The online racing simulator
Boston Marathon
(512 posts, started )
Doesn't it bother you at all that a double amputee left unattended for several minutes was coherent and awake when they finally wheeled him off with a "tourniquet" loosely draped over his legs? And even then he didn't bleed at all.
Quote from atledreier :Doesn't it bother you at all that a double amputee left unattended for several minutes was coherent and awake when they finally wheeled him off with a "tourniquet" loosely draped over his legs? And even then he didn't bleed at all.

Again, THIS is what needs to be addressed firstly it's just theoretically not possible.
We should try this out. Lets cut off flymike's legs and see if he doesn't bleed out.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :We should try this out. Lets cut off flymike's legs and see if he doesn't bleed out.

There's probably no better subject to test it out on!
Now change your avatar. This is getting confusing even for me.

If you wanted to keep with Futurama canon, you could change yourself to Flexo or maybe gold bender.
2 simple questions that cause thise whole actor thing to fall flat on its face

1) was there an actual bomb? (thus far ive yet to see anyone claim that the whole thign was staged and there wasnt an explosion)
2) if there was a bomb whats the point of using actors if theres plenty of actual victims to get gruesome shots of?
Racer X claims that you won't be guaranteed a gruesome injury if you use a real explosion.

But like I said, my country specializes in blowing things up. If they did it (obviously I don't think so), they did it with a real bomb and killed real people.
if he believes so i invite him to experiment on himself with an explosive pressure cooker near his legs
presumably the recipe and required amount of explosives can be found on the interblags

i also ecourage him to have his whole family gathered round the pressure cooker to increase the sample size as explosions have a tendency to be somewhat chaotic and thus a likelihood of producing random results
a double leg amputation probably isnt guaranteed with just a single person next to the bomb
Quote from BlueFlame :Again, THIS is what needs to be addressed firstly it's just theoretically not possible.

Wouldn't he get instructions to act all in shock, to act unconciousness, i'm sure they would had an actors meeting and tell him that..
Then again like it was said before, none of us here knows how does a human behave in that situation, spare me the "i watched a lot of war movies and this is not what an amputee looks like". I'm sure many factors atribute weather you will faint, bleed out etc..
youd think a government that has the ability to stage something as huge as 911 and that thanks to being engaged in 2 wars for over a decade has access to a basically infintely large database of actual injuries and amputations from improvised bombs would be able to protrait a leg amputation mroe convincingly
Quote from BlueFlame :Again, THIS is what needs to be addressed firstly it's just theoretically not possible.

You must not watch a lot of gore on the internet. This is totally possible. Even with the whole lower body gone.
I would post links to photos and videos if it were allowed.
What if whole murica is fake?
By the way, who won the marathon?
The "terrorists" won the marathon. They ran for a whole week.

:hide:
I felt bad for writing it, but it was a moment I couldn't pass up.
Quote from CheerioDM :You must not watch a lot of gore on the internet. This is totally possible. Even with the whole lower body gone.
I would post links to photos and videos if it were allowed.

Well I only said theoretically. The human body has a habit of going against what's classed as theory.
So, what exactly did the US Government have to gain by staging this whole thing anyways?
Further removal of our rights and a reason to continue the War on Terror.

Funny, because last time I checked our government can't pass a useful law and can't afford to continue a war.
Because America.
US govt is the best govt the corporations can buy.

I think some words from my two favourite 'conspiracy theorists' could be educational for the viewers. For some reason, very few people in the US are aware of what they said.

The first is Maj Gen Smedley Butler, he was approched by Bush's granddaddy, amongst others, to overthrow the US govt in a coup in 1933.

War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.
I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMEI8bnbw1o

The next 'conspiracy theorist' is ex President Eisenhower. His final speech is well worth paying attention to.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisenhower%27s_farewell_address

Well, now we're many years on from what these people said, the US the govt is run by bankers and corporations, and there's huge sums of money involved.
In lack of logic answers to the logical questions, copy-pasta to the rescue

Boston Marathon
(512 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG