The online racing simulator
how to make the skins bigger
iv made four skins for fxr, fzr, xrr, fz5
i tryed to upload them but they are to small im using paint as thats all iv got. it says it need to be 1024 but mine are 512
how can i make it bigger with out losing the quality
thanks
You'd lose quality if you resized them from 512 to 1024.... because upscalling makes things blurry (for a bitmap image).

So you'd have to start all over if you want to do them at 1024 and get the proper quality for the skin. But if you don't care about the blurring, you could attach the 512 skins here and someone could resize them for you.

Some other tips:

-Don't use Paint to make skins
-Download a trial version of some painting software with more powerful tools and features

-There are also free paint programs like GIMP
thanks for the help tweaker
Err... how does upscaling make things blurry?
If you resize a 512 image to 1024 and zoom in it will look more pixellated. thats what he means.
I still don't get it. Maybe it's a special artifact for Paint or something, but if you resize it with Paint Shop Pro for example, there will be absolutely no change when upsizing. It won't add any detail, but there won't be any quality loss either.
Don't worry about it then, the question has been answered.
Quote from AndroidXP :I still don't get it. Maybe it's a special artifact for Paint or something, but if you resize it with Paint Shop Pro for example, there will be absolutely no change when upsizing. It won't add any detail, but there won't be any quality loss either.

In PSP if you upscale by using the "Pixel Re-Size" option, then no, quality will be exactly the same at double the size. There will just be 4 pixels for every 1 of the smaller res file. HOWEVER, PSP's default setting is "Smart Size" which tries to create new pixels, making it blurry.

Photoshop I do not believe has a pixel resize function, so it will always make things blurry when you make them bigger. I could be wrong on that though.

MAGGOT
#9 - Gunn
Quality will never be the same when upsizing a jpg image.
#10 - siLc
Yeah, but I`m interested too knowing how to make skins bigger with PSP9
use one of Bunta's excellent skin kits, they are 2048 sized, use them as the basis for painting a new skin. Don't paint a smaller skin then enlarge it. Paint a large image from the start to preserve quality abnd make the skin more precise. Then resize them to 1024 to post on the forum and lfs world. That is the best way to use a big skin and get really good quality.
The skin kits can be found on the Master Skinnerz forum.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG