The online racing simulator
LFS UK Kart Meet 2013
(271 posts, started )
Was a great weekend, thanks to Jason + wife for accommodation, food, and organising everything! Good to meet you all too, had a lot of fun
Yeah thanks for hosting again. Last time I was there we did some driving on LFS/iRacing, though now probably half the people there don't drive sims anymore!

Here's the group photo. Rob/3jump won the sprint race, with Der Butz and Andrew taking the main race, Turkey has the results somewhere.
Attached images
kartmeet2013.jpg
Sprint race was me and three jump
It was Turkey and Keith who had silver (if i remember) in the sprint race, not me . I was with KayJay and we won nothing !!

Great weekend, lovely to see everyone again and some new faces and thanks to bro Jason for hosting another great Kart meet.

Roll on next year (should be healed by then ).
PHOTOS!

Uploaded a selection of photos to Facebook, public for you all to see.
Are you ever going to accept my friend request. I've been holding my breath. I've had to go to the hospital 60 times to be resuscitated.
Where's victor in that photo?
Just saw the LFS in the jello shots.

edit: Oh jesus, that picture of Bob and TVE.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Are you ever going to accept my friend request.

If I say no it will ruin the suspense. So, maybe.

Quote from Rappa Z :Just saw the LFS in the jello shots.

160 was already down to 154 by that photo as some nameless Welsh attendants could not wait until Saturday night to try them out.

Quote from Rappa Z :edit: Oh jesus, that picture of Bob and TVE.

We're a happy couple and that's all that matters.
I'll kill you! Although I'm happy now that your naked body is no longer your avatar.
Quote from Rappa Z :Just saw the LFS in the jello shots.

edit: Oh jesus, that picture of Bob and TVE.

What are you implying?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Are you ever going to accept my friend request. I've been holding my breath. I've had to go to the hospital 60 times to be resuscitated.

Yeah he can accept mine now while he is at it
Once again, a massive thanks to Jason and his wife for putting this all together - it's really quite splendid of them. Every year it's really like christmas to me - getting to chat to and race against a great gang who are an interesting and also super quick bunch who fight mean but fair.

I was once again frustrated to fail to get a podium, and sad to this time only battle Beccy for 3 seconds, so will pray to the flying spaghetti monster to get a chance again next year.

Thanks to Victor for obviously being a legend, but also for very generously giving me the kart back for the last stint. I don't remember racing for so long in a day, so feel quite battered.

Nice one Bob on the slo mo videos - makes me want that capability.

Was great to see old friends and also meet new faces. Sorry I had to leave without saying goodbye to many who were still asleep, as I had to get three_jump to the airport in time. Thanks everyone!
I can't be the only person who took photos. Becky? I took a copy of all of Jason's photos too but I was going to let him sort through and post those up.

Edit: Added 5 of Jason's photos to the end of my album
Great pictures. Looks like a fantastic time yet again.
Quote :I can't be the only person who took photos. Becky?

This is the first time I've stopped for 2 minutes since it was all over, and I'm currently sat at my desk at work eating a sammich!

Huge thanks to Jason for organising again, this event is always truly epic and this year was a great one.

Those who where there know I did get some red mist whilst racing, it was pretty rough out there this year. I think to a large extent this is because the field is so competitive and the twisty track makes it hard to pass when the drivers are so even. The biggest problem I think was over-aggressive defending, which I was guilty of too and I consider myself partly responsible for how tough it was out there this year.

There are limits that I believe we should all be somewhat mindful of. In most racing it's who's on the inside with sufficient overlap at the braking point - when a track doesn't need brakes (except when offline) then that point is when you lift, that means all overtakes are by definition late lunges - crossing the acceptable behavior line is when you need to contact the other kart to slow down or when you turn into the other kart to stop it from going past.

Yes this does mean that if someone gets up your inside at the corkscrew for the third time that you need to give them room and not aim to make contact for a third time, and specifically not to punt them off just before the braking point so as to send their kart in the opposite direction to the track - and their team mates then throwing abuse from the sidelines is just not acceptable AT ALL at any level of sport.

I think if we all bear in mind that this is a difficult track to pass on when the field is so even, and give each other a little more respect and be mindful of racing rules, not just when overtaking but also when being passed - then this will continue to be an amazing event both on the track, in addition to the great night life which Jason so graciously hosts for us.
The only people I got hit by were the only 2 girls that were on the track. I'm not trying to say anything about the standard of women drivers, but hey it seems to be speaking for itself...

But anyway it was a great weekend - enjoyed the karting and the other stuff probably even more, really grateful that Jason and the family keeps putting it on year after year so that noobies like me get to see what all the fuss is about . Thanks for being my taxi Rob, hope your ankle isnt sore still
+10000000 for Jason doing it again next year, so I can plan/book weekend
By the way... I think I've left my funny rain jacket at Jason's (ir in Andrew's car). So if one of you finds a purple plastic bag which unfolds to some kind of ...well... plastic bag one can wear, I would be very very pleased if you gave me a shout.

greetz

der butz, whos helmet rucksack was not the best idea
Yep I have your jacket. Let me know if you want it posted.
Doesn't that cost just as much as buying a new plastic bag?

It sounds like a poncho.

LFS UK Kart Meet 2013
(271 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG