The online racing simulator
Pope Benedict XVI resigns
(34 posts, started )
Let's at least try and get one that isn't a Sith Lord this time.

i can redit
Let's pretend this actually matters and that we care.
well there are some topics where the pope still matters, just imagine anew pope allowing or even promoting condoms to prevent aids spread in africa. I know it won't happen but a pope could make a difference
Quote from Bose321 :Let's pretend this actually matters and that we care.

I'm not an actor enough to pretend so much...
Making fun of the fact that the french always quit.
Oh, right. Moving on...

:sppalpati

media talks of high possibilities of a canadian or african pope
While my personal view is that he's committed a crime totally unacceptable to the Catholic Church, namely, consential sex with an adult female, this is a rather interesting news release on the real reason.

Pope Benedict, Joseph Ratzinger, has scheduled a meeting with Italian President Giorgio Napolitano for Saturday, February 23 to discuss securing protection and immunity from prosecution from the Italian government, according to Italian media sources.
Ratzinger's meeting follows upon the apparent receipt by the Vatican of a diplomatic note from an undisclosed European government on February 4, stating its intention to issue an arrest warrant for Ratzinger, who resigned from his pontificate less than a week later.
http://itccs.org/2013/02/14/po ... apolitano-on-february-23/

This story has been doing the rounds for a while in both the alternate media and some christian media, it could be interesting to watch.
You know.. it's fascinating how English is. Resign means to quit.. but go and stick a dash in, make it "re-sign", and it's like the pope agreed to another 4 year term of papacy!
First Stoner, then Van Gisbergen and now the Pope.

The power games in the Vatican is interesting :munching_
I'm not English, but I reckon it has something to do with that soccer player thinking he's gods messenger on earth.
They all should quite
Quote from thisnameistaken :This was my favourite related story, probably only funny for English people:

http://newsthump.com/2013/02/1 ... turned-away-from-vatican/

or anyone who followed the transfer market
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'm not English, but I reckon it has something to do with that soccer player thinking he's gods messenger on earth.

And no, basically Odemwingie wanted to sign for another club and went to visit that club, only to find out that the clubs had no agreed on any price. He actually wanted to join a more prestigious club, but the club (QPR) was actually last in the league trying to make a turn around. So in reality he was trying to find a playing opportunity. Or at least that's how I saw it.
I heared that one of the reasons he wants to quit is because of health. He does not want to do sit on the "throne" when he is sick and not capale of doing well-judgements / not beeing full aware of what is going around him.

I am not going to get into the whole pedo discussion, but it's interesting news. Wasn't it the year 1400 or 1600 something last time a pope desided to quit before death?
Quote from The Very End :not beeing full aware of what is going around him.

i always thought that was a requirement for being the pope
Dante put the last pope who resigned into the lowest level of hell. It was something like 600 years ago.
Quote from heson :First Stoner, then Van Gisbergen and now the Pope.

The power games in the Vatican is interesting :munching_

If he was van Gisbergen, he'll be the representative of the orthodox church in a bit. If he was Stoner, he suddenly becomes the next Dalai Lama.

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG