The online racing simulator
OpenWheel [Kickstarter]
(19 posts, started )
OpenWheel [Kickstarter]
OpenWheel @ Kickstarter.

Not sure if I'm gonna drop money on it, mostly because I need to kick the Kickstarter habit, but I thought others might be interested.

Not a word on physics that I can see thus far, but it appears to have a lot of the points about LFS that I enjoy - such as pick up racing, etc.
System requirements?
A functional PC, a screen and an input device.

However, these are rumours.

This honestly doesn't look interesting at all. It might be fun, but I don't see what should make this any special? The graphics would be nice around 5 years ago, and most 'features' are not really interesting enough. I hope the physics compensate though.
Quote from Bose321 :This honestly doesn't look interesting at all. It might be fun, but I don't see what should make this any special?

Updates and a lack of a subscription appeals, assuming the physics+netcode are good
Quote from the_angry_angel :Updates and a lack of a subscription appeals, assuming the physics+netcode are good

So basically LFS, but with updates is what we all want?
I pity da foo'
Dustin, you should find this interesting, since it has no gay subscription like iRacing does. Who knows, maybe the physics will be good.
Isn't this the company that Bob Smith works for?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Isn't this the company that Bob Smith works for?

I thought bob worked directly for Eutechnyx.. but I could be wrong.
I think you're right about Bob, however this looks like the V1 game quite a bit.
Quote from PMD9409 :I think you're right about Bob, however this looks like the V1 game quite a bit.

I reckon it's probably an iteration on it as a. Base.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I thought bob worked directly for Eutechnyx.. but I could be wrong.

IIRC he got laid off/fired from them at one point.
This is the same group that posted here about the Indy 500 game iirc
Not going to support this, looks quite bad physics wise and not worth my time and/or money.
Not even a slight chance that it will get funded.
I have to agree. There's nothing exciting about this at all, and if they truly feel they have a "solid and realistic physics system" they should release a demo, not expect people to believe that on the basis of a poor video. Search for a random rFactor open wheel mod and it will probably look more convincing than this does.
Same here. Going up against so much right now.
Single seaters, blah. Boring.
Yeah, not even the slightest chance they make it. They haven't even got 7k yet.

OpenWheel [Kickstarter]
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG