The online racing simulator
connecting... but cant see.
(9 posts, started )
hello,

i am getting a problem in lfs. when ever i connect to a online server i do get connected, see the people talking to each other, but actually cant see any one's cars.. and i can also join.. but cant see any one, its like im in single player.
please tell me what to do. i really do wanna play LFS!
#2 - Litro
Drive out of the pits, cars will be on a track.
yes!
when ever i drive out of pits! i can drive my car but cant see any1 else!!!
click on UDP in N-list
Quote from cargame.nl :click on UDP in N-list

Thank you very very much!! may god bless you and your server
You should definitely talk to your ISP because the UDP position packets from the server aren't getting through. Switching to TCP increases the load on the server and it's not a solution but a nasty workaround.
TCP is also slower and can cause big hickups with other cars, since the flow of position data between you and the server can queue up if there is just one tiny bit of information that is taking a very long time to transmit.

With UDP, if one bit of information is lost in transmission, you just get a minor hickup, if not unoticable hickup in many cases.
Quote from Skagen :TCP is also slower and can cause big hickups with other cars, since the flow of position data between you and the server can queue up if there is just one tiny bit of information that is taking a very long time to transmit.

With UDP, if one bit of information is lost in transmission, you just get a minor hickup, if not unoticable hickup in many cases.

it was working before then one day it happened !! now it works again
No it's not working again. Working around the problem is not solving the problem.

But I don't know why some people have these problems...So... well.. Not many options.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG