The online racing simulator
Formula E
(122 posts, started )
I was a bit turned off due to the fan boost, but when you consider it's like having soft tyres that wear more but overall give the same performance over a race distance I'm perfectly fine with it.

The driver quality though is surpurb, plenty of ex-F1 drivers that are tbh drivers that could be in F1 right now and all seem to be in the prime age of their career.

Legge is the only driver I see that really will be out of their element in talent.
The cars are not fast. Slower even than F3. Considerably.

So in that respect, talent may be of lesser importance. What difficult is managing the energy - when to coast, when to regen, when to do neither. Whilst driving. Whilst racing. Perhaps then, the stereotype of women being better as multitasking will confer a competitive advantage over perhaps "quicker" males.

Who knows?! I don't really care. The reduction of fossil fuel consumption for the championship (if any) is cancelled out by the shipping, the fans driving and the manufacture of twice the number of cars necessary. Therefore anyone who genuinely thinks this is a good championship ( compared to its goals) must be an idiot.
Quote from tristancliffe :The cars are not fast. Slower even than F3. Considerably.

So in that respect, talent may be of lesser importance. What difficult is managing the energy - when to coast, when to regen, when to do neither. Whilst driving. Whilst racing. Perhaps then, the stereotype of women being better as multitasking will confer a competitive advantage over perhaps "quicker" males.

Who knows?! I don't really care. The reduction of fossil fuel consumption for the championship (if any) is cancelled out by the shipping, the fans driving and the manufacture of twice the number of cars necessary. Therefore anyone who genuinely thinks this is a good championship ( compared to its goals) must be an idiot.

/Steve Ryder's introduction to live coverage on ITV4.
Quote from tristancliffe :The cars are not fast. Slower even than F3. Considerably.

Well Tristan many cars are slower than F3 actually and these cars are still faster than F4 and if you give them slick tyres they will also be a bit quicker than what they are ... Anyway whoever saying these cars are simply shit because there are slower than a state of art petrol seater is just non-sense. If racing electric was faster at its current stage of development everyone in motorsport would really looks stupid as no-one have yet try to move to full electric before ... Almost everyone is racing petrol since the early age of motorsport when petrol car eventually seemed to have a slight advantage over the other technologies (electric being only one of the others).

Truth is that petrol engines and their technology have been developed for more than one century, on-board electric have pretty much just started! Few years ago such a "fast" electric car wasn't really possible. Energy storage is the challenge like many other aspects of petrol engine were back in the days. Motorsport bring a lot of improvement on it over the years and that's pretty much what Formula E is trying to do. If in few years you get audi, Renault, Mercedes,... powertrains into it, you will be sure that they will make massive improvement on it which will be beneficial not only for these cars performance but also simply for industry and then this championship will be a good thing and anyone denying it would be idiot.

Then yes, this is pure marketing but Le Mans is pure marketing also for Audi and Porsche (yeah no constructor is racing purely for the sake of racing fast cars), yes these cars doesn't make a noise which is as sexy as a old good Matra V12, yes there are some wierd rules (i have to agree on the car change...) but at the end of the day that's just different than what we know, let's first have a look at how it actually looks like before judging. I saw the car during its development and tbh that's still quite interesting to watch.

Then racing will be quite a lot about the strategy you use to manage your energy but don't forget that's what is being done this year in F1 and Le Mans. Even if F1 doesn't look any better than before, Le Mans was fantastic with 3 constructor having completely different approach. There is still no women in factory LMP1 teams as far as I know and believe me you better have some drivers than some others. That's already quite a long time a driver isn't only driving but is the extension of an engineering team. Wait and see, if the racing is shit, as a proper frenchman I will be the first to moan but I still expect racing drivers to be racing drivers and to give these cars some proper fight. Slow cars doesn't means bad races; believe me a french formula 4 race even at Pau street circuit is more exciting than a Formula One boring race.
Quote from MoMo92i :There is still no women in factory LMP1 teams as far as I know

Audi has a female race engineer since some time.
I was talking about drivers ofc in regards to what Tristan said about women and multitasking. Leena is a great engineer and deserve her job not because she is a woman than can do several thing at the same time because she is a woman but simply a great race engineer. Same for all the drivers in factories teams, one day there may be a woman driving a LMp1 not because she has a better ability to deal with several task but simply because she would be fast, race clever and give good feedback to its team.
Indeed. It will happen. It won't happen whilst less talented women are pushed into categories they aren't ready for. I've had female engineers in my own little team. Nothing wrong with women in motorsport at all.
The idea that women are better at multitasking is as far as I've understood a myth. That being said when I was stydying to become an engineer we had women in our class as well and from my pov they are just as good engineers as the rest of us.

As for women racing drivers menstrual cycles could be problematic though.
race is live on sky (google for stream or something)
last 6 laps
What a finish. Glad heidfeld is OK.
stupid move by prost. Also, FIA, REMOVE THE FUCKIGN SAUSAGE CERB
now that I look at it, did Prost just do the same move as his dad did on senna, but he just lost the championship because of it?
Heidfeld was literally a few cm away from landing head first into that wall. Prost, what an incompetent knob.
I'm sorry, but prost deserves a race ban. This is unacceptable
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :I'm sorry, but prost deserves a race ban. This is unacceptable

You can't post your thoughts in 1 single post, but in 5 posts?
Also, fp Prost
Quote from Iginla :
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :I'm sorry, but prost deserves a race ban. This is unacceptable

You can't post your thoughts in 1 single post, but in 5 posts?
Also, fp Prost

technically I could
#97 - troy
A complete **** scumbag, he shouldn't be allowed near anything that facilitates the possibility of injury to others.
"...I tried to move to the right..."
That guy is out of touch with reality.
#100 - CSF
Nicholas Senna.

Formula E
(122 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG