The online racing simulator
GT1WS 2013 Round 5: Protests and Penalties
Please file any protests you wish to file here.

Qualifying Protests Deadline: 23:15 UTC Friday, 8 March 2013
Race Protests Deadline: 12:15 UTC Monday, 11 March 2013

Please Provide ALL of the following:

Session of Incident
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident
Lap and Location of Incident
Your Car Number
Other Car(s) Involved
Brief Description of Incident

Penalty Log:
Qualifying
Car 14 - Loss of one fastest lap for chat in server ("perm" during Group 1)
Car 61 - Loss of one fastest lap for incorrect numberplate (blank)
Car 71 - Loss of one fastest lap for chat in server ("hi" during Group 1)
Car 72 - Loss of one fastest lap for incorrect numberplate (FINITA)

Race - ALL LAPS ARE THE SERVER LAPS AT THE TIME OF PENALTY FOR THAT CAR

Car 74 - DT penalty - Incorrect numberplate ("Gyepi") - Issued Lap 4, Served Lap 5
Car 74 - DT penalty - Speeding in the pitlane - Issued Lap 5, Served Lap 6
Car 07 - DT penalty - Chat from another team driver - Issued Lap 21, Served Lap 23
Session of Incident: Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 24:25:.54
Lap and Location of Incident: 15, Sector 3
Your Car Number: 02
Other Car(s) Involved: 10
Brief Description of Incident: Maddee goes to the outside entering the braking zone and turns in late leaving plenty of room. #10 outbrakes himself and Maddee has to take evasive action (eventually spinning himself) to avoid contact with 10 who is suddenly 3 car widths away from the apex.

MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 48:54:00
Lap and Location of Incident: End of lap 31 start of lap 32.
Brief Description of Incident: 10 again does not leave sufficient room and turns left into Maddee when he is fully alongside, causing a collision that sends Maddee into the wall and causing substantial enough damage to warrant a repair in the pitstop.
Quote from vipex123 :Session of Incident: Race
Brief Description of Incident: Maddee goes to the outside entering the braking zone and turns in late leaving plenty of room. #10 outbrakes himself and Maddee has to take evasive action (eventually spinning himself) to avoid contact with 10 who is suddenly 3 car widths away from the apex.

02 car began to spin before contact, Racing Incident

Quote from vipex123 :
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 48:54:00
Lap and Location of Incident: End of lap 31 start of lap 32.
Brief Description of Incident: 10 again does not leave sufficient room and turns left into Maddee when he is fully alongside, causing a collision that sends Maddee into the wall and causing substantial enough damage to warrant a repair in the pitstop.

Incident partly down to lag, Racing Incident
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 1h52:40
Lap and Location of Incident: 71 (of car 66) CS-7
Your Car Number: 66
Other Car(s) Involved: 67
Brief Description of Incident: After incident caused by my mistake on lap 70,67 takes revenge and intentionally hits and spins 66
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 2:24:11
Lap and Location of Incident: leader lap 91, involved cars' laps 88/89 (tight hairpin before split 2)
Your Car Number: 60
Other Car(s) Involved: 57
Brief Description of Incident: 57 divebombs 60 under braking and spins him out, causing him to lose time.
Quote from Eclipsed :Session of Incident: Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 1h52:40
Lap and Location of Incident: 71 (of car 66) CS-7
Other Car(s) Involved: 67
Brief Description of Incident: After incident caused by my mistake on lap 70,67 takes revenge and intentionally hits and spins 66

Car 67 Hits the gas coming out of turn 7, contact with #67 causes #67 to spin. Car #67 Drive Through Penalty - Causing an Avoidable Incident
#7 - Hahmo
Quote from Jonathon.provost :02 car began to spin before contact, Racing Incident

Incident partly down to lag, Racing Incident

I agree with the second incident - lag involved.

But the first one I'm asking to be reviewed. Taking a look at the replay, we can all see that Maddee loses the control of the car and goes very wide. Genr loses the control a bit also, and goes wide and on top of that TURNS RIGHT after gaining the control again to take out our car. You can see the wheel movement going to the right, on a turn turning to left?

For these reasons I'm asking this to reviewed again for I see it as avoidable contact / contact made on purpose.

MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 3h19m
Lap and Location of Incident: 123 (of car 66) pitlane exit at speed limit ending point
Other Car(s) Involved: 59
Brief Description of Incident: 59 didn't do anything to avoid first contact while turning off speed limiter,which resulted in retirement of 66
Quote from Hahmo :

Will be reviewed by another admin after the race

Quote from Eclipsed :Session of Incident: Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 3h19m
Lap and Location of Incident: 123 (of car 66) pitlane exit at speed limit ending point
Other Car(s) Involved: 59
Brief Description of Incident: 59 didn't do anything to avoid first contact while turning off speed limiter,which resulted in retirement of 66

#59 Stop & Go - Causing Avoidable Incident
#59 Continues to accelerate, trying to go 2 wide out of pit exit.
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 1:43:10
Lap and Location of Incident: 67, sector 1
Your Car Number: 67
Other Car(s) Involved:69
Brief Description of Incident: 69 makes a mistake in turn 1, Dalda taps brakes and makes sure he doesn't hit them. We are even alongside into turn 2, but 69 slams us into the apex wall, completely ignoring us. This adds to Dalda's damage and ultimately forces an early pit and sends us sliding, into the half pit thing.

Session of Incident
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 2:19:51
Lap and Location of Incident: 89 sector 1
Your Car Number: 05, 57
Other Car(s) Involved: 07
Brief Description of Incident: Niki drifts, causing himself to be spun. he then throws it in reverse and drives in reverse in the same direction as traffic at top speed in an attempt to rejoin the track without losing time. By doing so, he crushes CoRe into the wall, spins Savage Sim Sports, holds LLM up. Then he makes contact with SBP while driving in reverse causing him to lose control, then making contact with GenR and then CoRe again. He then spins across traffic again causing cars to take evasive maneuvers all over including car #57 having to come to an almost complete stop because we were unsure what niki was gonna do next. rforce received a penalty at westhill for a bad rejoin. this wasn't a bad rejoin, it was an idiotic rejoin. Could've been avoided by locking the brakes down and letting cars take predictable measures to avoid.

That will be all, thanks for the clean racing everyone else and sorry for any incidents I caused
Session of Incident
Your Car Number: 14
Brief Description of Incident: Niki outbraked his self with a very late and hard braking while LLM(#05) had no chance to avoid any contact with him. Niki causes his spin byself and we got heavy damgae on right front. Then he drives in reversed direction and crashes GenR, and us again. Our damage was that heavy that i had to pit afterwards and loosing much time.(tried to stay out with the damage but was so heavy that i got more damgae again. He really destroyed our chase through the field until this point of the race....

Session of Incident
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 2:55:59
Lap and Location of Incident: 111 sector 3
Other Car(s) Involved: 05
Brief Description of Incident: I came a bit slower out of the lefthander on to the bridge. 05 get my draft and tried to overtake on the left side. i stayed straight with leaving him enough room to jsut drive straight besides me. I never turned my wheel and he had enough space. He had not the best position for the next lefthander there but i think thats racing. But he decided to turn into me on straight and crashed me in the wall. Again i got heavy damage and had to repair when we pitted later....
Quote from Bmxtwins :[...] This adds to Dalda's damage and ultimately forces an early pit and sends us sliding, into the half pit thing. [...]

The incident will be judged by the admins and I'm not trying to comment on that. I'd like to say something about the false claims of your protest. I'd like to bare with me and have a look at these screenshots. My thought is that, even if we are responsible for the incident, your protest is biased because of recent events.
Attached images
before_incident.jpg
after_incident.jpg
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by Bmxtwins : Wrong thread. Ill post when i get home
Quote from Flame CZE :Session of Incident: Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 2:24:11
Lap and Location of Incident: leader lap 91, involved cars' laps 88/89 (tight hairpin before split 2)
Your Car Number: 60
Other Car(s) Involved: 57
Brief Description of Incident: 57 divebombs 60 under braking and spins him out, causing him to lose time.

Car 57 - 32 second time penalty (DT conversion) - Causing an avoidable incident.

Quote from Hahmo :I agree with the second incident - lag involved.

But the first one I'm asking to be reviewed. Taking a look at the replay, we can all see that Maddee loses the control of the car and goes very wide. Genr loses the control a bit also, and goes wide and on top of that TURNS RIGHT after gaining the control again to take out our car. You can see the wheel movement going to the right, on a turn turning to left?

For these reasons I'm asking this to reviewed again for I see it as avoidable contact / contact made on purpose.

Protest has been reviewed again by three persons who did not provide an opinion into the initial judgement. They have unanimously elected to uphold the initial decision.

Quote from Bmxtwins :Session of Incident: Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 1:43:10
Lap and Location of Incident: 67, sector 1
Your Car Number: 67
Other Car(s) Involved:69
Brief Description of Incident: 69 makes a mistake in turn 1, Dalda taps brakes and makes sure he doesn't hit them. We are even alongside into turn 2, but 69 slams us into the apex wall, completely ignoring us. This adds to Dalda's damage and ultimately forces an early pit and sends us sliding, into the half pit thing.

Car 69 - 32 second time penalty (DT conversion) - Causing an avoidable incident

Quote from Bmxtwins :Session of Incident
Your Car Number: 05, 57
Brief Description of Incident: Niki drifts, causing himself to be spun. he then throws it in reverse and drives in reverse in the same direction as traffic at top speed in an attempt to rejoin the track without losing time. By doing so, he crushes CoRe into the wall, spins Savage Sim Sports, holds LLM up. Then he makes contact with SBP while driving in reverse causing him to lose control, then making contact with GenR and then CoRe again. He then spins across traffic again causing cars to take evasive maneuvers all over including car #57 having to come to an almost complete stop because we were unsure what niki was gonna do next. rforce received a penalty at westhill for a bad rejoin. this wasn't a bad rejoin, it was an idiotic rejoin. Could've been avoided by locking the brakes down and letting cars take predictable measures to avoid.

That will be all, thanks for the clean racing everyone else and sorry for any incidents I caused

Quote from kiste :Session of Incident
Brief Description of Incident: Niki outbraked his self with a very late and hard braking while LLM(#05) had no chance to avoid any contact with him. Niki causes his spin byself and we got heavy damgae on right front. Then he drives in reversed direction and crashes GenR, and us again. Our damage was that heavy that i had to pit afterwards and loosing much time.(tried to stay out with the damage but was so heavy that i got more damgae again. He really destroyed our chase through the field until this point of the race....

Driver N I K I is charged with the following: Causing an avoidable incident, Reckless Driving, Actions contrary to the reputation of the sport. Driver excluded from the Round 5 result (his laps will be deducted from the team's total), driver also placed on 6-month NDR exclusion, effective from the date of Round 5.

Quote from kiste :Session of Incident
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 2:55:59
Lap and Location of Incident: 111 sector 3
Other Car(s) Involved: 05
Brief Description of Incident: I came a bit slower out of the lefthander on to the bridge. 05 get my draft and tried to overtake on the left side. i stayed straight with leaving him enough room to jsut drive straight besides me. I never turned my wheel and he had enough space. He had not the best position for the next lefthander there but i think thats racing. But he decided to turn into me on straight and crashed me in the wall. Again i got heavy damage and had to repair when we pitted later....

Car 05 - 32 second time penalty (DT conversion) - Causing an avoidable incident

Also, due to an oversight, the DT for Car 67 and the SG for Car 59 was never applied during the race, those will be converted to time penalties. I apologise for this oversight, I cannot confirm exactly but I believe side-tracking due to other items caused these items to fall through the cracks. A DT converts to 32 seconds, an SG converts to 44 seconds.

Remaining items of business will be handled on Friday afternoon / evening
No 75% violations.

Car 22 has been excluded from the round for intentional timeout. The penalty is a disqualification because the driver who comitted the foul was on probation. Joonas "DarknessPainF1" Koskinen committed the foul. Considering his actions in Round 1 to cause a red flag, and the unsporting conduct of pulling the plug to gain advantage of a new engine (details of the foul were confessed in an MSN conversation that was relayed to the administration), the driver who committed the foul is excluded from all NDR events for 9 months effective from the date of GT1WS 2013 Round 5.
Quote from dekojester :Driver N I K I is charged with the following: Causing an avoidable incident, Reckless Driving, Actions contrary to the reputation of the sport. Driver excluded from the Round 5 result (his laps will be deducted from the team's total), driver also placed on 6-month NDR exclusion, effective from the date of Round 5.

This penalty has been appealed, and here is the result:

EXCLUSION STANDS - REDUCED TO 4 MONTHS
PROBATIONARY PERIOD OF 8 MONTHS TO COMMENCE UPON EXPIRATION OF EXCLUSION.
This thread is closed

GT1WS 2013 Round 5: Protests and Penalties
(15 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG