The online racing simulator
Dust 514
(9 posts, started )
Dust 514
So, anybody heard of Dust 514 or playing it?

In short, it's a PS3 free to play FPS. What makes it interesting is that it's tied in with EVE Online, the space MMO from CCP, sharing the same universe and economy. Right now, as it's still in beta, the interactions between the two are limited to requesting orbital strikes from actual eve space pilots (and them being able to perform them, of course), but it's planned that both gameplay and market-wise, they will influence each other more strongly, like having Dust players conquer planets for resources and the facilities on them for themselves, or for other eve corporations.

I for one play it since the closed beta and I love it. Gameplaywise it's comparable to the Battlefield series, allthough it's a tad slower and tons more complex as you can (and should) customize your gear and upgrade your Mercenery (or Dustbunny, as the Eve pilots lovingly call them) very much like in an RPG.
And even though it does monetize on player equipment, it's not pay to win, as the best equipment is only available via the in game currency, so you don't have to pay anything to succeed and have a good time.

It went open beta last week, so it's free to download and play, and as there are a number of PS3 players in here, I thought it might interest some of you.

Also, if you use my recruitment link here:
https://dust514.com/recruit/56Twv6/
You get a special Assault Rifle and a skillpoint booster accelerating your progress for the first seven days.
And to be frank with you, I too should recieve a reward if you sign up via that link, even though it's not yet disclosed what that reward will be.

Also, if ou play it, feel free to add me up in game. My Dustbunny's called "Coleus Rattus" (note the space in the middle :P)
Well, I love EVE, but... FPS on a console, I think not.

It's a pity too, because if CCP hadn't gone maximum derp and released this on PC instead, it could have been really good. Sony must have given them a really big sum of money to get an exclusive for their system, considering the userbase of the related game is only found on the PC.
Quote from Matrixi :Well, I love EVE, but... FPS on a console, I think not.

It's a pity too, because if CCP hadn't gone maximum derp and released this on PC instead, it could have been really good. Sony must have given them a really big sum of money to get an exclusive for their system, considering the userbase of the related game is only found on the PC.

+1
I played EVE for 2 years, I love FPS (on PC), I own a PS3 and still I'm not even considering buying this.
Well, it does support controllign with keyboard and mouse natively, if that's what keeps you away from it. And it's free.

But as a starter in console shooters, it might have a tad to steep learning curve.
#5 - Vain
Well, if you think austrians recruiting followers for their purposes have done enough harm in the past you may also use my recruitment link:
https://dust514.com/recruit/K7Yx2y/
or go to https://dust514.com without getting free stuff, your choice.

I've been in the closed Dust 514 beta for a while. It's enjoyable, but plagued by technical issues. Give it a try, but expect to be overwhelmed by complexity and a lack of polish.
I've been pulled in because I view it as a very casual game, being on a console. Additionally I hope the Dust and Eve integration will give the game more meaning in the long run than other shooters.

Vain

P.S.:
Quote from Fastwalker :+1
I played EVE for 2 years, I love FPS (on PC), I own a PS3 and still I'm not even considering buying this.

It's a free to play game. No investment necessary. At all.
Quote from Vain :Well, if you think austrians recruiting followers for their purposes have done enough harm in the past you may also use my recruitment link

Pah, that was 70 years ago, and you still hold a grudge? :P

Do tell your dustbunny name, so we can squash some redberries sometime.
#7 - Vain
I would like to bring this game back up.

If you left the game earlier because of the very harsh spike in difficulty you may find it vastly improved now. New players now have a much easier time than they used to.

If anyone decides to enter (recruitment link above Wink ) send me your character's name and I'll give you a few hints.

Vain
#9 - Vain
Quote from Forbin :keep-calm-and-dont-mention-the-war.png

The discussion above was two years ago. Smile

The game is still kinda awesome though, for those that are interested in trying a Free 2 play SciFi shooter on the PS3.

Vain

Dust 514
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG