The online racing simulator
what should my next wheel be?
I have a logitech g27, but i want a replacement. What would you guys suggest?
i was thinking about a Fanatec CSR, anyone have one?
I have a CSR laying around. IMO it's way better than a Logitech G27 (also have that one). Recently a few of my friends also switched from a G27 to a CSR, and they have not a second of regret.
stick with g27, CSR is bad.
:feedtroll
I agree Bose. CSR is a great wheel, I upgraded from G25 to CSR and it gave me the ride of my life. Not going to say its better than a G27 as I have never tried one, but I am sure it is.
Quote from lrk-racer :I agree Bose. CSR is a great wheel, I upgraded from G25 to CSR and it gave me the ride of my life. Not going to say its better than a G27 as I have never tried one, but I am sure it is.

yeah g25 and the g27 are pretty much the same.
If my DFGT goes, I am going to a csr or a clubsport (if i have the money)
does anybody know something about the noise the csr makes? is it much?
it uses a belt drive, so is a lot quieter than the DFGT and the G25
Correct. It's pretty much quiet thanks to the belt-driven system.
T500 RS? Much cheaper than CSR while still packing a powerful motor with belt drive and 1080 degrees.
And also completely rubbish.

CSR is for Xbox, PC and PS3.
CSR also has features like a display which can be used for multiple purposes.
Adjustable settings on the wheel while you're in-game.

A few weeks ago when I was in England there were some T500 wheels layout around, and it just screamed cheap plastic... I honestly wouldn't go near that.

Then again, I'm a fanboy so don't listen to anything to what I say
Yes, plastic covers make the whole wheel totally worthless.

Atleast it looks and feels like a real wheel when driving, rather than like a toy.
#14 - mr_x
I've been looking at wheels for about a month now and decided that my G25 should be replaced by a Forza CSR wheel with the G25 pedal adapter (I'll get CSR pedals at a later date).

My G25's FFB 'deadzone' has reached about 40 degrees which is becoming un-drivable, and the shifter is completely knackered. Not bad considering I got it in the very first batch of G25s all those years ago and it's had constant use/abuse ever since!

I didn't want a G27 because it's too similar to my G25, I'd rather something completely different for the money I'm spending.

I didn't want the T500 because I've had Thrustmaster wheels in the past and they were to put it bluntly, shite! One broke within 3 weeks of getting it, the warranty replacement lasted little over 2 months - and this was their fairly expensive at the time Ferrari wheel.

I've looked at pretty much every review there is online for wheels and the CSR seems to be the best one out there in the £200 price range, the biggest plus points for me is the belt drive and the buttons on the wheel, plus the fact I don't get pedals with it when I have a perfect condition set of G25 pedals to use.

I have seen worrying messages about their customer service, but have read elsewhere if you document problems well (with video and pics) and supply as much information as possible then they're pretty good.

Now I just have to wait until it arrives!
Quote from Matrixi :Yes, plastic covers make the whole wheel totally worthless.

Atleast it looks and feels like a real wheel when driving, rather than like a toy.

That's interesting. When I hold the T500 wheel (especially that F1 wheel!) it felt like a dinky toy that's like 5 dollars...
The F1 wheel is shit, I agree. The normal one is decent, with the exception of the rubbery surface. Did you even drive with the wheel? I think you're letting your Fanatec fanboyism skew your bias as usual here.

I was also worried jumping in with Thrustmaster, but they've really engineered this thing to take a nuclear blast. I've given it nothing but total abuse since december and it has only thanked me for it.
Quote from Matrixi :Did you even drive with the wheel? I think you're letting your Fanatec fanboyism skew your bias as usual here.

No. I only looked at it and thought: hell, Fanatec is a lot better.
i have a T500rs wheel and its, atleast for me and imo a great wheel.
Tried the g25, csr, clubsport and not one of them got close to the quality of Thrustmaster.

But in the end its what u wanna have and not what we suggest for u to get, right ? :P

Logitec: cheap, good wheel and will last for some time.
CSR: beltdrive, expensive, lots of options
Thrustmaster: the stock wheel works just fine and if i was u, i wouldnt spend that extra to get f1wheel to it cause thats crap. - static paddels, 2way options on pedalset, no shifter, 1080degree rotation, expensive and will perhaps bust a finger or two sometime.
The CSR is €200 and the T500 is €350. How is that 200 expensive?

Did you just say the CSW is not as good as the Thrustmaster?
Uhh, T500 goes as low as 249€ now?

I rest my case.
You rest your case at the fact it's ugly, big (seriously, what's with those paddle shifters) and cheap?

There's not a single thing that's better on the Thrustmaster. The pedals are crap, maybe even worse than the G25/27 pedals.

But hey, who am I to judge. I'm obviously biased to good products. If you're looking for a cheap plastic toy, you're better of with a T500. I'd rather get myself a modded G27 over a T500 any day, and that means a lot coming from me.

edit: and a quick search doesn't show €250 for a new wheel?
Thrustmaster plz. So cheap even by logicrap standards

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG