The online racing simulator
No S3? Fair enough. But consider the following.
Face it, the VW Scirocco and Rockingham are disappointing people who can't deal with reality - they won't be released for a long time. Fair enough.

However, I have an idea that would be easy for the team of Scawen, Bailey and Vlaardingen. Listen up.

Car allocation

First, in order to accommodate new cars, we need a second page on the car selection screen.

http://i.imgur.com/umRRnhD.jpg

GTR cars would be moved to the second page.

http://i.imgur.com/Qds4zYO.png

This would allocate a lot of space to update pre-existing cars (and secure a spot for the VW Scirocco).

Updating pre-existing cars

The great thing about LFS is that it uses [mostly] fictional road cars. This gives the game developers almost unlimited opportunities to make many variations of an automobile, the XRG being the best contestant, sporting the modest FR-S/GT86 type of handling, up to the Porsche 944 Turbo handling of the XRT, and of course the Nurburgring-gargling XRR.

There are few cars that could use some other variations, the best example being the FZ50.

How can you have a car based off of the 911 but only one road version? Think about the 911 Carrera 2, Carrera 4, Carrera Turbo, GT3, etc.

Due to this, I recommend an additional FZ50: an all-wheel drive, turbocharged, paddleshift gearbox with huge air ducts in the rear quarter panels and a big spoiler.

http://puu.sh/38Hq0.jpg
http://puu.sh/38HqE.jpg

Now, I am a fan of the RWD, manual FZ50, but a maxed-out one with AWD, turbocharging, and a paddleshift gearbox would be nice for a change. Maybe even be able to select between H-pattern and paddleshift, sort of like you can select between roof/no roof on the LX Series vehicles? (Codename: FZT)

The XF GTI... a proper fun hatchback. But where is the turbocharged version with a bunch of front-wheel drive wheelspin and some unnecessary torque steer? Perhaps a nicer body kit, that can appeal to your average 17 year old kebab shop worker who drives a Peugeot 205. (Codename: XFT)

The FXO is fun and fast, but slow cars can be fun too, just like the UF1. How about an FXO without the angry-looking head lights, without the rear spoiler (and without the rear integrated lip) and remove the turbo. Give it an underpowered 120hp flat-4 mated to 5-speed manual with revised gear ratios. Slow cars are fun! (Codename: XFO, rename normal XFO to XFT due to it being turbocharged)

The XRG and XRT could use a convertible variant. The looks of it would remind me of a Mazda RX7 FC convertible, which is not exactly a bad-looking car. (Codename: XRC, C for Cabriolet)

http://i.imgur.com/hMfe85e.jpg

I don't even like convertibles and I like this. Like the LX Series, give the options to remove the roof in the main Info menu of the car.

Final thoughts

Well there you go LFS team/community. I provided 5 ideas of cars that could make it into the game with simple engine tuning. Even the average LFS Tweak amateur would be able to pull this off. All you need is a dedicated modeler who can make simple modifications to vehicles' 3D models, which is not a hard task considering you have the original to work with.

If you don't like my car proposals, suggest your own. Remember, we moved the GTR cars to Page 2 of the vehicle selection screen, we have 8 vehicles to create. And the possibilities are unlimited: FZ5 Targa, UF1 GTI... so many combinations that the community may end up liking.

Like I said, Live for Speed is pretty damn good in the sense that it has unique vehicles, and we need to use this to our ability. We can make any variation of a car we want because we have freedom to do so. Give us a FZ50 inspired by a 996 Turbo. Give us a turbocharged XFG, inspired by a Golf GTI. Give us underpowered FXO's to use as fun-to-drive beaters.

Come on. Such a simple task with rewarding results. I truly think the community will like it.
All the TBOs could Use an econoversion, imo. So we'd have a econo and hot version of all the cars.
Quote from Beolex :Face it, the VW Scirocco and Rockingham are disappointing people who can't deal with reality

Are they people?
Quote from Beolex :Even the average LFS Tweak amateur would be able to pull this off. All you need is a dedicated modeler who can make simple modifications to vehicles' 3D models, which is not a hard task considering you have the original to work with.

That will be a problem since we only have Eric.
Nice suggestions!
Not sure about economized FXO,but would be a nice idea to have a downgraded version of RB4 - an RB2 with same engine but without turbocharger and only two wheel drive (FWD I guess) to fit it with STD class (maybe put it even in demo content) to make it just like most classes in LFS - with 3 cars. Well,just like it's real life example Toyota Celica is - GT and GT Four. Otherwise I don't see real point adding other cars in different versions. (other than LX8 )
Better would be to add some other different cars - something like LMP prototypes,something IndyCar-like (or for my taste rather something from late 90ies - CART car),buggies (full dirt track required though)... Oh,wait,I'll stop,it will end as a wishlist...
LFS has infinite possibilites. Yet, we hadn't had an proper update in years.

//edit: to hell with proper updates, we would be happy with 1 new car/track a year.. wouldn't we?
Quote from Beolex :
The XF GTI... a proper fun hatchback. But where is the turbocharged version with a bunch of front-wheel drive wheelspin and some unnecessary torque steer? Perhaps a nicer body kit, that can appeal to your average 17 year old kebab shop worker who drives a Peugeot 205. (Codename: XFT)

The FXO is fun and fast, but slow cars can be fun too, just like the UF1. How about an FXO without the angry-looking head lights, without the rear spoiler (and without the rear integrated lip) and remove the turbo. Give it an underpowered 120hp flat-4 mated to 5-speed manual with revised gear ratios. Slow cars are fun! (Codename: XFO, rename normal XFO to XFT due to it being turbocharged)

2 cars 1 name?!

Okey, okey... useless post. :thumbsdow
#9 - OTone
Another nice thread where all devs will not even consider to post a comment/give a feedback.

Nice suggestions though

LFS needs a proper rear mounted engine rear wheel drive car like the Honda NSX. Needs an American v8 muscle. Needs a race car version of RAC. Needs a "GT3RS like" FZ50. Needs seriously an update to the interior modelling in almost all cars. Needs at least one proper WRC car. Needs LMP cars. Needs classic cars. Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Not going to talk about tracks. lol

Doest it take SO MUCH effort to make lets say 1 car and 1 track a year? Outrageous.
Quote from OTone :Doest it take SO MUCH effort to make lets say 1 car and 1 track a year? Outrageous.

And Live for Speed is big, big money too... even in 2013 I've gotten friends to buy this game (in S2 variant) and give money to the developers. Just imagine how much money they make world-wide.

If they put in a LITTLE effort and made S3, they'd be making a lot of money. Scawen, Bailey, Vlaardingen... get to work. It will pay off, both money-wise and moral-wise.
LFS is not big with today's crowd it was big years ago sure. But now they have to compete with loads of other sim's coming out well i say loads of sims but only a few. example project cars been in development 3-4 years and they're already about to release it to buy in july. I know i am "new" to lfs with only being here 2 years but i my self am tired of waiting for a "good" update. ya open config is good but at same time it was kinda pointless. cause now there is more track bugs then before. Now for the vws all the hype for what? cause it is a branded car in a game? vws will deff be more top heavy then xfg so i can't see it handling to well with lfs current physics
Agreed, Project Cars looks stunning, but it seems like it has a less-sandbox gameplay than Live for Speed. With Live for Speed + LFS Tweak you can be entertained for some time making engines and driving around on custom tracks aimlessly.

I want a game that has the physics of Live for Speed, the open-world city/rural cruising maps like Test Drive Unlimited (2), the graphics of GT5, the customization of Forza, and nice online racing like Forza.

Why can't some big game developer get a hint and make something like this?
yea i agree with you there. i my self like games that are always being updated or has some progression on it. far as the LFS Tweaks that gets old in single player, i hate using tweaks on MP due to messing up pb's. The big game developers know this they just do what has worked best for them in the past scared to take on new challenges that would be involved with implementing a racing simulator with GT5 or project cars quality while keeping to the physics would be very cpu and gpu intensive i believe but i don't know that much about computers.
Quote from 240sxdaniel89 :yea i agree with you there. i my self like games that are always being updated or has some progression on it. far as the LFS Tweaks that gets old in single player, i hate using tweaks on MP due to messing up pb's. The big game developers know this they just do what has worked best for them in the past scared to take on new challenges that would be involved with implementing a racing simulator with GT5 or project cars quality while keeping to the physics would be very cpu and gpu intensive i believe but i don't know that much about computers.

At the moment I think LFS is mainly CPU intensive and that there is plenty that could be done on the graphics aspect without decreasing the FPS that much. On the other hand, I don't really think LFS needs better graphics than it has already but there are a couple of things I think could be added.

I reckon on the FX aspect LFS would benefit the most from better smoke and dust particles, better sound environments (engine sound generation is amazing as is, but I think some better echo and some EQ effects would make it even better.)

More view options. Even though I gotta say I love the versatility in view options LFS offers. I think some options regarding view leveling as well as realistic G-force head movement (optional of course) would be really nice.
eric cant even fix some simple curbs so i highly doubt hes going to be bothered enough to ACTUALLY release anything..
Just integrate LFSTweak into the game, let us "upgrade" cars, make it compatible online while you're at it. That's atleast a couple more years of fun
Oooh, integrated LFS tweak.... I think I came a little... :-)
Quote from robertkubicapl :Witam kolegów kiedy nowa wersja LiveForSpeda?

Dude, this forum is english only. If you want to speak in your national language go to http://forum.liveforspeed.pl/

Anyway, theres no new :lfs: version right now. Only 0.6E and DCon TEST 5 as DEDI.

Polska: Kolego, to jest angielskie forum. Jeżeli chcesz rozmawiać po Polsku idź do http://forum.liveforspeed.pl/

Nie ma żadnej nowej wersji :lfs: Tylko 0.6E i DCon TEST 5 jako dedyk.

(Sorry for the non-english version, I had to explain it to this guy in polish because he may not understand what I just said in english :schwitz
I feel your pain.
I approve of more and new official content. Don't care if hardly anybody uses it. I like just about anything myself . I just enjoy motorsports . Sometimes your get tired of the same things :|
Something i thought: FZ5/FZR are "based" on a Porsche 911, why don't also stretch the tail and the front and make something like the 911 GT1:

Is a GT1, however would fit in the LMP class for today's standarts...

Edit: Sorry for the big image
Quote from Si Mclaren :Something i thought: FZ5/FZR are "based" on a Porsche 911, why don't also stretch the tail and the front and make something like the 911 GT1:

Is a GT1, however would fit in the LMP class for today's standarts...

Edit: Sorry for the big image

That car have Real Racing 3!
Some very good points have been made here. But if the devs haven't said anything in so long, I think it's safe to say they've abandoned the project.

I propose starting a new dev team! I'd be happy to lend my hand as a vehicle artist.
Before you start revolution to throw off the LFS government,you should know that devs haven't replied to any suggestions... But it doesn't mean they don't read them.
Car artist,yeah,there are lot's of you,wannabe artists...

No S3? Fair enough. But consider the following.
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG