The online racing simulator
LFSCART Series 2013: Rules Book
FINAL Changes for 2013:
  • Entry requirements reduced to simpler levels, although there are separate Road and Oval licences still.
  • Removal of Owner's Championship, Rookie Cup, and Qualifying Trophy
  • Re-introduction of compulsory pitstops.
  • Shorter Races (250 km v 320 km from 2012)
  • Superpole eliminated
  • No upper bound on number of cars representing a team, top two finishers still score the points.
  • Nation's Cup score now takes average of the two best finishers for a nation per race.
  • Entries are now to be DRIVER based, not TEAM based. A driver will be responsible for his car and his car only.
Most likely to lighten the load on admins. All the other calculations are just time consuming. In the overall points a simple * could designate a rookie and have them find this information on their own.
I understand removal of useless owners cup and time consuming qualifying trophy,but rookie cup? Still sort of interesting fact to know who's best newcomer and a great reward to the rookie himself.
The rookie cup table itself was simply the driver's championship minus non-rookies. I'll add a rookie flag to any rookie's entry for this year, so you can easily see the rookies in the driver's championship table (and by extention, all other driver-based championships)
The rules book for 2013 is now final.

Please note that the Signups Lockout is now shorter, taking into account the use of a web-based entry system that can more or less handle itself.
Why are R4 tyres banned for road courses?
Probably to involve more strategy
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Why are R4 tyres banned for road courses?

Because r3 is hard enough anyways and renders r4 useless
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Why are R4 tyres banned for road courses?

So tyres [sic? ] don't become ice cubes in caution periods. Same reason why R3s are banned on ovals
Quote from J@tko :So tyres [sic? ] don't become ice cubes in caution periods. Same reason why R3s are banned on ovals

No, not sic .

That makes sense. I used to have a couple of R4/R3 FO8 sets which were nicely balanced and used for sneaky no stop strategies. It would be a nightmare after a caution though!

LFSCART Series 2013: Rules Book
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG