The online racing simulator
Team Inferno Setup name reference
(10 posts, started )
Hello all - I've been doing alot of moaning about driving standards at the moment, so i decided to take some time out and do something useful!

I used to download the files from Team Inferno's setup field and rename them myself individually, but with the setup pack being 1 click away on there now its too much of a chore in comparison. So i have decided to list what name relates to what. I hope some of you find it useful. I just have ithis list sat next to my desk, if i change track, just one glance and you have a good base setup without renaming them all as you download!

BL1 - BL GP
BL2 - BL RallyX

SO1- SO Classic
SO2- SO Sprint1
SO3- SO Sprint2
SO4- SO Long
SO5- SO Town

FE1 - FE Club
FE2 - FE Green
FE3 - FE Gold
FE4 - FE Black
FE5 - FE RallyX
FE6 - FE RallyX Green

AS1 - AS Cadet
AS2 - AS Club
AS3 - AS National
AS4 - AS Historic
AS5 - AS GP
AS6 - AS GT
AS7 - AS North

KY1 - KY Oval
KY2 - KY National
KY3 - KY GP

WE1 - WE International

The higher the number of the set (e.g Name1548 or Name1684) the faster the quickest lap done with that set is.

Hope this helps someone.
You okay mate, lol
That's fairly well known info for most of us, probably best to stick that in the beginners subforum.
Quote from Metalstar :The higher the number of the set (e.g Name1548 or Name1684) the faster the quickest lap done with that set is.

Wrong. I believe that number is just the setup's ID number for the site. For some sets, they have a similar number within 1 digit. Others it is a bit different. This is probably because admins have deleted some setups and the numbers are kind of uneven. But if you notice the dates on the setups, the oldest ones have the lowest number, and the newest ones have the highest number in the filename
okey dokey.

I just got asked a couple of times in servers when i said where my sets were from.

Quote from Metalstar :Hello all - I've been doing alot of moaning about driving standards at the moment, so i decided to take some time out and do something useful!

Thanks. I used the table to write a short Perl script to rename my sets:

%t=(
bl=>["gp","rally"],
so=>["classic","spr1","spr2","long","town"],
fe=>["club","green","gold","black","rally","rallygr"],
as=>["cadet","club","nat","hist","gp","gt","north"],
ky=>["oval","nat","gp"],
we=>["int"],
);
@f=glob("*.set");
for(@f){
/(.*?)_([a-z]{2})(\d)(r?)(-[a-z]+|)_(.*)/i;
$n=$t{$2}[$3-1];
rename("$1_$2$3$4$5_$6","$1_$2$3$4-${n}_$6") if $n;
}

It will add the name after the track symbol, so for example GT_as7r_erase1288.set becomes GT_as7r-north_erase1288.set
Forget it, most sets won't load after renaming, because "name too long". :doh:
thats a shame, maybe there is a quick way of doing this that we dont know about!
i dont know, but what team inferno should do is have it so when you click download all that it downloads the fastest and thats it, minus all the numbers at the end would be fantastic
nice one Metalstar....i always forget which is which and have to disconnect and check out the circuit lists on single player!

Cheers mate

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG