The online racing simulator
Profiler not working with G27
Hello,

I have a problem with Logitech Profiler. When I create a profile for a game and set custom settings for it, the settings won't apply - either at desktop or in a game, it still has 900 degrees and all forces at 100 %. The strange thing is that when I use the "Global Device Settings", it works - but profiles are useless (only key bindings are working, but I don't use them). I'm using Profiler 5.1.127 @ Windows XP, but I've experienced this on W7 too.
Also even when using the full 900-degree range I can fell that a few degrees before engaging the "hard lock", the "soft lock" also engages. I'm not sure whether this is normal or not.

Also, I can use Global Device Options, so I'm asking: How much is it realistic to use all forces at 100 %? Is it good or I should change something?

I posted this also on Logitech Forums, but no reply yet.
I believe that it's by design so that the hard lock doesn't get thrashed against causing damage internally. I think the G25 has a similar feature as well.

Profiler should ultimately be setup as "100% overall, 0% spring and 0% damper" (some say 101% to prevent a weird see-saw motion, but I've not seen that stuff personally).

As for FFB, incidentally the lower the value you use.. the more information you will feel. It's totally up to your own personal preference ultimately to what you like. Some people like this retarded 150%/200% FFB setup. Some prefer as low as 100%/10%. Totally up to you!
One more question: With the "centering spring" turned off in Profiler the wheel has absolutely no FFB when I turn it while the car is not moving. The only way to get a more realistic behavior is to get FBM and apply brakes while turning the wheel. Only then the FFB works like in a normal car (some resistance while turning, but does not center itself back after I put my hands off it). In other cars it works too, but the FFB is weaker and has a lot bigger "deadzone" (I need to turn it almost 270 degrees (range set to 900) before feeling the "spring"). Is there any way to fix this?
Can you show a SPR of what you're describing? I have a G25 and LFS has one of the best for FFB feel. Use chat messages to describe things in the SPR.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... l3sg&feature=youtu.be (you can hear when I step on the brake pedal)
The FBM is still unrealistic as the wheel with brakes on turns always 90° back instead of staying at near the same angle as before I release it, but still better than the other cases. I'm now sure it's not a problem with LFS (other games do things like this too), it seems to be a driver bug. But I can't find a working driver... :-(
Centering spring should not be enabled in the Profiler. It creates an additional force which messes up the force feedback generated by games. LFS calculates force affecting the front wheels and uses it to create appropriate FFB effect, centering spring interferes with that.
I bet that FFB effect generation in LFS is designed to produce correct forces at racing speeds. Physical properties of objects change considerably with their respective speeds - see static and dynamic friction for instance - which is probably the reason why the FFB feels incorrect when a car is stationary.

The only way to know for sure would be to inspect the FFB effects LFS generates and compare them to the data sent to the wheel by the Logitech drivers, but that is crazy stuff .
But shouldn't there be at least some FFB even when the car is not moving? Or it should just go off and let me turn the wheel with one finger?
I was just playing around with different settings and it somehow started to work - not as well as I expected, but it works!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG