The online racing simulator
RackService Hosting - Support Thread
(142 posts, started )
Hello! How i can know my server IP to connect insim?
Quote from Siikais1 :Hello! How i can know my server IP to connect insim?

I'm just having the same question after looking to connect LFS Remote Smile
Quote from Siikais1 :Hello! How i can know my server IP to connect insim?

Quote from Kova. :I'm just having the same question after looking to connect LFS Remote Smile

Hello,

Just noticed the reply on this thread. If you have an active service with us kindly open a support ticket in your client area and you will receive a response in just a few hours.

Thanks!
Quote from Chriship :Hello,

Just noticed the reply on this thread. If you have an active service with us kindly open a support ticket in your client area and you will receive a response in just a few hours.

Thanks!

Didnt wanted to bother you and your staff with a ticket for a little question like that, but if you say so, will do it sooner or later.

Thanks for the reply! Smile
How this Rackservice works? If I purchase a host during weekend, I have to wait until monday to get it activated? And it is in "pending mode" until that?
Not sure about that but if you use the chat function at rackservice.org you will likely get your answer faster than here.
As far as I know,they are manually activated by their operator. So it depends from his activity - considering it's holiday period,I wouldn't hope for very fast response,then again - I don't know their holiday habits. Shrug
I was guessing something like that. Yes ofc I used first chat, then support ticket, and as 3rd option, LFS Forum Petals
Finally got my server active, but...lmao...control panel needs login and my rackservice pass dont work there...Face -> palm they provide zero instructions for new user Fap and of course I am online when they are not and vice versa Rofl
If I remember corectly,they sent CP login details to email. But I'm not sure anymore,it's been a while since I ordered for the 1st time there,now everything is autocomplete,I don't even know the password... Big grin
Quote from Eclipsed :If I remember corectly,they sent CP login details to email. But I'm not sure anymore,it's been a while since I ordered for the 1st time there,now everything is autocomplete,I don't even know the password... Big grin

you are right. I usually skip all automatic sent mails Big grin
Is it typical stuff that server goes by itself into practice mode even there is quali & race laps defined? What I remember, RS is not the most reliable host for lfs servers.
edit: on top of that, while it was midnight in UTC+1 timezone, the server went down for 2 min. Uff..
Yeah, RS servers are crashing quite often lately Frown

When it starts the server again after a crash it gets all the info from the setup.cfg file. It doesn't remember the settings you set manually in a previous instance.
Quote from LakynVonLegendaus :
When it starts the server again after a crash it gets all the info from the setup.cfg file. It doesn't remember the settings you set manually in a previous instance.

That is understandable, thats why I have set quali time and race laps definitely in the setup.cfg file. Despite of that, when I went to the server yesterday evening, it was in practice mode. Im really disappointed on this sort of quality. Still Im not very willing to buy an extra internet connection + extra computer to host the server on my own...
That's weird - I have never seen my config being changed. But can't comment on modes - I have always practice set on my servers.
It's "9397 Racing" server, right? You've got /select=yes set so maybe some guest set it to practice mode?
Quote from LakynVonLegendaus :It's "9397 Racing" server, right? You've got /select=yes set so maybe some guest set it to practice mode?

Oh...thanks!

RackService Hosting - Support Thread
(142 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG