The online racing simulator
What do you play in your off season?
Hi all

Every once in a while I get bored of the game I am playing and need a change. I call it my off season. I only play racing / driving games, but LFS kind of ruined all of the other I used to play. So I don't want to drive now in my off season, I feel like playing something else, just for a week or so until the feeling for LFS returns or when I get a proper internet connection! (Should be soon)

Any way, would like some suggestions

Thanks
J
heres what i did.

im not sure if you are old enough for a real car, but i used to be an lfs junkie also...

got a car, joined the appropiate forum, found the cheap but worthwhile things you can do to it. worked on it day in and day out. got a job, paid for more expensive things, drove to all my friends houses more often, made more friends, designated drove everywhere every time without fail, and got even more friends, and everyone loves my recently fixed up car!

now i dont have time for lfs.
Well good for you. Now go and play with your friends
What the hell? He's just giving you a normal answer in your topic.
I hope you forget to brush your teeth tonight
Quote from Sp!tfire :What the hell? He's just giving you a normal answer in your topic.
I hope you forget to brush your teeth tonight

I did not ask what I can do when I'm bored.
I have a car, it drives, it doesn't need work, I have friends, I am a gamer, I have a lot of free time during the day when the rest of my friends and girlfriend is at their jobs or late at night when the world sleeps, so I then enjoy my gaming. Like I said, I got to the point where I have to change my "view" for a few weeks. I feel that his comment was unnecessary, like I said, I did not ask what I can do with my free time, I asked to suggest some other titles, which he failed to do.
#6 - Omar1
rFactor. TDU. City car driving. RBR. ETS2.
Quote from Omar1 :rFactor. TDU. City car driving. RBR. ETS2.

Thanks Omar1

I want to try something new all together, FPS or RPG or what ever, like i said, LFS ruined all the other car games, it make the other games feel [censored] when I play it and when I return to LFS, I have to get used to LFS all over again

I see you did mention city car driving, I was looking at there website the other day. What's it like? Does the driving physics feel real at least?
-
(PioneerLv) DELETED by PioneerLv
Call Of Duty BlackOps 2 LFS and COD what else do you even need in a gamers life
Or you could stay away from COD.
Quote from LukaPsB :Call Of Duty BlackOps 2 LFS and COD what else do you even need in a gamers life

Well, I was thinking about COD, don't know it at all, friend got ps3 version, will see If I can go to him sometime to check it out. Played a bit of Battlefield2 the other day, but it seems there is no offline play? Like I said, my internet connection is up to #### at the moment, so what ever it is, it's got to be offline.
Everyone knows why.
Because you touch yourself at night.
And I watch.
Please ignore the troll above. He just wants attention.
Im confused!

Ewww, Call of Duty. People still play that?
People seem to forget that Call of Duty was a good series long before Black Ops ever came out. You're seriously going to sit there and tell me all of Call of Duty is bad when CoD4 (the first Modern Warfare) still is one of the greatest FPS games of all time? Incredible.

If you want a real FPS experience though, one without frills and levels and other junk, I'd seriously recommend trying Counter-Strike: Source if you haven't already. 9 years old now and it still is one of the most fun games I've ever played.

EDIT: Just read you want an offline experience. BF2 and CS:S have offline modes; however you'll be playing with bots and only bots. For a solid single-player adventure, try Half-Life 2, or Portal 2, or if you're dead set on shooters, try Unreal Tournament 2004 or the singleplayer on Call of Duty 4.
Ok,I will just post my current favourites outside LFS:
- Civilization 4 - runs even on calculator,if you got bored after months of playing,start to try some mods,some really peps up the game. Deffinitely the best turn based strategy out there (CIV5 is quite demanding on sys-reqs,never serieously played it).
- GTA:San Andreas - an already RPG/FPS classic,no need to comment here.
- quakelive.com - if you're fancy for some online unrealistic shooting,a browser based game,easy to install and you can have a lot of fun for free. (haven't played myself since march last year though)
- NES emulator - just for nostalgia,I grew up with games from this system. A bit of search and you'll find emulator itself and roms (games/cartridges) for free.
Also between my "likes",but not having these currently: NFS:Underground 2 - some weird fantasy tuner world,stupid,but in same it feels kinda cool,best NFS title in my opinion / NHL09 - last PC NHL game,well,I come from a land where ice-hockey is the most popular teamsport,what else do I have to say?

Have fun if you're interested in something from this.
Right now I'm playing Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence on my old PS2 console... The best game I've played so far in my life... but I really do want to play the MGS4 and other Metal Gears. There are no better games than these. But yeah, I don't have the money for PS3 and all those MGS... :/
Quote from ToxicKlay :People seem to forget that Call of Duty was a good series long before Black Ops ever came out. You're seriously going to sit there and tell me all of Call of Duty is bad when CoD4 (the first Modern Warfare) still is one of the greatest FPS games of all time? Incredible.

If you want a real FPS experience though, one without frills and levels and other junk, I'd seriously recommend trying Counter-Strike: Source if you haven't already. 9 years old now and it still is one of the most fun games I've ever played.

EDIT: Just read you want an offline experience. BF2 and CS:S have offline modes; however you'll be playing with bots and only bots. For a solid single-player adventure, try Half-Life 2, or Portal 2, or if you're dead set on shooters, try Unreal Tournament 2004 or the singleplayer on Call of Duty 4.

Yes, that is what put me of BF2, running around getting killed and respawn and killed and respawn.......was not for me, I would prefer playing a story line, like GTA, I played that back in 09 on my Xbox, before I discovered LFS (sold the Xbox since)

Any way, I think I will give COD4 a shot, the version before black ops. Spoke to a few friends who also recommended COD4.

Thanks for the input

Quote from Eclipsed :
Also between my "likes",but not having these currently: NFS:Underground 2 - some weird fantasy tuner world,stupid,but in same it feels kinda cool,best NFS title in my opinion / NHL09 - last PC NHL game,well,I come from a land where ice-hockey is the most popular teamsport,what else do I have to say?

Have fun if you're interested in something from this.

NFS Underground 2 is one of the very few games I ever completed.
Quote from jaco1981 :
I see you did mention city car driving, I was looking at there website the other day. What's it like? Does the driving physics feel real at least?

its pretty good, few mods you can get (car wise). Physics arent amazing but its still a decent game
Quote from Eclipsed : NFS:Underground 2 - some weird fantasy tuner world,stupid,but in same it feels kinda cool,best NFS title in my opinion / NHL09 - last PC NHL game,well,I come from a land where ice-hockey is the most popular teamsport,what else do I have to say?

Best NFS ever made, great game to kill time with
Try the DCS series, Black Shark or the A10-Warthog (or both ). Great sims. If you're into tactical war-gaming I could recommend Matrix Games: Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge. Nothing there will ruin your race-sim experience. For some gravity-practice, try the Lunar Flight. Fun, well made (indie-sort-of) game.
FIFA 13, NHL 09, GTA IV, Batman: Arkham Asylum+City, Empire Earth, Bus Simulator 2012, Sims 3 or :hidesbehi Plants Vs Zombies

Depends on mood and friends (the latter for EE and FIFA e.g.).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG