The online racing simulator
American style indicators
(13 posts, started )
#1 - axzik
Is there possible to do or already done such thing?
The thing i want is all the time burning indicators without blinking.
Would appreciate if some would do the job.
You mean gauges?

like that?
Quote from axzik :all the time burning indicators without blinking.

It's not possible. The way lights work is no texture or something like that,it's coded in lfs itself. You have to ask Scawen for that feature,but I'm pretty sure it will be on very very bottom of to do list if he even would agree to implement this.
#5 - axzik
Something of this sort might be doable with a script that would toggle turn indicators off and back on instantly. It would however require a quite precise timing and it would probably run out of sync eventually anyway.
It is possible to freeze the indicators on with a memory address value. I know many on the forum aren't huge fans with hacking into LFS's memory directly but its so much more convenient in most cases.
Especially in this case as to do it any other way would require a keypress simulation (9 key and 0 key) in a repeat loop of around 500ms. Not only does that then cause an endless loop but it then causes problems with typing and other keypresses and also it would need more checks on timers to see if LFS is the foremost window to send the keypress to.. disable when pressing 't' to chat, 'enter' to send etc..

To have both indicators constantly on via memory editing can be done very simply by freezing one value at a certain address which stops the indicator timer and therefore makes them stay on at all times, even if LFS is minimized or not the topmost window
I cannot release the memory address as it is a pointer&offset and and using the pointer address can be used for many hacks that work online without CPW or OOS so I will not release this to public, ever
However I can write a simple app to do just this.. but as I said not a lot of people like this method.

(To Mods/Scawen and Devs: If you'd rather this wasn't released here or even not written at all, All you have to do is say the word )
(To Anyone who is against memory editing: I know not many like it, but as said above.. especially in this case it is the easiest and best option to allow this feature as otherways have too many downsides and MadCat said sync issues, having keypresses sent out of sync to the indicators would do the opposite of what it was intended for.)
#8 - axzik
Its just a indicator program i think there would be no worryes about aproving it by lfs team?
I would be glad if you do that for me. Would like to mention that it must be only for my personal use, so let me know if ur ready
I did intend on publishing such app to the forum publicly hence why I gave valid reasons to the memory hack method
Anyways PM sent
If you publish this, couldn't people change the addresses etc and use it for other things?
No, the address will not be visible to anyone, and all released apps from me are obfuscated so that code is never readable by decompiling the .exe with some .net decompiler
Why the hell would that be necessary, and why hacking again ?
Because he wants it.
Because its the most convenient way, rather than looped simulated keypresses on a timer that just uses a whole load of unnecessary cpu time..
Lock one value in memory and be done with it, no loops, no timers, no simulated keypresses, no cpu usage. Locks one address containing the indicator timer. Its not like its giving anyone a mountain load of hacks to win races, cheat or whatever...

Who the hell are you anyway, You just love to troll around the forum and stick your nose in threads that don't concern you. You're not a Mod, You're not a Dev..
Despite having the Dev's names in your avatar trying so hard to look important, You are no different from any of us..

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG