The online racing simulator
F1 videos
(33 posts, started )
F1 videos
Just some random F1 videos i saw on a forum today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv0_aoFdylc - Quite simply, how F1 SHOULD be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORs-8GT6SMU - Very sad
A tribute to some fallen drivers. I can't get over how tragic some of the scenarios are, especially the Williamson crash. The 'marshalls' (you wouldn't guess it) don't even go over to the blazing car until another driver who has stopped runs over the track and halfway up the straight to get to it and starts frantically waving them over.

Even then, the complete tw*ts do nothing but stand there with their thumbs up their arses, while the driver makes futile attempts to try and push the car over ON HIS OWN, then runs off to grab a fire extinguisher to try and deal with the fire instead. I sincerely hope those f**king idiots got their comeuppance for that.

I mean, f**ks sake, I don't get pissed off at 30 year old videos too often!
They looked like spectators, one of them was wearing a suite. They didn't appear to know what to do at all, perhaps the driver didnt speak the same language and couldnt take charge of the situation, so you had a load of indians and no chief. He may have crashed a long way from a marshall post.
#3 - zeeaq
Nice videos.Second one was really sad!!!
Quote from Becky Rose :They looked like spectators, one of them was wearing a suite. They didn't appear to know what to do at all, perhaps the driver didnt speak the same language and couldnt take charge of the situation, so you had a load of indians and no chief. He may have crashed a long way from a marshall post.

still they just stood there? And he was english - and it was at donnington :\. If you google it, you can read that marshals with police dogs actually held back the crowd who were trying to help .
#5 - JJ72
shit....this ruins me day....totally....
That marshall getting halved in 2 was particularly nasty, the car didn't even budge as it tore through him. Tragic.
#7 - Calum
:( :(
true ,

although the driver realises later down the track and you see him pull in and cause another crash , i dunno if it would be shock or if he would even realise what had happened.

All of it is terribly sad to see and makes me not really want to race at the moment.

Calum
Quote from Calum :true ,

although the driver realises later down the track and you see him pull in and cause another crash , i dunno if it would be shock or if he would even realise what had happened.

I'm afraid not mate, that was Tom Pryce in the car - he was killed instalntly aswell as the Fire Extinguisher the marshall was carrying hit him in the head, so when you see him causing another crash he's already dead
#9 - Calum
:(
oh , i had no idea ,

I thought Tom Pryce had been the marshaller , didnt know 2 people were killed

thanks for correcting me tho

Calum
Quote from Calum :
All of it is terribly sad to see and makes me not really want to race at the moment.
Calum

Same here, made me almost cry.
Quote from bahrain :Just some random F1 videos i saw on a forum today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv0_aoFdylc - Quite simply, how F1 SHOULD be.

A tribute to some fallen drivers. I can't get over how tragic some of the scenarios are, especially the Williamson crash. The 'marshalls' (you wouldn't guess it) don't even go over to the blazing car until another driver who has stopped runs over the track and halfway up the straight to get to it and starts frantically waving them over.

Even then, the complete tw*ts do nothing but stand there with their thumbs up their arses, while the driver makes futile attempts to try and push the car over ON HIS OWN, then runs off to grab a fire extinguisher to try and deal with the fire instead. I sincerely hope those f**king idiots got their comeuppance for that.

I mean, f**ks sake, I don't get pissed off at 30 year old videos too often!

I found that 2nd vid a couple of nights ago myself. Was toying with the idea of posting it here, but thought it might be a bit too gruesome for some, especially the younger LFS'ers, but, judging by the response's, i realise there is a very high level of maturity and respect within this community, which is commendable.

With modern day safety feature's in F1, it's all to easy to forget the high level's of danger these young guys put themselves into, every time they step into the car. And yeah, we may all have our favourite driver's, and driver's we like to loath, but, no matter the level of talent, you've got to admire their bravery, and dedication, in a sport that continually ask's them if they are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice.

If you have a look at some of the modern day "crash" vid's on youtube, you'll realise, that, if some of todays driver's were in cars built just 10 or 15 yrs ago, then they would'nt have survived. Folk whinge about F1 being boring, but personally, i'd rather watch a boring race, than watch someone being killed or seriously injured every week on live mainstream TV.

At times, i can't quite believe Senna died, in what seemed like such an innocuous crash, even though i watched it with my own eye's, and, after watching Luciano Burti crash head on into a tyre wall at 170mph at Spa a few yrs ago, i really had to ask myself why i was an F1 fan.
And, i think the answer is, these guys are living my dream, because, if i'm being honest, i don't have the talent, and, i'm simply not brave enough to get out there and drive one of these machines on the limit, knowing one mistake may cost me my life.

I applaud anyone who make's it into F1, even chaps like Ide, simply because they've had the guts to get out there and do it.

p.s please lets not turn this thread into another slanging match, if you have any disagreement with the things ive said, then please keep them to yourself, and lets respect the fallen hero's, without whom, F1 would'nt be the sport it is.
Well I figured Senna videos are great to watch:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_DJzmECksjk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=prU3wkDFv7s (lol these commentators are crazier than Murray Walker!!)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yC8ZXIx5CtE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QlddDKORLXQ (Quick tribute video, scary ending with onboard footage )
http://youtube.com/watch?v=naU_Y5o94Xo

This goes to show that F1 really is not as crazy as it used to be with passing and close racing.
v. good post mazz
I just want to say i fully agree and think exactly the same on the following points ...

Quote :With modern day safety feature's in F1, it's all to easy to forget the high level's of danger these young guys put themselves into, every time they step into the car

yes , couldnt agree more

Quote :no matter the level of talent, you've got to admire their bravery, and dedication, in a sport that continually ask's them if they are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice

well said , i second that again

Quote :Folk whinge about F1 being boring, but personally, i'd rather watch a boring race, than watch someone being killed or seriously injured every week on live mainstream TV.

I always thought that since i started watching F1 , and genuinely love good steady racing of 63 laps or so , instead of dangerous stuff

Quote :I applaud anyone who make's it into F1

once more , agree.

Thanks

Calum
Quote from Bramski :That marshall getting halved in 2 was particularly nasty, the car didn't even budge as it tore through him. Tragic.

Well on close observation...it seems like he didn't get torn into two or anything....look closely...its his clothes that come off when he is flung in the air.

@Mazz

I absolutely agree.A very good write up....
Quote from Tweaker :http://youtube.com/watch?v=prU3wkDFv7s (lol these commentators are crazier than Murray Walker!!)

This Video was particularly nice....shows all those Senna and Prost battles.That first part of the video....was it Nigel Mansell who Senna was keeping behind??That was really awesome man...Senna clearly has a slower car.The third guy was Michael...who also manages to pass Senna later.

Btw really whacky chinese commentary..

Edit : Yea that was Mansell...1992 SPA
Quote from bahrain :Just some random F1 videos i saw on a forum today:

omg the crash at monaco was brutal about 55 seconds into the video.. car just explodes in a big fireball... very sad...

but on the upside its a better death than in some hospital with a tube up your nose....
#18 - JJ72
Amen mazz....people who complain F1 being too civilized and safe simply got overdosed by "reality shows", as if what is seen on TV has nothing to do with reality, and those ain't real people. :/

honestly may no one ever die in F1 again.
Quote from Gabkicks :omg the crash at monaco was brutal about 55 seconds into the video.. car just explodes in a big fireball... very sad...

but on the upside its a better death than in some hospital with a tube up your nose....

He didn't die on the track. Actually survived the day but died in the hospital later on.
that sux
Quote from Mazz4200 :
If you have a look at some of the modern day "crash" vid's on youtube, you'll realise, that, if some of todays driver's were in cars built just 10 or 15 yrs ago, then they would'nt have survived. Folk whinge about F1 being boring, but personally, i'd rather watch a boring race, than watch someone being killed or seriously injured every week on live mainstream TV.

That was Jackie Stewart who said in an interview that the amount of mistakes Michael Shumacher makes during one racing weekend is the same he and his fellow racers was making in their whole career. This makes me think that racing drivers 20/30 years ago was ones to be admired. They were driving their kamikaze missiles 150 mph knowing that a single mistake or misfortunate event would cost them thier lifes. There is no comparison to todays drivers who sit in their carbon fieber cocoons with traction control, enormous downforce and non-explosive fuel. I respect them of course. But I respect racing drivers from 60s and 70s much more for their passion, risk and performance to F1 fans.
I think you may have misunderstood my post, i was saying that all F1 racers deserve respect, whichever time period they are from. But, as i also said, i'm not gonna get into any arguments about it, and certainly not about which generation is the bravest, in light of the video in question, that would be inappropriate
#23 - SamH
Mazz, I agree totally.

Perhaps it's too easy a comparison to draw between recent and historic "risk". There's no question that drivers today are safer than they were at each stage in F1 through history. It's a path of safety that should be applauded. It's just irony that the POSITIVE changes in safety in F1 lead to a net impression, for many, that today's drivers don't take the risks their predecessors did.

They do risk bodily harm. Nobody who drives close to 200mph alongside 20+ others doing the same can NOT do. The fact that they could possibly survive a crash doing those speeds is GOOD. Long may the path to safety continue, IMO.
I hate the fact that F1 is turning into a glorified dragrace, with no over taking just 63 laps of driving :\, the consistancy is amazing, i grant you, but it's also incredibly boring
:)
Quote :but it's also incredibly boring

hmm , i dissagree completly , watching the skill of the drivers as they each make an attempt to better their position in the race , at strategic times / laps of the race.

The efficieny of the pit team and drivers as they arrive into and exit the pit lane in minimum time.

The general excitement of a 63/64 endurance race , sometimes in extreme heats across all continents of the world , under different conditions that are never the same.

The technical desisions of tyres to be used and fuel in order to take full advantage of when the opponent takes his pit lap.

And thats just half of it !

Those things above are what i really love about F1 , i dont think people or the general public think about to often.

With dragracing its just speed , speed , speed ... stop in time safely stop in time safely stop in time safely.

I really dont think F1 will become like that for a long time , at least if the teams are wanting to win ( because they must always be improving there product while obliging to the rules of the FIA ).

Calum

F1 videos
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG