The online racing simulator
Spectated for Idling
(11 posts, started )
Spectated for Idling
Hello All,

I am still continually being spectated for idling while racing, anywhere between .5 and 3 laps into a race. Speedtest results, settings, etc are in this thread which I originally posted to:

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=76010

Lately I've been trying out simraceway and RR and have been able to race without any issue, so it's something particular to LFS.

I'm happy to provide any other details that may help solve this

Many Thanks
Rick
Have you tried anything to resolve the problem since you last posted in that thread? As it's been explained the that thread, it's most likely your ISP blocking certain UDP communication - you should take it up with them.
As said, being detected as idle means that position packets from your computer are not reaching the server. Even laggy and spiky connections can usually race for a bit, and get spectated for lag, not idling. Therefore:

- Turn off all software firewalls, "internet security" and anti-virus software.
- Turn off the firewall on your router, or add your LAN IP to its DMZ (bypasses firewall completely), or replace the router with a pure modem.

If it stops happening, then either the computer or router settings are the cause. If it keeps happening, then your computer and router cannot be the cause, and you should contact your ISP.
Well I use wireless on my modem, many people suggest to use an ethernet cable instead but due to my current setup and lack of cord I can't right now. Is there something I can do with like portforwarding or something else that could solve the problem?

Also what precisely should I tell my customer service rep from my ISP. Is there anything more specifc I should mention to him aside from outgoing UDP packets being blocked?
I had to use wireless for a while, had exactly the same problem as you. As soon as I reconnected it via cable it was fine.

As others have posted its probably interference/lost signal to your router
I just bought an expensive ethernet cable, I'm still getting spectated.....

I tried opening ports 29339 and 63392 on both (one at a time [lan and wireless that is, because i'd get duplicate ports otherwise])LAN and wireless (got static IPs for both), and still players can't see my car on the road, I get funny bouncy crashes and airio keeps spectating me... I contacted my ISP and they said the only port being blocked was like 110 or osmething like that and they don't do anything with UDP connections, although they are a reseller or Bell and maybe Bell is blocking stuff, but the guy i was talking to said they would know about it if they did.

It is just ridiculously frustrating, someone please help
Tried reinstalling LFS and it still don't work...
Quote from Jussi-Pekka :How fast is your connection? You can test it eg. at http://www.speedtest.net/ . You could also try to connect to North America servers and find out if they work any better, http://www.lfsworld.net/ .

pretty horrible
ping 30m/s
DL 2.55Mbps
UL 0.43Mbps

do you think I'd have a better chance with Argentina and Brazil instead of Europe? I kind of don't want to deal with huehue BRs
I found two NA servers with Airio which you could try out to see if your connection is fine with these:
lfs://join=LFS.cl%20Demo
lfs://join=%5BPQ%5DRank1
I think it would be good if other North American people told their opinion about your connection if it's fast enough for European servers.
Quote from Jussi-Pekka :I found two NA servers with Airio which you could try out to see if your connection is fine with these:
lfs://join=LFS.cl%20Demo
lfs://join=%5BPQ%5DRank1
I think it would be good if other North American people told their opinion about your connection if it's fast enough for European servers.

people don't answer whne i ask them if they can see my car and when i crash into people, their cars react for like a second and then teleports back into a racing line and keeps on going where as my car bounces like crazy.

doesn't seem to work

Spectated for Idling
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG