The online racing simulator
Helmet GoDaddy
(7 posts, started )
#1 - ChAzR
Helmet GoDaddy
You should first make the "force lines" which define the most general shape of the design, and then only make those little effects with colors etc...

But that would be a nice one to have

Keep going
#3 - ChAzR
yeah, actually you are absolutely right, just did the colors for a raw shape to orientate and such. tbh, these "force lines" scaring me a bit, this is my first helmetskin so far but i definitely want to finish it as close to reality as i can make it
Mullog is right, look at the way the helmet model in the viewer is presented; it is standing like it is on the head of the driver. Imagine it laying on its bottom and then look at your lines; they fall off.

A simple way to orientate is simply look at the skinfile and use the bottom as a reference. Check out one of mine or Mullogs avatar ^^

here in a full view https://www.lfsforum.net/showt ... php?p=1535681#post1535681

PS: its also helpful to click the shine button in the lower right corner of the viewer to take off the reflection, for skinning or presentation. Also, you can use the custom reflection texture just like you can in the game. There are a few textures that are clean (without enviroment like trees and houses) to give the viewer more of a studio look

#5 - ChAzR
Of course, I must admit you are right :P I'm doin kind of noobish by skinning helmets, okay this is my first one but i think its a bit more difficult than carskins (okay, depends on complexity)

I think, I should start from a complete new template and try to gain some more practise. "Good things will take a while"

It's just funny because I finish nearly one - two carskins each day and when I try to work on this helmet I went full noob mode lol

greets
Thats totally normal; everybody starts somewhere and the LFS helmet is a special kind. Most people don't even dare to start one

Up to teh one i've linked, i have probably done 10 or 20 others before and the first ones were extremely simple

Helmet GoDaddy
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG