The online racing simulator
An expression of LFS thought.
(141 posts, started )
I'm still here. Silently watching from the shadows. A strange, funny looking teddy bear shaped outline that s******s to itself every once in a while.

Come on Scavier, I need an excuse to piss off the Girlfriend and get the ol' G25 out the cupboard.

-Edit. Apparently I can't use a word that means to chortle, or to laugh to oneself at something that is possible an in joke. It's a word that has two 'g's, an 'e', an 'r', a 'i', and a 'n'. That's right, I got censored for using the word 'Ginger'.
Yo Funnybear, nice to see you still about, and still with a Teddybear for love , so how can Scavier help you annoy your fury friend....oh wait I see.....Its Ginger
It's even worse for all the people in S****horpe. They get discriminated against for having a derogatory word for the female anatomy in their city name.
In the future, swear filters will be sophisticated enough to distinguish between vulgarity and proper names.

Quote from Be2K :...ask the community for help...

I don't know but I've been told that Scawen hired someone to help with the physics at some point.
Something tells me that Scawen would much rather call an engineering firm or a university than post on here.

I said before "At least he hasn't gone all Phil Fish on us". At least Phil Fish comes back.
I know moderators do not get paid for what they do so after a while it can become boring.
Still I think moderators should service the forum instead of ranting about these same ever repeating things.
You have the power to make a difference by doing small things.
For example since years the league section has many inactive subforums, making it very cluttered. Why is nobody sorting that out?
Sure, it is not exciting as an LX8 but if new players can more easily find which leagues are currently running that is a nice thing, too.
I'm sure if some of us generated a list and messaged it to Vic, he could clean that up for us as well.
I'd love to hear some news from Scawen (hope your kids are doing fine, mate!). Meanwhile I just run RBR.
Quote from Velocity. :Yeah we really should change that to B2P (born to practice)

Hehe yeah right vel I know you like too race .......... And many more but there aren't many close racings going on I personally don't like Multi class and race is only fun when it's close racing.

Thats why saturday at cargame Always fun

Often I'm on demo server and i see most are liced wonder why

Personally i would like rainy and night racing but don't know if that works becourse all wanna do best laps. Sunset and Windy tracks allmost never used but i like that too.

And when I look stats most complainers here on forum .... I see they hardly raced.

So don't complain let them work or not and get on track and have some fun.

It's us making lfs fun or not.
Quote from Gutholz :I know moderators do not get paid for what they do so after a while it can become boring.
Still I think moderators should service the forum instead of ranting about these same ever repeating things.
You have the power to make a difference by doing small things.
For example since years the league section has many inactive subforums, making it very cluttered. Why is nobody sorting that out?
Sure, it is not exciting as an LX8 but if new players can more easily find which leagues are currently running that is a nice thing, too.

Thats actually a very good point. I almost missed the GTI Trophey, as that forum is over clutted.

Yeah come on Mod's, sort it out ( its OK, they know me enough to know I am joking with that tone )

Fordie
Wasn't that an early version of what now is South City?
Quote from Udris1992 :http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/File:Gtt_miami.jpg wtf

That's a really really old screenshot. What's been assumed is that track became basically what South City is. Although who knows what will happen

It isn't South City (at least as we know it) as that section doesn't exist anywhere on the current track. Unless it's actually leading to those other roads that are on the outside of the freeway at SO.
A few early tracks were scrapped and never got finished for released.
That's not to say, in blind speculation mode (BLIND SPECULATION MODE!!!) that they couldn't be unscrapped, brought up to modern LFS standards and released at some point eventually.

Possibly.

In total, 100% unfounded speculation.

I don't know how much clearer I can make that I am speaking entirely in speculation with no facts.

Bob, put some pants on pls.
I think the tools have changed somewhat since they were last made, and the design of the tracks was likely the real issue so they weren't fun to drive. It would likely be quicker to start a new one from scratch.

As a designer, it is important to know that not all designs work. Better we get the ones that do, and than to polish a turd for release.
I check the official website and the forum once or twice per year, still hoping to see some news. I had sooo much good time in the game from 2002 to 2008 that I just can't forget it. No other sim came close.
Given that, I will never complain that updates are taking too long or that devs are not talking enough. I hope and wait.

An expression of LFS thought.
(141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG