The online racing simulator
Good call.

PCIE 3.0 is backwards compatible, so you're fine even if the mobo only supports 2.0.

That's actually the non-boost cards review, boost version is much closer to 660, that's why it's such a kickass value for money card. When overclocked, it can actually outrun the 660.

http://anandtech.com/show/6838 ... tx-650-ti-boost-review-/9
35 FPS on ultra. That will do
PSU came today, got it installed and sending the GT 610 back for a refund. I will lose about 13 of the 50 dollars due to shipping and restock fee though :/.

PSU went in fine. Rosewill seems like it has good build quality so far, like how the wires weren't just all lose and messed up.
Although it's too late now, just thought I would mention since nobody else did, when buying a GPU, lower last digits usually mean low grade GPU.

Example being X10 VS X60

the 10 will always be a low grade GPU, regardless of the first digit.

If you go from a 240, you will want to get something like an X60, otherwise you can expect similar performance from the GPU, regardless of ram amount.

The lower digit GPU's always have lower clock speeds and fewer stream processors/Cuda cores.

Something I learned over the years.

Maybe this information will help someone else someday.
Not necessarily true. 7950 beats 7790 at absolutely everything, GTX 660 is faster than 570 and so on. It depends on the generation of the GPU, sometimes even a lower tier card (going by their model numbers) can beat higher tier cards of previous generation.

With 240/610 that isn't the case however, as the 610 is pretty much just a renamed 210.
It hard to use the lower digit model number comparison with ATI cards because ATI only uses 50, 70 and 90 for their end model numbers whereas nvidia uses a larger range of number for its cards.

Basically, when buying a gfx card you want to compare the GPU clock speed and the number of stream processors or CUDA cores.

This is the point I was trying to make.

Also your statement about the 610 and 210 is False.

610 =
GPU Engine Specs:
48 CUDA Cores
810 Graphics Clock (MHz)
1620 Processor Clock (MHz)

210 =
GPU Engine Specs
16 CUDA Cores
589 Graphics Clock (MHz)
1402 Processor Clock (MHz)

Quite an obvious difference in the cards. But still likely to have similar performance because they are low grade cards.
Quote from edge3147 :Basically, when buying a gfx card you want to compare the GPU clock speed and the number of stream processors or CUDA cores.

Memory bandwidth is also important however. If the card is choked by a narrow bus, no amount of CUDA cores or high clocks will help you if the framebuffer can't push the pixels to the screen quick enough.

Quote from edge3147 :
Also your statement about the 610 and 210 is False.

Yeah you're correct, I remembered 210 having the specs of 220 which the 610 was actually rebranded from.
How do i know if i need to plug it into a pci ex x 16 or just pci express slot.

Are they different looking? Does it matter? I think my mb has 1 of each (unless that thing in specs means they are all compatible)
Quote from Bmxtwins :How do i know if i need to plug it into a pci ex x 16 or just pci express slot.

Are they different looking? Does it matter? I think my mb has 1 of each (unless that thing in specs means they are all compatible)

you'll know
card works, but the HDMI port is too small for my HDMI chords, its like MSI didn't make the port considering that some plugs may have a thicker medal layer. Luckily came with a VGA adapter.

Broke the lock off my PCI E slot lol... hopefully it don't wiggle loose. Will share my experiences when I get drivers set
Quote from Bmxtwins :card works, but the HDMI port is too small for my HDMI chords, its like MSI didn't make the port considering that some plugs may have a thicker medal layer. Luckily came with a VGA adapter.

Broke the lock off my PCI E slot lol... hopefully it don't wiggle loose. Will share my experiences when I get drivers set

sure its hdmi and not a display port?
Well, the HDMI finally fit. Had to force it a bit. Can play BF3 on ultra pretty smoothly, well the campaign atleast.

It has a display port as well btw. Card seems good. Runs very cool, just barely fits in my pc tho.

as you can see the ports are labeled :P

issue has returned but the display driver recovers. Can't be drivers tried multiple. Only happens in iR, but I would like it to not happen at all. It makes my screen go black for a solid 15 seconds as what appears to be a warning appears and minimizes iracing temporarily.

https://forums.geforce.com/def ... driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-/
The real WTF is iRacing.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The real WTF is iRacing.

+1. But I must say their tech support is excellent. Susan got on remote access with me and trouble shot. She suggested a reformat if possible because of some odd .sys files in my windows32. I deleted them. YOLO right.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG