The online racing simulator
GT1WS 2013 Round 3: Pre-Qualifying
Pre-Qualifying for Round 3 of the 2013 GT1 World Series takes place Sunday, 6 January 2013 through Tuesday, 8 January 2013. It will start at 18:00 UTC on the start date, and end at 18:00 UTC on the end date.

For Round 3, ONLY TEAMS OUTSIDE OF THE TOP 10 IN OVERALL CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS ARE REQUIRED TO PREQUALIFY.

The 10 Locked-In Teams For Round 3 (Listed in Number Order):

2 Team Vires
3 ineX Racing 2
8 DiabloSkinZ PRO
10 Genuine Racing
11 Conquest Racing Pro
12 nFinity eSports PRO
13 ineX Racing
17 Genuine Racing 2
54 Stig Breeding Program #1
56 SAVAGE SimSports 1

The top 20 overall from prequalifying will combine with the 10 locked-in teams to be part of the race team list; Those who Pre-Qualify 21st, 22nd, and 23rd must be on "Active Standby" and ready to race on short notice.

Remember: Unlimited laps, fastest lap counts. Drafting permitted, Bumpdrafting NOT ALLOWED. NO Restrictions on Shift+P/Shift+S.

Server Information and Password will be sent to Team Managers and Team Vice-Managers sometime on Friday or Saturday.
Passwords have been sent out; preQ starts in just under 20 minutes.

PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST NOT EXIT THE PITLANE THROUGH PIT ENTRY. Any driver found to have exited the pitlane via the pit entry will see themselves excluded from the Pre-Qualifying.
Results?
Airio Provisional Results attached; official results Wednesday overnight / tuesday morning once I go through the mprs to check for wrong way out of pit, plus audit participation drivers vs team rosters.
Attached images
g3preqfinal_p1.png
g3preqfinal_p2.png
g3preqfinal_p3.png
Cheers deko. I guess LLM FZR looks to be ok considering 2 WR are in the list and ixion didnt wear proper name, plus a couple repeats.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Edit: i took the time to look thru the list.

Preliminary results would be the following assuming Ixion. have wrong nickname penalty:
-
(RoamerF1) DELETED by RoamerF1
Official Pre-Qualifying Results are official.

Please look at them to determine if your username has been completely disqualified from Pre-Qualifying.

You are afforded until 05:00 UTC on Friday, 11 January 2013 to appeal your time deletion if you feel it was mistaken.

The following 18 teams advance to the race from Pre-Qualifying:

05 Last Lap Motorsports
07 Ixion Simsports PRO
09 CoRe Racing Pro #2
15 Tera.Mindfactory PRO #1
18 Team Vires 2
19 GraVt Racing Team
21 Stig Breeding Program PRO
52 rForce Am
55 AceX Motorsport
57 Last Lap Motorsports
59 nFinity eSports AM
62 Green Angus Racing
64 World Class Lions
67 Last Lap Motorsports BUS
68 Conquest Racing Am
69 Hellenic Racing team
71 Scuderia Gas Racing Team
72 Team 6ª A Fondo
Attached files
gt1ws_r3PreQresults.pdf - 48.3 KB - 344 views
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by Bmxtwins
What? 06 won pre-qual.
You have edited our confirmation and said we did not pre-qual. That is not the case. Look at the screenshots in the post above. 06 was at the top.
Quote from Tomhah :What? 06 won pre-qual.
You have edited our confirmation and said we did not pre-qual. That is not the case. Look at the screenshots in the post above. 06 was at the top.

Your laps have been invalidated because you exited the pits on pit entry, which lost you all your times.
As a result of the DSQ's there are now cars starting the race who are up to 4 seconds off the pace in qualifying alone. On a fas narrow track this should be real fun! Especially as those in question have already been crashing into / causing considerable inconvenience to those practising on the server. I know rules are rules but prehaps a loss of fastest lap, or even a grid penalty would be more appropriate to those who broke the rules rather than a mass DSQ? My two cents.
I agree with James here.

It does seem a bit too harsh getting disqualified because of this.
Quote from vipex123 :As a result of the DSQ's there are now cars starting the race who are up to 4 seconds off the pace in qualifying alone. On a fas narrow track this should be real fun! Especially as those in question have already been crashing into / causing considerable inconvenience to those practising on the server. I know rules are rules but prehaps a loss of fastest lap, or even a grid penalty would be more appropriate to those who broke the rules rather than a mass DSQ? My two cents.

My 2 cents: I think the penalty should probably have been a loss of all laps from an illegal pit exit until a legal one was done, but I doubt deko would have assumed so many people would do it (I did lol rather reading the results!!). I can't really see a problem with him enforcing the rule as it was, I mean it's in the thread and I assume he would put it in the PM? If this whole thing had reduced the field down to 10 cars or something then yeah, sure, but it's still at 28 now which isn't bad

As for the "n00bs", report them and I'm sure deko will investigate

And on a rules/precedent front, I'm sure this has happened before where there hasn't been a full field after pre-qualifying, haven't people who didn't pre-qualify been allowed onto the grid in championship order? And so in theory as these people "didn't pre-qualify", those at the front of the champ (#58 & #65 as far as I can tell) still in theory be allowed to race?
#12 - CSF
Quote from dekojester :

PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST NOT EXIT THE PITLANE THROUGH PIT ENTRY. Any driver found to have exited the pitlane via the pit entry will see themselves excluded from the Pre-Qualifying.

Not like deko didn't make himself clear.
Yeah rules are rules and I respect that, I'm more concerned that people so far off the pace now get a chance to race.

Agreeing with Jack about the loss of laps until a proper one is finished, but I guess as the teams are all DSQ then the empty spaces on the grid will remain empty.
Look at the other drivers of the slowest team in pre-qualifying which have been disqualified for the same infringement. Actually the difference between fastest laptimes in actual qualifying and slowest teams will be approximately 2s. That's still acceptable and would be within well 107% - if there were such a rule in NDR.

I don't really see the problem and Deko has announced the rules clearly beforehand.
but what hasnt been stated here on the public forum, is that he didnt know about this rule, and as soon as R.Kingsbury told him it was illegal, he ceased to exit the wrong way.
Quote from vipex123 :As a result of the DSQ's there are now cars starting the race who are up to 4 seconds off the pace in qualifying alone. On a fas narrow track this should be real fun! Especially as those in question have already been crashing into / causing considerable inconvenience to those practising on the server. I know rules are rules but prehaps a loss of fastest lap, or even a grid penalty would be more appropriate to those who broke the rules rather than a mass DSQ? My two cents.

Same rule as gt2ws you shouldve been aware of it already, if you broke it thats your fault.
If these dsq are revoked i will be protesting the decision because it means our fxr would be bumped off.
Also, i reported myself for breaking this rule because matt drove a lap on my pc and wasnt aware that i was on preq server. So its not like this rule was unfair to some, it was standard for everyone.
#17 - CSF
Quote from xtraction :but what hasnt been stated here on the public forum, is that he didnt know about this rule, and as soon as R.Kingsbury told him it was illegal, he ceased to exit the wrong way.

Boo hoo. Reading the rules usually helps.
Rules are rules. Maybe you guys shouldnt have gone the wrong way on te track during a live session
To those complaining about the pitlane exit penalties for whatever reason, here is your choice:

Either man up and admit your mistake and failure to read the relevant forum threads as the Sporting Code dictates you do and commit a flagrant foul

OR

Continue to complain and I will convert EVERY SINGLE ONE of these infractions to a 6-month NDR BAN for the following reasons:

Deliberate Wrong-Way on Course
Reckless Driving
Unsportsmanlike Conduct as an effect of Reckless Driving
Failure to Follow Racer's Responsibilites of Knowing The Regulations

End of. The rule has been enforced in prior rounds at Westhill, was in the OP in good time, you have no excuse.
-
(boothy) DELETED by boothy : jabba
-
(vipex123) DELETED by vipex123 : Read what I've actually written ray and Matt.
-
(CSF) DELETED by CSF : fine ill join the delete club
Great, just ****ing great.

I admit I made the mistake, but its just way too harsh in my opinion. I really didnt even think of it when I did it. My main goal was: Put in a decent lap as quick as ****, and get back to work.

It didnt affect a single soul, but I guess rules are rules. I admit I screwed up by not reading PMs etc properly, but it has been an insane week at work and I was lucky enough to have time to put a few laps in at some point.

This is the reason why I stopped sim-racing. Idiotic rules in my opinion, when it does not affect a single person. Its just there to avoid carnage or to look "real". If I caused carnage, sure, punish me. But there was only two or three people at the server at the time. It had no affect what-so-ever.

Oh well, rant over. Good luck.
Quote from Tomhah :Great, just ****ing great.

I admit I made the mistake, but its just way too harsh in my opinion. I really didnt even think of it when I did it. My main goal was: Put in a decent lap as quick as ****, and get back to work.

It didnt affect a single soul, but I guess rules are rules. I admit I screwed up by not reading PMs etc properly, but it has been an insane week at work and I was lucky enough to have time to put a few laps in at some point.

This is the reason why I stop sim-racing. Idiotic rules in my opinion, when it does not affect a single person.

Oh well, rant over. Good luck.

Please tell me then why wrong-way driving should not be a session DQ.

Please tell me then when you'll give me the money I need to make this a full-time job so I can spend the time it would take to do some of the things suggested other than a simple DQ from the entire session for driving the wrong way.

Please tell me what the definition of "affecting a single person" should be. Is it 500 meters? 5000 meters? Half a lap? 5 cars in server? 20 cars in server? Ambiguity kills rules, and is what gives lawyers their ability to make their money.

The point is, you are in an official session during the Pre-Qualifying, you must abide by the rules, which even the sporting code says you must not drive counter to the direction of the course without admin permission. What is to say that if you have the clearance that might be given in the case of there's only one car half a track away, but your LFS minimizes to desktop, and by the time you recover you're stopped or slow on track when they come to complete their lap, what should be the penalty then?

Welcome to the world of rules making.
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by dekojester : only serious discussion please
Quote from dekojester :Please tell me then why wrong-way driving should not be a session DQ.

Please tell me then when you'll give me the money I need to make this a full-time job so I can spend the time it would take to do some of the things suggested other than a simple DQ from the entire session for driving the wrong way.

Please tell me what the definition of "affecting a single person" should be. Is it 500 meters? 5000 meters? Half a lap? 5 cars in server? 20 cars in server? Ambiguity kills rules, and is what gives lawyers their ability to make their money.

The point is, you are in an official session during the Pre-Qualifying, you must abide by the rules, which even the sporting code says you must not drive counter to the direction of the course without admin permission. What is to say that if you have the clearance that might be given in the case of there's only one car half a track away, but your LFS minimizes to desktop, and by the time you recover you're stopped or slow on track when they come to complete their lap, what should be the penalty then?

Why should I give you money? I will never give you that money, and neither do I care. You do this for fun, just as I do. You're not a god.

The fact that no one even saw it while driving. No one noticed. Thats how it didnt affect anyone. None was complaining, none saw it, none had to even think about it. Thats how it didnt affect anyone. I didnt crash anyone out by doing it. I didnt block anyone. I wasnt dragging anyones attention. Thats how it didnt affect anyone. I'd like to turn the question around. HOW DID IT AFFECT ANYONE?

Right, if thats how you're going at it, then what if you spin? Are you not allowed to do so even if you spin? If that is what you are suggesting. I could of just "spun" out of the pit. identically the wrong way. Yes, thats what happend.

Please tell me how not affecting anyones pre-qual is worthy a DSQ. I would assume crashing someone in a race is worse than driving the wrong way out of pits affecting no one for 5 meters, just like if you had spun.

Just please, Deko. This is stupid, and you know it.
Quote from Tomhah :Why should I give you money? I will never give you that money, and neither do I care. You do this for fun, just as I do. You're not a god.

The fact that no one even saw it while driving. No one noticed. Thats how it didnt affect anyone. None was complaining, none saw it, none had to even think about it. Thats how it didnt affect anyone. I didnt crash anyone out by doing it. I didnt block anyone. I wasnt dragging anyones attention. Thats how it didnt affect anyone. I'd like to turn the question around. HOW DID IT AFFECT ANYONE?

Right, if thats how you're going at it, then what if you spin? Are you not allowed to do so even if you spin? If that is what you are suggesting. I could of just "spun" out of the pit. identically the wrong way. Yes, thats what happend.

Please tell me how not affecting anyones pre-qual is worthy a DSQ. I would assume crashing someone in a race is worse than driving the wrong way out of pits affecting no one for 5 meters, just like if you had spun.

Just please, Deko. This is stupid, and you know it.

Why the hell should he go through 48 hours of replay to determine that.
Why should he? Cant we just protest someone if someone has done anything stupid in pre-qual?
I mean... its pre-qual. If you remove my fastest lap, sure. But DSQ... its stupid, really.
Quote from dekojester :Please tell me then why wrong-way driving should not be a session DQ.
If someone drives the wrong way in a race but doesn't gain time from it, or affect anyone you wouldnt do anything because it wouldnt be protested, it isn't dangerous if you're on a server by yourself.

Well, how exactly is it quicker to check an entire MPR for someone doing something even if it affects no-one, rather than to wait for someone to protest it for affecting their pre-qualifying. Stop having a hissy fit when someone points out something thats true.

By driving into them and ruining their lap/disrupting their session obviously

In my opinion it's quite harsh, especially if they do it once and realise their mistake etc. Fair enough, you told it in the forum but you clearly saw it is an exceptional situation at westhill, that people do it more often. If you wanted to avoid people doing it, you'd put a layout in the server(why would you practice a pit entry in a qualifying session), or even put a server message on in the server when you join. I think you've gone out of the way to cause a problem that doesnt need to exist with this, if its protested then follow through with your threat of DSQ'ing them from session, and if not then np. Thats really a much easier solution and removes the problem, in my opinion.

I'd rather race with good drivers who made an innocent mistake, and I'm not involved in this situation at all. If you stick with your decision Deko then good for you, you have every right to considering you posted it etc. But imo you're a reasonable person and should be able to see the difference and realise clearly if so many people made the mistake, its because its an easy mistake to make rather than because they're all idiots who deserve not to be in the race.

GT1WS 2013 Round 3: Pre-Qualifying
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG