The online racing simulator
First Time Attack with G27
(8 posts, started )
Hello all

I'm new in Live For Speed and i just bought a G27 for improve my driving skill, I made a little video showing one lap on blackwood with the XFG ( hardtrack setup ), I want to progress, so, any advices for improve my time please ? ^^

Here the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiebPWGfsag

Thanks !
Quote from NevadaKee :any advices for improve my time please ?

How about using some proper setups? :|
Hi!
Very nice video! I'm pretty sure that if you want to improve your lap time, you should get rid of that hard track setup and try setups that are more specified for this track.

Here you can download some setups for BL1+XFG combo;
http://www.setupgrid.net/?acti ... =get&setup_id=XFG@BL1
Thanks I will try some setup to see

But what is the best possible time with hardtrack setup ? Because yes I want to improve my time but I want to improve my driving skills too ^^

I am looking for driving techniques ^^ I'm training at heel toe for the moment but it's not the only technique no ?
Quote from NevadaKee :
But what is the best possible time with hardtrack setup ?

I'm not really sure about that..perhaps 1:34 or something?

Quote from NevadaKee :
I am looking for driving techniques ^^ I'm training at heel toe for the moment but it's not the only technique no ?

There are many techniques that you can adjust while driving. The most important key is to have fun!
I download replay on LFSworld to see, then i tryed to do the same with the hardtrack setup and finally i did ( With my aproximately technique of heel toe :-] ) : 1:37.30 and 1:37.16 ^^, i hope next week i will be able to do a video under 1:37 ^^
It seems you have a second monitor connected to computer, did you try using it in LFS? Dualscreen is pretty fun
With that seat and wheel it is already quite nice cockpit, dual (or even better tripple) screens could be good next investment.
#8 - Mysho
Hello,

first of all - very nice video, nice driving seat and equipment. Wish I could have so much space, too. About your driving. I won't tell you best possible time with hardtrack setup, because I want you to get rid of it as soon as possible. As you can see from the video, this setup has so much understeer which is not good combined with your driving style. When you're done with testing your skills on new setup, here are some hints I've spotted when I was watching your driving:

1. your shifting is too slow. I know you just bought G27 and it's all new, but do try to change gears more aggressively, just fasten up your reflex. Don't worry about the shifter or wheel, it won't damage.

2. you are not hitting apex right. One simple suggestion that goes nearly for all tracks - slow in, fast out. What you are doing is that you are braking on the inside and then loosing time, because you accelerate too late out of the turn.

3. Use full potential of track. Use all curbs, you're simply not using the track right.

4. Try to avoid sliding in turns. Be as smooth as you can. I know this is hard to be done, but hardtrack is really not the right setup. You need to find a setup which will fit your driving style and even improve it.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG