The online racing simulator
Server connection problems
(6 posts, started )
Hello everyone,
I run a LFS server on a host. Recently the server sometimes just disappears from the server list and no more players can join, but players that are on the server still can keep playing - as well as the server is able to be accessed by lfs remote. After ending the race and starting it again the server goes back to normal for some time, then the same stuff repeats.
On the same host there are more servers running, but never happens to more than one server simultaneously. Also it always happens to the server used the most.

I had a look at the log file.
Jul 10 11:25:37 NET ERROR : WOULDBLOCK
Jul 10 11:25:37 Auto reconnection to master
After these entrys players didn't join on the server anymore (so I suppose it's unreachable from this point on).

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and maybe as well how to fix this?
Please tell me if you need more information.

Best regards,
Souji
You are running multiple hosts on a server, which attracts people but we need to guess who you are? Why is that?
// OK I figured it out already. (don't understand why LFSW reports your servers are S1 while in the serverlist its demo but OK).

Are you running on a VPS, with Linux? Thats probably the case and if so, I experienced what you experiencing now and it's not fixable because you cannot change the working of a VPS. Get a dedicated server.

Aww, damn, this is very disappointing... I hoped it might be a configuration problem :S

Well, thank you for your answer of course.

P.S.:
Uhm, about the guessing part... I just didn't think it was important, sorry
Actually it is.

Otherwise I skipped this topic completely. Some people run illegal stuff and they expect here help too (or in private messages)

And it actually is a configuration problem but I doubt your current VPS provider is going to do anything about it. With a dedi you have everything under control, including sysctl.conf settings and kernel types. It's also not much more expensive then a VPS option.

// But it seems you got tricked with a 24 month contract right? Welcome in Germany

Hi cargame.nl,
thank you for your answer. I didn't know those *censored* guys running illegal servers would dare to ask qurestions here ;x so impudent.

Anyway, I've been able to find the sysctl.conf file in /etc. Do you know what I'd have to change here so I can try out if it works, because I don't really want to switch over to a "real" dedicated server, because it'll cost about four times as much as I have to pay per month :S

Oh and btw. no, I didn't get tricked (I think)
I leased the server about 2 years ago with a 12 month contract. Back then I didn't even think I would be able to run game servers on it, but ofc I started to try out stuff once I understood the basics.
The problem that one of the hosts disappears from the lfs server list is new to me. Sometimes I could not connect to the server with SSH, but since I'm using CentOS that issue almost disappeared completely. Uhm well, but that's another story.
Quote from Sakaida Soujiro :I'm using CentOS

Quote from Sakaida Soujiro :
Anyway, I've been able to find the sysctl.conf file in /etc. Do you know what I'd have to change here so I can try out if it works,

Save yourself from the hazzle because it won't work. VPS node instances don't listen to sysctl.conf or other config files which influences the kernel. The 'overruling' config is effective but you cannot alter that because you are not the VPS admin. My experience is that new kernels (3.x and above => uname -a) don't work that good for hosting LFS. (understatement)

Quote from Sakaida Soujiro :because I don't really want to switch over to a "real" dedicated server, because it'll cost about four times as much as I have to pay per month :S

Well.. I don't know if you are really from Germany (doesn't matter much) but these prices are too expensive for you?
https://www.ovh.de/dedicated_server/isgenug.xml

If so, you can always try one of the LFS server hosters on this forum. Although I understand some want 100% control themselves on their servers

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG