The online racing simulator
PolePositionDriver.com The Latest Sim Racing News
Dear Pole Position Driver Community. We first wanted to thank you for your support. We are updating today with some unfortunate news, PolePositionDriver.com is now closed down for good. We had huge pleasure in bringing the latest news to the community, but in all our efforts to bring new fresh content to the Sim Racing Community, there are 2 Sim Racing sites which have consistently been able to bring the Latest Sim Racing News for a number of years now and I do welcome you to visit them. They both do a fantastic job and I am more than confident they will be able to fill your Sim Racing News Needs.

http://www.virtualr.net/

http://www.bsimracing.com/

Thank you once again for all your Support.
-
(Framaris) DELETED by Framaris : fixed!
Quote from Framaris :It is a bit sad that your ''sim racing links'' or your ''links'' button doesn't even point to LFS site...any reason in particular?

You make a great point, I only started that particular list recently.

I have made sure that both LFS and the LFS forum are on there now.

Thanks for pointing it out
-
(Framaris) DELETED by Framaris
Quote from R3DMAN :Isnt this just a copy of www.virtualr.net?

I am sure with the many sim racing sites out there that there would be some similarities but no it isn't a copy. I spend several hours a day building up content for it and joining in races as I do it because I love sim racing and the communities amongst it and will be sure to continue.

I used to dedicate heaps of time to do photoshoots for members on here as a fun service to get some shots of them racing using a combination of fraps and the first person camera shot (real time too, I didn't use replays) and used to send em out.

Any of the older members from that time would have remembered me.

I haven't been on for a little while but I thought there might be a few more positive comments for a fellow sim enthusiast.

I've always received good responses in the past from my contributions to the lfs forum (and its contributions to me which had got me into Sim Racing in the first place).
http://www.lfsforum.net/search.php?searchid=5147071

Its true I did forgot to put LFS on the link list but I pointed out my mistake and added it straight away.
Ok. Well since im the customer.. You tell me what do you offer which virtualr doesnt?
Give him a break.

Remember you drive an Opel, not an Vauxhall.
Quote from R3DMAN :Is there ever any news about LFS to report?

Ignoring that, they do.

How about the fact that the majority of top drivers in iRacing have come from LFS and LFS still has some of the fiercest competition out there?
Quote from Dennis93 :Give him a break.

Thanks Dennis93

I was suprised R3DMAN had such an issue with my post here. I thought its best I won't give his posts anymore attention.

As everyone knows they are welcome to go or not go to any web site. I am doing something I love, sure there is always other sites just like there are other simulator titles around but LFS devs didn't worry about that and kept with it. If there was only one site for each topic there wouldn't be much variety.

Anyones free to check out the site. I hadn't found any particular news to post in the last week relating to LFS but when I do find some i'll be sure to put it up first thing.
Looks good! And welcome back
Quote from Mustangman759 :Looks good! And welcome back

Thanks Mustangman congrats with Last Lap Motorsports, its amazing how far its come. Your Web site looks fantastic. Long time no speak.
I remember this site! Glad its back.

As for our website, same design for 4 years definitely needs an update
Quote from Bmxtwins :I remember this site! Glad its back

BmxTwins, Mate long time no speak how are you? Thanks for the comments

Do you remember we used to do web hosting in 2009 for your team web site? That was really awesome fun.

I'm happy to help again if anyone wanted to get a team web site going, my web development skills have got a bit better since then.

I can help design and implement your own blog Style web site or forum for your team free of charge too. All you'd need is web hosting and a web site domain.
Quote from polepositiondriver :Thanks Dennis93

I was suprised R3DMAN had such an issue with my post here. I thought its best I won't give his posts anymore attention.

As everyone knows they are welcome to go or not go to any web site. I am doing something I love, sure there is always other sites just like there are other simulator titles around but LFS devs didn't worry about that and kept with it. If there was only one site for each topic there wouldn't be much variety.

Anyones free to check out the site. I hadn't found any particular news to post in the last week relating to LFS but when I do find some i'll be sure to put it up first thing.

I dont have an 'issue' with your site, i genuinly want to know what you offer that virtualr doesnt. If you updated the site more often than virtualr then its a positive in my book. But dont just fill the site with pointless crap. For example iRacing being full of top LFS drivers.. Nobody cares, i just want to know news about the games im interested in.

Quote from vipex123 :How about the fact that the majority of top drivers in iRacing have come from LFS and LFS still has some of the fiercest competition out there?

That im afraid isnt exactly news is it. Plus you could argue that they have gone over there because lfs hasnt had anything decent happen with it for years (excluding the recent patch)

Quote from Dennis93 :Give him a break.

Technically i drive a Lotus Type 116 if you look through the history of the creation of the car you will see the Lotus engineers nicknamed the car 'type 116' and commented the vx platform was the lotus they always wanted to create (gm engine) but financial implications meant they had to source an alternative engine, the rover 1.6 unit. The vx and lotus s2 share i believe 119 parts. but ignoring that I live in the UK therefore its a Vauxhall.
Quote from R3DMAN :
That im afraid isnt exactly news is it. Plus you could argue that they have gone over there because lfs hasnt had anything decent happen with it for years (excluding the recent patch)

If you're looking at it on a purely technical side then no.
You're full of negativeness, Chris..

But I'd guess I'm not the only one who have told you this.
Im a realist, comes with the territory. Im not one to sugar coat stuff.

I said if the site was updated more often than virtualr it would be a possitive. Its my only gripe with virtualr.
Quote from R3DMAN :Im a realist, comes with the territory. Im not one to sugar coat stuff.

I said if the site was updated more often than virtualr it would be a possitive. Its my only gripe with virtualr.

I'm not sure I need to justify the purpose of the site. It is what it is.

I'm a realist too and no matter what you do in life you can't make please everyone and I think in this case i'll keep doing what I love.

I think its best to just let me have my off topic thread and negative comments out, as the point was to share a link with some fellow sim racers not to try convince every person that its better than another site because its updated less or more. It is what it is

I'd want people to like it because I am the one writing the articles/news, and that I take the time to research the news and post as much quality as content.

Thanks
I agree with redman to an extent. However, i use virtualr for mod and game progress news. Bsimracing manages to do the same but come through with obscure mods that are excellent but not in the spotlight.

PPD just can't compete unless you make it like the name of the site suggests, which is a site specifically on sim racing news and results with an occasional game update or 2.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :I agree with redman to an extent. However, i use virtualr for mod and game progress news. Bsimracing manages to do the same but come through with obscure mods that are excellent but not in the spotlight.

PPD just can't compete unless you make it like the name of the site suggests, which is a site specifically on sim racing news and results with an occasional game update or 2.

Yeah everyones entitled to their opinion for sure, but think about how many different search engines or businesses that are out there in the world. Many do the same type of work but not all may do it with the same passion, or enthusiasm. Many of which are very successful,

Also consider how many different general news web sites there are, each with the same topics but people are going to certain ones because of personal preference and enjoy the way something is written, for this reason I am sure my site appeals to lots of readers.

Its not always about competing against something else either to be more successful, since were all in it together as a community and do what we enjoy.
yea, but lets be honest, there is only really 1 search engine everyone uses..

i wish you the best of luck.
Quote from R3DMAN :yea, but lets be honest, there is only really 1 search engine everyone uses..

i wish you the best of luck.

One thing I always remember is that while there can only be a first place winner in a race, it doesn't mean any of the other positions are any less important. The point was that they contributed to the overall race. A race wouldn't be a race without others also taking part.

Have a great weekend and thanks for the best luck
Quote from Framaris :No, they don't do LFS!

They do, actually, but there's never anything released for LFS really so they aren't dedicated to it.

Also Chris, we get it, you couldn't afford an Elise so you bought an Opel Speedster and go around saying it's basically just an Elise because it shares some parts. So you're butthurt and you wanna drown on a guys ambition/passion to create a site/network.

You don't have to offer something new for something to be good, it just has to be more accessible and with less bullshit pCARS updates.
We've had some excellent support from the LFS community thanks to all

Any fans clicking our Like button on the right hand side is a huge help. It will also allow you to keep track of our news from within facebook too.

Simbin are leaving no leave unturned with a request to all Closed Beta Testers to join in on Friday 25th January to help assist with a major stress test on Simbin’s Backend servers. While the ability to simulate these tests automatically, Simbin would like to see real users putting the servers through real world scenarios. Simbin have mentioned that if they reach 2,000 unique users during the stress test window, they will give away Get Real and Apex Hunt game modes for free to all users who register a game account in the first two weeks following the release of the open beta.

The RaceRoom Racing Experience Stress Test Details:

•Friday, January 25th, 2013
•Testing will run from 0900 GMT and conclude at 2000 GMT
•During this time we invite you to browse the portal, challenge ghosts on the leaderboards, post laptimes, share screenshots, send friend requests, use the store (sandboxed), and play the various game modes in RaceRoom Racing Experience as if it were a day one release and you were discovering it for the first time.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a Free 2 Race concept where a high end racing game is provided for free. The concept offers the opportunity to purchase additional content, thus allowing every user to build the game of their dreams.

http://www.polepositiondriver. ... major-server-stress-test/

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG