The online racing simulator
Fraps freezes when i record?
(7 posts, started )
Any help on this anyone? I've set both the FPS on fraps and on live for speed to 30fps and changed my hot key to END, whenever i start recording all of a sudden lfs will freeze and then the entire computer is locked up and needs to be shut down from the switch.
Actually I have the EXACT same problem. No idea how to fix it but it would be useful because fraps records sound and gamecam does not (at least I think fraps free version does)
I've just tried Fraps recording recently so I don't really know that much about it, but have you set the resolution low enough? Maybe 30 fps is just way too much for your PC to handle (at that res) and for whatever reason it causes it to lock up. If you're recording from a replay, you can also try running a lower framerate and at the same time slowing down the replay speed. Later you can then increase the video framerate again and have a smooth video AND a relatively low performance hit while recording.
Kind of an expensive fix, but you might try adding some more RAM to your computer. Fraps has always worked for me. But before, I only had 512Mb of RAM and Fraps would freeze for about 5 seconds at first when I start to record, and then it would procede as normal. I added an extra gig of RAM for other purposes, but it also made Fraps stop freezing. My guess would be it's using up your memory, unless you know for a fact you have plenty then I don't really know.
I have 512MB and mime doesn't briefly freeze it crashes fraps, LFS and the computer as soon as I start to record.
Well thing is i used to record vice city online with fraps and it was fine, its baffled me.
Maybe it's to do with LFS.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG