full and from what I have heard good fun ( if you want all the cars as a choice)

I am just offering an added alternative option for racers

Fordie
#4 - Litro
Server is private.
Quote from Fordman :Hi Isaac, I am not looking to compete against Cargame, as they are established, always full and from what I have heard good fun ( if you want all the cars as a choice)

I am just offering an added alternative option for racers

Fordie

I meant more just that im sure some people who are on CG would have joined your server on another day. But okay
So.... I'm back!

Decided to download LFS again last night when I realised I had a 2GB iRacing update. This really is a great little game and I thoroughly enjoyed my races last night!

I'd be up for another spin this week!
Quote from nikimere :So.... I'm back!

Decided to download LFS again last night when I realised I had a 2GB iRacing update. This really is a great little game and I thoroughly enjoyed my races last night!

I'd be up for another spin this week!

Yay Welcome back Niki. Hopefully see you online sometime soon

Fordie
are you sure about the 2% res on xrg?, in CG saturdays xfg's are as fast as xrg's on any track depending on the drivers
#9 - troy
While I don't agree on the 2% restriction saying that xrg and xfg are as fast on most tracks isn't true. xrg is faster on almost any track, but I do think that they're better off if you balance it with extra weight, the xrg just needs to be a bit slower midcorner and on acceleration.
I found the 2% on some threads here on balancing the two cars, as the XRG is faster on almost all tracks as you say Troy.

Adding weight, will have to look in to Airio settings for this, as I am still learning, but defo a possibility, and if so, how much?

Fordie
So any suggestions on how much weight to add??

AI really doesn't help that much, and I can't drive the XRG for love nor money

Fordie
Adding weight wouldnt be fair imo. I think you should stick with the 2% restriction.
#13 - troy
Sorry had no time to do some proper testing yesterday, now got some in and I think 50kg for the xrg is a good place to start. If you intend to try that it would be nice if you could wipe your airio stats just so you get some proper numbers to compare. With this the xrg is ultimately still a bit faster I'd say but it should be a lot easier for the xfg to keep up on the faster tracks while actually being able to overtake xrg's on slower tracks after the bad start it will be having.

Quote : Adding weight wouldnt be fair imo. I think you should stick with the 2% restriction.

And why is that if you don't mind me asking? I do think it makes a lot more sense to work with weight on such low powered cars, it will make the braking zone a bit longer for the xrg, which is a good thing because it's so much better on the brakes with it's abs, while not killing it's top speed and grunt out of the corners too much so it still has a fighting chance on tracks with slow to mid fastish corners. Tyre wear/heat isn't really a problem too since the xrg is pretty well balanced.
Quote from troy :Sorry had no time to do some proper testing yesterday, now got some in and I think 50kg for the xrg is a good place to start. If you intend to try that it would be nice if you could wipe your airio stats just so you get some proper numbers to compare. With this the xrg is ultimately still a bit faster I'd say but it should be a lot easier for the xfg to keep up on the faster tracks while actually being able to overtake xrg's on slower tracks after the bad start it will be having.

And why is that if you don't mind me asking? I do think it makes a lot more sense to work with weight on such low powered cars, it will make the braking zone a bit longer for the xrg, which is a good thing because it's so much better on the brakes with it's abs, while not killing it's top speed and grunt out of the corners too much so it still has a fighting chance on tracks with slow to mid fastish corners. Tyre wear/heat isn't really a problem too since the xrg is pretty well balanced.

Thanks for that Troy. I will look in to adding the weight and not sure how to remove stats from Airio, again will need to look this up, but thanks for testing

Fordie

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG