The online racing simulator
Editing objects??
(10 posts, started )
Editing objects??
Hi guys

I'm wondering if someone can shed some light on the subject of custom objects? I wish to change some objects in lfs and so my question is...

Where might I find the files for the track side ambulance and other such files? there are trucks too in blackwood behind the pits can I change those or are those actually part of the map?

I am making a short movie and i want to replace the ambulance as a starter with this http://img.planespotters.net/p ... anespottersNet_336429.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated

G4V
Objects like ambulances etc. are with restricted shape - you can change only it's appearance (color) by editing dds files,but you cannot change their shape and make helicopter out of a car.

Get some dds converter or plugin and check files from lfs\data\dds yourself,then you will see,what can you edit!
Hi I found the actual model used in lfs for free download.Its a rectangular box object, I was hoping I could use a 3d editing program to simply swap the entire model over providing I could re-size and convert the Heli model to a format LFS reads? And not make a helicopter from anything...

Im probably missing something..

Cheers!

G4V
Quote from Eclipsed :Objects like ambulances etc. are with restricted shape - you can change only it's appearance (color) by editing dds files,but you cannot change their shape and make helicopter out of a car.

Get some dds converter or plugin and check files from lfs\data\dds yourself,then you will see,what can you edit!

Yeah I use DDS a lot
In that case you have to go much deeper with editing by editing track files (files in wld folder I guess,not sure though),but since it's an online racing simulator,I can't see a point of that,as this will make your client uncompatible online.
Quote from Eclipsed :In that case you have to go much deeper with editing by editing track files (files in wld folder I guess,not sure though),but since it's an online racing simulator,I can't see a point of that,as this will make your client uncompatible online.

Its not solely a multiplayer sim hence why there is a Singleplayer tab and this is for Singleplayer movie Idea...

I am all to aware of the doo's and don'ts in multiplayer
Ill check out that folder

Thanks!
You can always try to contact the guy who made that modded ramps, and see if he can help you to make the object you want
Quote from Specht77 :You can always try to contact the guy who made that modded ramps, and see if he can help you to make the object you want

I guess? Seems kinda far fetched though If I'm honest..People have much more important stuff to do I'm sure...

Thanks for the suggestion though buddy

Editing objects??
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG