The online racing simulator
G27 no rumble
(11 posts, started )
G27 no rumble
so i got a G27 wheel recently and its been good so far but id like it to give some feedback when my wheels lose traction or are close to losing traction so i can feel whats going on with my car while im racing, is this possible or am i just missing a setting somewhere?
You already can feel losing traction ;-)
Quote from Vojta7 :You already can feel losing traction ;-)

really? i have tryed everything and cant make it work can you help me out?

edit: i can get the wheel to center its self but no vibration?
Your Profiler should be set up like this (except "Degrees Of Rotation", use whatever you want, but I prefer 725), is it?
Also do you have FFB turned on in LFS?
Attached images
Profiler.PNG
Quote from DrBoomtown :really? i have tryed everything and cant make it work can you help me out?

edit: i can get the wheel to center its self but no vibration?

just fyi: , and . buttons on your keyboard adjust % of ffb strength ingame.

Can you feel anything at all?
Quote from Vojta7 :Your Profiler should be set up like this (except "Degrees Of Rotation", use whatever you want, but I prefer 725), is it?
Also do you have FFB turned on in LFS?

thats almost exactly the same as i have mine set up, all the tick boxs are the same just a few % differences on some sliders is all. and yes i do have FFB turned on in game
Quote from Bmxtwins :just fyi: , and . buttons on your keyboard adjust % of ffb strength ingame.

Can you feel anything at all?

i get a small vibration if i hit a wall really hard, but nothing when i go over a rumble strip or lose traction on the tyres. iv tryed at low FFB strength and very high and no difference
Quote from DrBoomtown :i get a small vibration if i hit a wall really hard, but nothing when i go over a rumble strip or lose traction on the tyres. iv tryed at low FFB strength and very high and no difference

Such effects are usually found only in arcadey racing games. The feedback you get in LFS is delivered only by what the front wheels are actually doing, there aren't any "canned" pre-defined rumble effects depending on if you hit a wall or something.

Other than having too mild feedback on the curbs, what you get with LFS force feedback is pretty much what you get in real life.
Quote from DrBoomtown :i get a small vibration if i hit a wall really hard, but nothing when i go over a rumble strip or lose traction on the tyres. iv tryed at low FFB strength and very high and no difference

than something is wrong with your hands. I can feel curbs and rumble strips pretty well, and my wheel being a noisy DFGT, I can hear them quite well too
I feel curbs and bumps pretty well and I use the same settings Vojta posted above, except FFB Strength at 107%
Then ingame I have it set to 15-30% depending on the car I'm in
My in-game slider is set to 100 %.
By the way, I noticed that some curbs (e.g. the left one at the chicane (T2+T3 in sector 1) at Blackwood GP) probably have some bugs and don't activate FFB.
personally I think I have the same issue as the OP. Only FFB I get is random wheel rocking and some impact or jolts from high curbs. Don't really feel understeer, oversteer, or vibrations.

But, then I looked at my profiler settings. Guess who had centering spring on

G27 no rumble
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG